Bhuvi replaces injured Shami in Asia cup.

Pace is very important in test matches

It is quite important  in ODIs

Pace is almost immaterial in T20s.

So... for World T20....Bhuvi is as good or as bad a pick as the other back-up pacers available. He is not in form but neither are the other pacers if we are talking LOIs. 

I would be far happier if Umesh, Aaron and Ishant do well in tests and also in ODIs if picked. 

I would like Aaron to be tried in ODIs ...but know that it is not going to happen in practice.

Edited by express bowling

It is of reasonable importance in ODIs

So... for World T20....Bhuvi is as good or as bad a pick as the other back-up pacers available. He is not in form but neither are the other pacers if we are talking LOIs. 

I would be far happier if Umesh, Aaron and Ishant do well in tests and also in ODIs if picked. 

I would like Aaron to be tried in ODIs ...but know that it is not going to happen in practice.

pace is very importamt in any format of the cricket

It is of reasonable importance in ODIs

why will aaron never be picked in ODI's ??

he could improve and be picked.. why not..any reasons.

if dhoni retires ..virat may pick aaron. 

why will aaron never be picked in ODI's ??

he could improve and be picked.. why not..any reasons.

if dhoni retires ..virat may pick aaron. 

I mean as long as Dhoni is there. He has clearly stated that he prefers medium pacers.

Also. Dhoni has made it clear in recent interviews that he won't retire from ODIs  anytime soon.

Virat will pick Aaron definitely and I am waiting for that day.  I feel that he is the most lethal bowler among all our quick  bowlers.

pace is very importamt in any format of the cricket

In test matches,  almost all TOP  pacers have or had pace or bounce or both.  Only medium-pacer I can think of, off-hand , is Philander. 

In ODIs....most TOP pacers have or had pace or bounce or both.  But there are a few exceptions  like Bracken ( more medium pacers have succeeded compared to test matches )

In the IPL, we have seen quite a few medium pacers do really well....like Bravo, Sandeep Sharma, Sreenath Aravind etc.   Most of these trundlers will look innocuous in tests and maybe even ODIs.  Most players have played so few T20 Internationals,  with no structured home and away tours,  that it is difficult to comment on this format.

In test matches,  almost all TOP  pacers have or had pace or bounce or both.  Only medium-pacer I can think of, off-hand , is Philander. 

In ODIs....most TOP pacers have or had pace or bounce or both.  But there are a few exceptions  like Bracken ( more medium pacers have succeeded compared to test matches )

In the IPL, we have seen quite a few medium pacers do really well....like Bravo, Sandeep Sharma, Sreenath Aravind etc.   Most of these trundlers will look innocuous in tests and maybe even ODIs.  Most players have played so few T20 Internationals,  with no structured home and away tours,  that it is difficult to comment on this format.

lol please dont compare ipl with international. If you see ttwenty bowling line rankings you will find starc styen malinga gul in it  all has pace

lol please dont compare ipl with international. If you see ttwenty bowling line rankings you will find starc styen malinga gul in it  all has pace

Top wicket-takers among pacers in T20Is also include trundlers like Kulasekhara, Southee, Sohail Tanveer, Mills  etc....

Secondly... The quality of IPL matches are usually at par and often better than international T20s......which many top teams play quite casually or with second-string sides. ( The only exceptions are World T20 matches which are played very seriously )

Also...so few players have played even 50 T20Is that there is not much data available for proper comparison.

Top wicket-takers among pacers in T20Is also include trundlers like Kulasekhara, Southee, Sohail Tanveer, Mills  etc....

Secondly... The quality of IPL matches are usually at par and often better than international T20s......which many top teams play quite casually or with second-string sides. ( The only exceptions are World T20 matches which are played very seriously )

Also...so few players have played even 50 T20Is that there is not much data available for proper comparison.

see dude  southi and tanviir (remember  tanvirs 6 wickets in ipl he use to bowl around 140kph )not trundlers 

Kula where is he now? Bashing he got from Rohit  he. Never recovered see dude a yorker. Well  directed at  142 kph is much more leathel than 131 kph yorker

see dude  southi and tanviir (remember  tanvirs 6 wickets in ipl he use to bowl around 140kph )not trundlers 

Kula where is he now? Bashing he got from Rohit  he. Never recovered see dude a yorker. Well  directed at  142 kph is much more leathel than 131 kph yorker

Sohail Tanvir usually bowls medium pace. Occasional 140 k deliveries are bowled by most pacers in t20s, including Bhuvi.

Southee is a medium-fast bowler too.

I am a big fan of genuine quick bowling....but, in T20s, it is a double edged sword. The margin for error is very narrow, pitches are usually super flat and batsmen are ready to tonk every ball. 

Speed works for you if the delivery is accurate and against you if you are off-target. 

Malinga, Steyn and Starc are not only quick but also very accurate. Hence, they have done so well in T20s.

Best pacers in any format are those who are both very quick and  accurate.  What do you do if you don't have such pacers in sufficient numbers ?

In test matches, I would prefer an inaccurate quick bowler over a reasonably accurate trundler because taking wickets is the primary objective.  In T20s, a pacer who is highly skilled , accurate and has guile is often better than a spraygun pacer bowling at 145 k....especially if the pitch is a batsman's paradise.

Our problem is...our trundlers are not only slow but also lack accuracy and skill.

p.s -  A guy like Jasprit Bumrah, who can bowl accurate yorkers at 138  k to 143 k, should not bowl slower in T20s.

Simple question whom will you pick between bumrah and bhuvi in t20?? Bumrah  fast mediam vs trundler bhuvi?

When you have an accurate fast bowler or even accurate  fast-medium bowler...the answer is very easy.

The more pertinent question is.....who would you pick in a T20 game...an out-of-form Bhuvi or  an out-of-form Yadav ?

I think it is immaterial...both will get hit badly.

If Kohli were the captain, I would pick the fast bowlers because they perform much better under him and he motivates them.

In  test matches. I would pick  Yadav over Bhuvi in most games unless we are playing in swing friendly England.