Dhoni : The ultimate T20 player

sourab10forever

:yess: why do people keep forgetting England was untouchable at there peak in 2011.. Salo ne Home series bhe legaya ham se :((

That's when old once started to retire and we are in rebuilding phrase.

We got trashed in AUS 4-0 next year and They got trashed 4-0 in India :hmm:

Pakistan did beat England at that time 3-0 at UAE..Also SA beat England 2-0 that too in England...England was good but they were never invincible.

11 hours ago, Viper said:

:yess: why do people keep forgetting England was untouchable at there peak in 2011.. Salo ne Home series bhe legaya ham se :((

That's when old once started to retire and we are in rebuilding phrase.

We got trashed in AUS 4-0 next year and They got trashed 4-0 in India :hmm:

Its not just about the losses. It is about his refusal to try anything different when things aren't going right. In Australia, our batting was disastrous. All the oldies were past their "Use By" date. We had Rohit Sharma and Rahane in the reserves. Yet, thrashing after thrashing, Dhoni kept playing the same batsmen over and over again. So, what is the point of picking a squad of 15-16 members? According to Dhoni, reserves seem to be only for injury cover. I cannot imagine any other team or any other captain that would have played the same batters who were walking wickets throughout the tour and not even considered utilizing the reserve batsmen that were available. 

12 hours ago, Viper said:

Lets be totally honest.. If you are the captain do you really think he can go to someone like sachin or dravid and say YOU ARE OUT OF FORM I WANT YOU TO SIT OUT FOR SOME YOUNGSTER and how would people react ? 

Its easy for us to say here.. Won't be easy when you are the captain of the team and go against Seniors.. Saw how much shit he got just for saying we got few seniors in the team and they were bit slow in the field which is 100% truth LOL 

we all saw how sehwag went nuts for saying that.. 

There. That itself shows that as a captain, his priorities were not right. As a captain your single point focus has to be to win a game, not "What will people think?"  Steve Waugh didnt bat an eyelid before telling Shane Warne that he has been dropped for a Test Match. He still gets cr@p from Warne for that, but the fact is that Aus won that Test and Waugh still doesnt regret it. It was the right thing to do for the team. 

So, let's say Dravid and Sachin were "un-droppable". What about Sehwag, Gambhir, Laxman? They also all struggled. So, you are saying that all senior players should have confirmed guaranteed spots in the team and the captain should never drop any of them for poor performances?

Tour stats: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling_by_team.html?id=6636;team=6;type=series

Anyone who wants MSD to retire from LOIs are not true Indian fans. He is easily the next best batter after Kohli and one of the biggest matchwinner. And most importantly a selfless individual with a no nonsense attitude. As I said before we are lucky to have a wicketkeepr batsman like him. Once he goes...we will be back to Mongia/MSK Prasad/Saba Karim/Samir Dighe days. If anyone followed 90s cricket would know what I am talking about.

For a moment lets ignore his captaincy skills and brilliance behind the stumps.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Anyone who wants MSD to retire from LOIs are not true Indian fans. He is easily the next best batter after Kohli and one of the biggest matchwinner. And most importantly a selfless individual with a no nonsense attitude. As I said before we are lucky to have a wicketkeepr batsman like him. Once he goes...we will be back to Mongia/MSK Prasad/Saba Karim/Samir Dighe days. If anyone followed 90s cricket would know what I am talking about.

For a moment lets ignore his captaincy skills and brilliance behind the stumps.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

:hysterical:

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I am never able to understand this....with this kind of awesome hitting ability why does Dhoni have a SR of  only 121 after playing   68   T20Is  ?

Dhoni mastered the ODI game. Preserving your wicket, running hard and occasional boundaries.

He tries to play T20 like an ODI. But you don't have as many deliveries in a T20 game to play around with, especially at his batting position. You have to take risks and start hitting much earlier in your T20 innings.

Also, he struggles against international fast bowlers in the death overs as they have good yorkers generally. His hitting zone is straight, he can't ramp or play square on the off-side (the other scoring options on yorkers).

His SR is much better in IPL because many a times he faces Indian bowlers who miss their length often in the death overs.

2 minutes ago, philcric said:

Dhoni mastered the ODI game. Preserving your wicket, running hard and occasional boundaries.

He tries to play T20 like an ODI. But you don't have as many deliveries in a T20 game to play around with, especially at his batting position. You have to take risks and start hitting much earlier in your T20 innings.

Yes...Dhoni likes to get set and hit big only in the last couple of overs.  ODIs are more suited to his style of play ...but he has a SR of 139 in the IPL and 121 in T20Is.   Big difference. 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes...Dhoni likes to get set and hit big only in the last couple of overs.  ODIs are more suited to his style of play ...but he has a SR of 139 in the IPL and 121 in T20Is.   Big difference. 

5 minutes ago, philcric said:

Also, he struggles against international fast bowlers in the death overs as they have good yorkers generally. His hitting zone is straight, he can't ramp or play square on the off-side (the other scoring options on yorkers).

His SR is much better in IPL because many a times he faces Indian bowlers who miss their length often in the death overs.

11 minutes ago, philcric said:

He has hit international fast bowlers in the slog overs in ODIs quite often and hit them in the IPLs too.

I get the impression that he does not really like playing the T20Is.

Edited by express bowling