Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

see late bloomers are those who start first class cricket a bit late say at 23-24 like murli vijay, kedar  ... they had talent but developed late because started playing late

but if you are playing for 7-8 years and still avg like 38 ( take out panchal's 314* last innings ) then its not impressive

it doesn't mean he can't play for india no matter what but I will demand 2 back to back good seasons not just one from him, if he can do this he is really good 

moreover it will be grave injustice to take panchal before bawne, vihari, herwadker, iyer, mandeep, pandey, sheldon, etc

who are proving themselves every season

same mistake was done when we selected faiz fazal just on the backing of one good season

Totally agree with you on this.....but panchal is having overwhelming season....that means he might have some talent...

Batting averages doesn't give u the complete story always....

Having said this , we have seen lots of one season wonders....jiwanjyoth Singh, Robin bist, fazal etc

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, diga said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ranji-trophy-2016-17/content/story/1071369.html

Unsporting of Mah to disallow a replacement for Manish Pandey..Kar are playing with only 9 players,with Mithun injured and Manish Pandey joining the test squad

He claimed they had done it in the past also with M Vijay. I hope they lose the match and also don't qualify to the QFs.  Kar can bat deep and long.

http://www.bcci.tv/ranji-trophy-2016-17/match/114

Kar 167/3 (Mah all out 163 on I1 thanks to Lejhund 5/46!) 

Edited by coffee_rules

I would like to see Prashant Chopra from Himachal being groomed as the next opener along with Mukund and should get A tours. He has been coming of age this season, has scored 774 runs at 51 with an SR of 80. When this guy played in 2012 WC, I knew he has something about him. I had liked him more than Unmukt Chand. He is currently batting at 80 of 56 balls against Goa.

Edited by rkt.india
I would like to see Prashant Chopra from Himachal being groomed as the next opener along with Mukund and should get A tours. He has been coming of age this season, has scored 774 runs at 51 with an SR of 80. When this guy played in 2012 WC, I knew he has something about him. I had liked him more than Unmukt Chand. He is currently batting at 8 of 56 balls against Goa.

I had high hopes on him.....he played superbly.....he took a while to mature

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

he is still 24 years of age. It looks a while because we are used to play batsmen too early.

A late bloomer maybe. Surprising lack of decent openers around. Herwadkar has had an up-and-down season, but is promising too.

11 minutes ago, Vijy said:

A late bloomer maybe. Surprising lack of decent openers around. Herwadkar has had an up-and-down season, but is promising too.

Cant say late bloomer. He was very good in that U19 WC, scored two crucial 50s, though he would not have been there if not for last minute injury to Manan Vohra. He is from HP and plays a lot on seamer friendly tracks in north India in winters that does affect stats. This season he has played on neutral venues and difference showed. batting at 144 in 129 balls in this game with 6 sixes.

Edited by rkt.india
6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Cant say late bloomer. He was very good in that U19 WC, scored two crucial 50s, though he would not have been there if not for last minute injury to Manan Vohra. He is from HP and plays a lot on seamer friendly tracks in north India in winters that does affect stats. This season he has played on neutral venues and difference showed. batting at 144 in 129 balls in this game with 6 sixes.

Looking at his catches/match, hopefuly a good close-in field as well.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ranji-trophy-2016-17/content/story/1071369.html

Unsporting of Mah to disallow a replacement for Manish Pandey..Kar are playing with only 9 players,with Mithun injured and Manish Pandey joining the test squad

Absolutely pathetic of Maharashtra .Deserve to be points deducted for lack of sportsmanship.

Also this shouldn't have needed the opposition captain consent as it is a national call up .Dumb rule that from BCCI as well.

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

Absolutely pathetic of Maharashtra .Deserve to be points deducted for lack of sportsmanship.

Also this shouldn't have needed the opposition captain consent as it is a national call up .Dumb rule that from BCCI as well.

They have allowed the replacement but even Karnataka played a game. instead of replacing batsman for a batsman, they brought a bowler because Mithun got injured after bowling two balls. 

Edited by rkt.india