Dhoni pleased with allrounders stepping up

Ironhide

Why can't you guys have some patience?

Just hype a guy after the first game.....then pull him down after a few average games...like poor Sran.

You guys are like...see a cute girl...yeah mummyj will like.....start looking for kids names,one boy and girl.Bas yahi hai..:doh::doh:.

:hysterical:

Just hype a guy after the first game.....then pull him down after a few average games...like poor Sran.

You guys are like...see a cute girl...yeah mummyj will like.....start looking for kids names,one boy and girl.Bas yahi hai..:doh::doh:.

:rofl: :rofl: 

LOL nobody is running away. I'm sure the posters here don't want to read your mistakes again so I will desist from listing them and derailing the thread as they've asked me not to. If you aren't satisfied, I'd suggest contacting your English teacher ASAP and asking him/her to teach you some basic English. I say that because had you understood my first reply to you, this totally nonsensical discussion wouldn't have taken place at all.

You wanted Pandya in the Test team based on the 1 T20 you watched and I replied that he needs more FC experience before playing Tests. Your words:

"When Binny can play why not pandya?"

"I never said that he will be successful in tests but just said that it's high time we start having second thoughts about a limited overs style allrounder in tests and give it a try to which you guys seem to have pre-set your answers to a 'no'. You just aren't ready to accept a pandya style player in our test team."

"'maybe' kohli can 'try' him IF he performs well in T20s."

"he will score quick fire 40 in overseas tests" // I meant  

You see how stupid they sound?

And then you started arguing with a whole lot of unrelated things like Smith and unorthodoxy, etc. When expressbowling said the same thing about FC experience I'd been saying you went ahead, made a U-turn and agreed with him.

Again comprehension fail - that machine is 'named' a 'Lethal Swinger', not called one. Show me instances where Swing bowlers are called 'Swingers' and you can sleep better tonight.

Like I said earlier, if you don't reply I shall end this 'discussion' here.

You comment some stupid things and expect me to not reply...

I never said that he can be picked into the test side based on one T20 ...U just seem to cook things up. I clearly stated that he will have to do well in more ODI's and T20's. I did not mention the point about him playing more First class cricket because I always wanted him to play his ODI game in tests(not very convincing words but I hope you get my point). I clearly stated that he could replace Stuart Binny who isn't doing much either. He at-least needs to be tried . He'll slowly might adjust to test matches given a few chances. And it isn't that he has never played FC tests. He does have some exposure. You said he needs to be good up front bowler who bowls with swing and movement ,to which I just said that he really need not have the techniques but can still succeed. That's where I mentioned Smith just in an attempt to convey to you that a player can do well at the international level without being too sound at techniques of bowling(again don't argue that Smith is a batsmen and we are talking about bowling...its just an example) .There will always be a 'might'. U claimed that a lower order batsmen won't score 40's in tests when the top order batsmen have failed.Ben stokes has done it for England. 

You just took this discussion out of hand and started saying all crap about my English and about taking U-turns.None of which were true. If yes,then show any such posts.

All you are doing is going round and round about the same things while skipping to justify your baseless claims.I believe that there isn't much problem with my basic English . U again can deny this but not unless you show me at least some posts(PM me if you really think they are too long for you to post here) . As far as I know, there is no problem with the word 'swinger'. I have regularly used/seen it ...maybe it is wrong but understand that there is a way to correct someone. I have heard "that was a good Inswinger/outswinger".It is used commonly in baseball and don't see any grammatical error in it. I can't agree with your unorthodox claims either. Even in the modern game, not many play like a Maxwell or a Warner . It still is unorthodox type of batting.Esp given that no Indian batsmen play with positive intent, Pandya's style of batting would become unorthodox if he does play tests the same way he does.

All I can say is he if you can't  correct me with valid reasons please just let this be and don't start  cycles again. Good night and take care :icflove: .Great timepass.

:cantstop:

going back through our posts, looks like most for our arguing wasn't really about pandya. 

You comment some stupid things and expect me to not reply...

I never said that he can be picked into the test side based on one T20 ...U just seem to cook things up. I clearly stated that he will have to do well in more ODI's and T20's. I did not mention the point about him playing more First class cricket because I always wanted him to play his ODI game in tests(not very convincing words but I hope you get my point). I clearly stated that he could replace Stuart Binny who isn't doing much either. He at-least needs to be tried . He'll slowly might adjust to test matches given a few chances. And it isn't that he has never played FC tests. He does have some exposure. You said he needs to be good up front bowler who bowls with swing and movement ,to which I just said that he really need not have the techniques but can still succeed. That's where I mentioned Smith just in an attempt to convey to you that a player can do well at the international level without being too sound at techniques of bowling(again don't argue that Smith is a batsmen and we are talking about bowling...its just an example) .There will always be a 'might'. U claimed that a lower order batsmen won't score 40's in tests when the top order batsmen have failed.Ben stokes has done it for England. 

You just took this discussion out of hand and started saying all crap about my English and about taking U-turns.None of which were true. If yes,then show any such posts.

