World cup almost over for India

Stuge

How is Group 1 poised? I believe all 4 teams are still in the race.. At least on paper.. Though Eng, SA, WI have an edge

WI  = 2 wins + plays SA and AFG (plays at Nagpur)

Eng = 1 win + plays  AFG and SL (plays at Delhi)

SA = 1 win +  plays SL (Delhi) and WI (Nagpur)

SL = 1 win + plays Eng and SA (plays at Delhi)

AFG = 0 wins + plays Eng (Delhi) and WI (Nagpur)

Edited by rett

I always felt that the game vs BD would be the hurdle Ind would have to overcome .... I think a bit of momentum is on Ind's side now and it is up to Ind to make the most of it 

Agreed. Even Ashwin admitted post match that they have not played well enough so far to be contenders. Still need to win against Aussies. 

Edited by Adi_91

This WC is getting eerily similar to the 2007 WC..

NZ thrash India... India clinch as thriller against padosis (different ones this time) defending a 140 odd total... Playing a must win game against one of the best sides in the game before semis... Will hopefully knock them out after that game just like how they knocked out SA in 2007

Edited by bowl_out

@rett

What are the scenarios after today's result? Pak, India and Aus are all in it still right?

Yeah .... And Ind will have to beat Aus to qualify. It has no other viable options

• Pak can beat Aus and still qualify based on good NRR (If Aus beats Ind)
  • Aus can lose to Pak and still qualify by beating Ind based on NRR 
  • If Aus beats Pak, Ind vs Aus will be QF
Edited by rett

Yeah .... And Ind will have to beat Aus to qualify. It has no other viable options

• Pak can beat Aus and still qualify based on good NRR
  • Aus can lose to Pak and still qualify by beating Ind based on NRR 
  • If Aus beats Pak, Ind vs Aus will be QF

Wow, the group is still wide open. 

@rett

What are the scenarios after today's result? Pak, India and Aus are all in it still right?

All three teams are in with a chance.

Pak fans - hope Pak beat Aus by fair margin, and Aus beat India by a small margin

Aus fans - hope Aus beat Pakistan or lose by a small margin... and beat India with a big margin

Ind fans - hope Ind beat Aus 

Theoretically, all three have a chance. Realistically, one of Ind and Aus have a stronger chance 

I am expecting Aus to beat Pak unless someone like Afridi (or one of the sloggers) has a memorable day or Aus crumble under pressure when chasing 

Stop doing what we kept trying to do throughout 2015 WC, comparing 92 WC to it...indian performance hasn't been upto mark , Should have smashed Bangladesh never the less got the 2 points...so India now have a virtual QF on Sunday , Hopefully ICC doesn't put up a doctored pitch i.e. a square Turner to help India..

The Sunday game is a must win for India if they don't one of Pak or Aus will go through

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

all with all your comment but not square turner one.

By seeing indian batting crumbled , do you think ICC is doing all this on purpose?  Here is where pakistani cricket fans lost the plot. CONSPIRACY