Yakub Memon to Hang On July 30 for India's Deadliest Terror Attack

Gollum

]Yakub Memon's hanging has terribly divided country . Most of muslims even liberal one's are coming on TV and supporting Yakub
It has clearly demarcated the line between traitors and those who love our country. As expected AdLibs failed the acid test. But a few of my friends who are AAP,CPM,Congress supporters were unexpectedly for death penalty of the b@stard. No matter how much I disagree with them in the future I will respect them.

You may try to see your own meaning in these sentences and you have cheerleaders available as well to exhort you in doing so' date=' but to any independent mind it would be clear that my emphasis was clearly on double standards of prosecution agencies which were very blatant in case of Maya Kodnani.[/quote'] Spin theory at play again. Any rational thinking person can tell that you are clearly arguing for a death sentence here. You cannot on the one hand ask administration of a state to argue for a death penalty for a criminal and then claim that when she becomes a death row convict, I will opppse it. That is Lahori logic at its best.

Spin theory at play again. Any rational thinking person can tell that you are clearly arguing for a death sentence here. You cannot on the one hand ask administration of a state to argue for a death penalty for a criminal and then claim that when she becomes a death row convict' date=' I will opppse it. That is Lahori logic at its best.[/quote'] You can believe as you wish but my opposition to death sentence would stop me from exposing double standards of govt. I never said Kodnani should be hanged but I would always say why govt treated her favorably while her crime is graver than most of the death row convicts. She has been convicted for killing of 26 children. What a state we have that despite conviction she is being offered a free life by Gujrat govt. She is not even confined within a jail.

I am surprised with the amount of incredulity shown by a well read and apparently neutral person like you in these comments. It would be extremely naive to think that situation would have been much different in any case. Nobody expected it to be much different' date=' that's why Mumbai Police was so prepared. Kudos to Mumbai Police for handling in such steadfast manner without being insenstive. Really happy with role of Mumbai Police.[/quote'] I guess I didn't have an idea of the scale of support he had that's why I was quite shocked to see such crowds.

SO this Yakub guy is a frickin Martyr now? If you see a poisonous snake in your house-You Kill it......If you see a harmless Cockroach-YOU STILL KILL IT. Simple. Get over it....it is not like Yakub was a saint who lived his life for the downtrodden,he is a fkin terrorist...good riddance.

Not even one news channel showed the grievances of relatives who lost their loved ones in the bomb blasts. So much for Indian secularism. :sad:
This. The victims or the actual people affected simply doesn't matter iin Indian secularism. Just like the Salman Khan case, not one mention or interview of those victims. Both cases really have some similarities. In India, you are only a victim if you are from minority, others simply are often ignored and ought to care for themselves.

You can believe as you wish but my opposition to death sentence would stop me from exposing double standards of govt. I never said Kodnani should be hanged but I would always say why govt treated her favorably while her crime is graver than most of the death row convicts. She has been convicted for killing of 26 children. What a state we have that despite conviction she is being offered a free life by Gujrat govt. She is not even confined within a jail.
First of all this is entirely your subjective call. May I remind you that the serial child killer of Nithari, Surinder Kohli, who methodically and in a pre-planned manner killed helpless children has had his death sentence commuted by the Allahabad High Court. There is hardly any precedent in this country for riot related crimes to attract the death penalty, for the simple reason that usually these are not pre-planned and cold blooded, which I think is a prerequisite (going by the judgments) for the death sentence to be awarded.

You can believe as you wish but my opposition to death sentence would stop me from exposing double standards of govt. I never said Kodnani should be hanged but I would always say why govt treated her favorably while her crime is graver than most of the death row convicts. She has been convicted for killing of 26 children. What a state we have that despite conviction she is being offered a free life by Gujrat govt. She is not even confined within a jail.
Wow, the arm chair judge has spoken. Clearly the courts missed a few things. Kindly enumerate. The Gujarat Govt approached initially for a death sentence. Later, the Advocate General opined that "there was no direct evidence" against her, and hence had to go for a lower sentence. The govt decided to go ahead with seeking death penalty for the chief perpetrators including Bhajrangi. Loving how Internet Khap Panchayaths are working overtime to deliver instant justice :yay: