Terror attack at Army headquarters in Jammu and Kashmir's Uri, near Line of Control; intense firing underway

Malcolm Merlyn

Yes, simply because I trust Modi's political acumen. 

Also, like in 1971 when FM Manekshaw asked PM Gandhi for seven more preparatory months to settle East Pakistan in December, it might be the army itself that is advising against an immediate response. Considering the fact that the UNGA is in session, IA might just be biding its time. 

Indian Army is never involved in these decision makings on higher levels .

So it matters nothing really what Indian army advices but any response is solely decided by the civilian administration.

26 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

So it matters nothing really what Indian army advices but any response is solely decided by the civilian administration.

So then what is the COAS doing in the below pic?

a00da2c2f6805415022ce042ccea3fd9.jpg

Army and intelligence inputs are always taken into consideration.

1 hour ago, zen said:

Ind, on the other hand, can think that its nuke will also serve as a deterrent for Pak to not use nukes 

While the military operation can be done at an optimal time, I don't understand the delay in taking many of the other non-military initiatives

That is true. No country will be foolish enough to opt for Nuclear weapons even a crazy country like Pakistan, because once they press that button they may as well kiss goodbye to their own country.  

You must read Gen Manekshaw.At the ground it is alwAys the armys decision.

The polity learnt a lesson in 1962 when Nehru ordered the Army to capture Chinese held territory.The army was not ready and when we were under pressure Nehru refused the use of IAF.A lot of other decisions where politicians didnt listen to the armed forces.The henderson brooks report spelt these out.since then the advise of the COAS is of utmost importance.

You must read Gen Manekshaw.At the ground it is alwAys the armys decision.

The polity learnt a lesson in 1962 when Nehru ordered the Army to capture Chinese held territory.The army was not ready and when we were under pressure Nehru refused the use of IAF.A lot of other decisions where politicians didnt listen to the armed forces.The henderson brooks report spelt these out.since then the advise of the COAS is of utmost importance.

I was referring to the policy decision for the response (as I clearly mentioned)not about on the ground response .

4 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Whether we can go to war or not that will be decided by the army.Manekshaws very famous lines to IG is the proof of it.

Even before what Manekshaw said, we can look back at 65. LBS made the decision to take the attack into Pakistani territory only after Chaudhari assured him that it was viable. He also agreed to the ceasefire only after Chuadhari misled him about our lack of ammunition. 

Even before what Manekshaw said, we can look back at 65. LBS made the decision to take the attack into Pakistani territory only after Chaudhari assured him that it was viable. He also agreed to the ceasefire only after Chuadhari misled him about our lack of ammunition. 

Yes.That Chaudhuri blunder probably cost us Lahore.Massive blunder.

https://www.thequint.com/uri-attack/2016/09/21/uri-avenged-2-india-paras-special-forces-cross-loc-uri-sector-jammu-and-kashmir-pakistan-neutralise-20-terrorists

Total casualties, including those injured, could be as high as 200, sources said.

Military sources revealed to The Quint, which confirmed this information from two other independent sources, that the operation happened during the intervening hours of 20 September and 21 September.

Indications that the Indian Special Forces struck across LoC came in the form of Pakistan declaring a no-fly zone over PoK on 20 September night.

Pakistan’s national flag carrier Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) had cancelled flights to northern Pakistani cities, including to Gilgit and Skardu in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, due to “air space restrictions”.

Total casualties, including those injured, could be as high as 200, sources said.

Did anyone else see this? Not sure quint is reliable. 

Insightful Newshour Debate today. Retd Gen Bikram Singh was on it too .... IND military can be really dangerous if its hands are freed / left alone by the politicians and bureaucrats 

PS #TerrorStatePak

Edited by zen

10 hours ago, Tibarn said:

The fairytale rumour died as quickly as it spread .Why lie to own public ?? Social media warfare wont appease the public . 

Public pressure seems to be getting to Mr Modi.

Bollywood movie script being passed as news .

19 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Rumour?Died?LOL.

Lahori Logic much?

Are you saying it happened . 200 people injured , 20 dead . Do you know where i am from lol .

Forget me do you want me to link.you to indians who shot down the fairytale and infact made fun of it , including journalists .

3 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Rumour?Died?LOL.

Lahori Logic much?

I like how indians keep 'celebrating' NEWS which keeps coming from INDIAN sources ONLY :phehe:

chalo tomorrow u can also make couple of saif ali khan movies as well and whole nation can feel proud on indian 'performance'...