Terror attack at Army headquarters in Jammu and Kashmir's Uri, near Line of Control; intense firing underway

Malcolm Merlyn

3 hours ago, the don said:

Are you saying it happened . 200 people injured , 20 dead . Do you know where i am from lol .

Forget me do you want me to link.you to indians who shot down the fairytale and infact made fun of it , including journalists .

The why cowards cancelled all PIA commercial flights? 

More of these attacks will be on the way

5 hours ago, the don said:

The fairytale rumour died as quickly as it spread .Why lie to own public ?? Social media warfare wont appease the public . 

Public pressure seems to be getting to Mr Modi.

Bollywood movie script being passed as news .

Not sure. The Quint has reconfirmed their story after getting criticism. They are standing by it. They are putting the reputation of their organization on the line. If it turns out false, they will lose credibility and turn out like NDTV. Other journalists aren't really a barometer through which to gauge the legitimacy of the report, as they could just be rubbishing a competitor. The army doesn't like to leak these types of stories to the media, so they likely wouldn't be able to confirm it whether it happened or not.  

Also News18 is saying the PM is personally monitoring LOC operations since yesterday night. The LOC may be active right now. Over the last few days there have been some 12 infiltration bids. 

I doubt the PM would pass rumors to The Quint. Looking at its reporting history, it's hardly a BJP sympathetic source. If he wanted to rumor monger, the news would be in a channel like NDTV, as Jaitley is in charge of media communications and he has a great rapport with the English news channels. 

Pakistan has also put many airspace restrictions in northern areas, such as POK, whether that is precautionary or in response to operations at the LOC is down to speculation.  

What's funny is that even if this didn't happen, the rumors were enough to send Pakistan's stock market tumbling downward. :phehe: Gandhi would be proud, damaging the enemy without firing a single bullet. 

I agree with you though, the public won't be satisfied even if this was true. They want real, visible action. 

For some reason, I wanted war initially, but I am liking the Government's approach. It is critical to expose the hypocrisy the Pak government is presenting in the UNGA while it continues to export terrorism to its neighbors. 

Garner enough support so that Pak is isolated is a very good approach to this menace. Heard Pak is ready for a conflict at the LoC. Should never give these Pak guys the happiness that they provoked us to a conflict. Good going by the GOI.

On 9/21/2016 at 2:32 PM, Asim said:

sorry but what a moronic reasoning u provided...

dont even want to waste words in a response... but man u talking about Ur media being ur weekly source of info about LoC, ISI/Pak Army? and complaining Pak media wont show that... Imean seriously? WTH... man what else would you or even we for that matter, would expect from YOUR media...

what if I ask would do you completely believe in whatever our media reports about Raw, about indian involvment in our war against terror, raw involvement in Baluchistan yes even the pro-indian media, spies getting caught red-handed... would your media show all this about indian state involvement/raw? You know ur ans right? SAME ans would be from our side if you want us to believe in Ur media as source over all these issues...

Grow up man and get real...

i think you are genuinely pissed off :giggle:

ok.. i agree that we blame pakistan for everything and our media exaggerate a  bit .. but your country dont do anything to clear its reputation

think it in our perspective..

many of our known terrorists are hosted by pakistan .. dawood and hafiz

mumbai attack guys were from pakistan ( kasab and other 9 or 10 ) and even your government agreed that they are pakistanis

musharaff himself agreed that army waged a  proxy war against us in kashmir ( he confessed it in our media )

so you cant blame us for pointing pak for all the terrorist activities .. cos most of the time it starts from your soil ( whether isi/army is behind or not or can prevent it or not is another debate )

our media is more liberal and has more freedom to report..

if pakisan PM nawaz sherif was not aware the kargil preparations by your army , then imagine what sort of info is fed to general public?  

5 hours ago, chewy said:

The why cowards cancelled all PIA commercial flights? 

More of these attacks will be on the way

That was due to PAF excercises ..