All you are doing is going round and round about the same things while skipping to justify your baseless claims.I believe that there isn't much problem with my basic English . U again can deny this but not unless you show me at least some posts(PM me if you really think they are too long for you to post here) . As far as I know, there is no problem with the word 'swinger'. I have regularly used/seen it ...maybe it is wrong but understand that there is a way to correct someone. I have heard "that was a good Inswinger/outswinger".It is used commonly in baseball and don't see any grammatical error in it. I can't agree with your unorthodox claims either. Even in the modern game, not many play like a Maxwell or a Warner . It still is unorthodox type of batting.Esp given that no Indian batsmen play with positive intent, Pandya's style of batting would become unorthodox if he does play tests the same way he does.

All I can say is he if you can't  correct me with valid reasons please just let this be and don't start  cycles again. Good night and take care :icflove: .Great timepass.

No offense but you're now scaling the heights of stupidity and general dumbassery.

Your just putting words in my mouth, when did I claim that a lower order batsman cannot score 40 when top order players have failed? I said don't expect Pandya to score a 'quick-fire 40' every game when most top order players don't even average 40 overseas. We don't know as of yet if Pandya can play that kind of positive cricket at the Test level - he averages 27 at an SR of 49 in FC cricket.

Didn't you say he needs to be tried in Tests if he does well in t20s (check your quotes in my previous post). I replied that he needs to develop his longer format skills at the FC level before playing Test cricket. When expressbowling said the same thing, you agreed with him in a jiffy. That's called a U-turn.

Learn to read before opening your mouth.

Your analogy of comparing Pandya to Smith's unorthodox batting is way off to say the least. I'll leave it at that.

I won't be commenting on your English anymore as it's there for all to see. The effort and time (hours) you took to type out this post correctly because of my comments :hatsoff:

I'm repeating for the umpteenth time, the word 'Swinger' does not exist in the Cricket lexicon, while Inswinger or Outswinger do - they describe types of swinging deliveries. You used 'Swinger' to describe a Swing bowler which is plain wrong. But you can use it if you like it so much.

Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Better stop it.

Sleep tight :icflove:

Edited by Gunner

No offense but you're now scaling the heights of stupidity and general dumbassery.

Your just putting words in my mouth, when did I claim that a lower order batsman cannot score 40 when top order players have failed? I said don't expect Pandya to score a 'quick-fire 40' every game when most top order players don't even average 40 overseas. We don't know as of yet if Pandya can play that kind of positive cricket at the Test level - he averages 27 at an SR of 49 in FC cricket.

Didn't you say he needs to be tried in Tests if he does well in t20s (check your quotes in my previous post)? I replied that he needs to develop his longer format skills at the FC level before playing Test cricket. When expressbowling said the same thing, you agreed with him in a jiffy. That's called a U-turn.

Learn to read before opening your mouth.

Your analogy of comparing Pandya to Smith's unorthodox batting is way off to say the least. I'll leave it at that.

I won't be commenting on your English as it's there for all to see. The effort and time (hours) you took to type out this post correctly because of my comments :hatsoff:

I'm repeating for the umpteenth time, the word 'Swinger' does not exist in the Cricket lexicon, while Inswinger or Outswinger do - they describe types of swinging deliveries. You used 'Swinger' to describe a Swing bowler which is plain wrong. But you can use it if you like it so much.

Sleep tight :icflove:

Again just going round and round and round. All you can do this use sentences like "You sound stupid" and "scaling the heights of stupidity" and try to act smart.There is nothing in my post which scales the heights of stupidity. 

"People can see for themselves" , "It will take a whole page" and "Posters here don't want to read your mistakes " ...all these are just cover ups you are trying to bring up.The Truth is that that you are avoiding becoming a fool here. Agree upon that and move on. Maybe yes my English is not as forward as yours .But don't see any problem with my basics.You are much older and I'm sure that your English would have been like a fourth grade kid when you were my age.  If you still say that my English skills are non-existent ,then all I can say is that your basic mental thinking capabilities are non-existent .

When a seam bowler is called a 'seamer' why not a good 'swing' bowler be called as a good swinger of the ball ? I just don't seem to get it. How can you be so sure that there is no such term? 

Pandya has taken 3 wickets with his bowling, for which he is not known.I wish he is able to show his big hitting skills in the 3 rd T20.

Iam pleased with his bowling, he can bowl at 135-140 kmph range,has ability to bowl slower ones,Yorkers .With experience he will become a good bowler

He has a decent action and can even increase his pace.

Tbh, Gurkeerat hasn't done anything remarkable on the tour. I won't be surprised if he is dropped for a long time.

no he hasnt but to be fair the only true opportunity he got was during that chase we messed up. 

I know unlikely but would be nice if rohit, kohli, ashwin were rested and gurkeerat and someone else got a go. 

no he hasnt but to be fair the only true opportunity he got was during that chase we messed up. 

I know unlikely but would be nice if rohit, kohli, ashwin were rested and gurkeerat and someone else got a go. 

Agree, but the competition for Indian Team is tight. Bumrah did well in his first game and he is now playing. Else, he will be in trouble.