I am well aware of the are you are talking about .

Nothing of the sort happened .you wpuld know if it did .

Pakistani media would have been the first to expose it 

3 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Not sure. The Quint has reconfirmed their story after getting criticism. They are standing by it. They are putting the reputation of their organization on the line. If it turns out false, they will lose credibility and turn out like NDTV. Other journalists aren't really a barometer through which to gauge the legitimacy of the report, as they could just be rubbishing a competitor. The army doesn't like to leak these types of stories to the media, so they likely wouldn't be able to confirm it whether it happened or not.  

Also News18 is saying the PM is personally monitoring LOC operations since yesterday night. The LOC may be active right now. Over the last few days there have been some 12 infiltration bids. 

I doubt the PM would pass rumors to The Quint. Looking at its reporting history, it's hardly a BJP sympathetic source. If he wanted to rumor monger, the news would be in a channel like NDTV, as Jaitley is in charge of media communications and he has a great rapport with the English news channels. 

Pakistan has also put many airspace restrictions in northern areas, such as POK, whether that is precautionary or in response to operations at the LOC is down to speculation.  

What's funny is that even if this didn't happen, the rumors were enough to send Pakistan's stock market tumbling downward. :phehe: Gandhi would be proud, damaging the enemy without firing a single bullet. 

I agree with you though, the public won't be satisfied even if this was true. They want real, visible action. 

Bhai it didnt happen .

You would know if and when it does :). 

I was just pointing out the use of such propaganda at such times .pointless really.

The difference is,

• we have caught terrorist live in action (Many)
  • We have gathered all the gears used in the act
  • we have weapons to prove were used to attack within our borders
  • we have call records pointing to Pak
  • We have shown funds tracing to Pak through other countries
  • list goes on...

What have pak shown so far? Some poor Yadav guy picked up from god knows where?

22 minutes ago, the don said:

That was due to PAF excercises ..

I am well aware of the are you are talking about .

Nothing of the sort happened .you wpuld know if it did .

Pakistani media would have been the first to expose it 

U r trying too hard, PAF exercises so cancel commercial flights lol, 

why u getting jelly? Indian special forces slaughtered 20 odd Pakistani terror agents

live with it

and Pak army going to let Pak media into PoK and let it all be exposed that Pakistan were helpless against Indian forces, i don't know if u r naive or upset that Indian forces walked into PoK and took out a bunch of terrorists and walked out

14 hours ago, chewy said:

why u getting jelly? Indian special forces slaughtered 20 odd Pakistani terror agents

live with it

and Pak army going to let Pak media into PoK and let it all be exposed that Pakistan were helpless against Indian forces, i don't know if u r naive or upset that Indian forces walked into PoK and took out a bunch of terrorists and walked out

but this article saying something else. 

As the Modi government found itself falling under the weight of its own promises of giving it back to Pakistan in the same coin, a Whatsapp forward started doing the rounds since early morning yesterday. Indian special forces, it claimed, had crossed the Line of Control in Uri and killed 20 Pakistani terrorists.

Journalists who received the Whatsapp forward called up the Indian Army spokesperson, who denied it. But even if it was a covert operation the Army can't own up to, Pakistan wouldn't stay silent over it. It is logical that Pakistan would make a lot of noise, protest across the world, say India was provoking a war, and yes, retaliate. That is how it has been in the past.

The Whatsapp forward was obvious disinformation campaign to assuage Indian public outrage that has been demanding exactly such a response. While the defence experts told us that such a response could escalate, it seems it hasn't elicited so much as a whimper from Pakistan. Obviously, the story is fake.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2016/09/22/in-war-season-beware-of-disinformation-campaigns/

Edited by Deucalion

4 hours ago, chewy said:

live with it

Lol.

Seems legit .

1 hour ago, Deucalion said:

Huffingtonpost is not news media,it is a news-blog site. 

In anycase, India will not officially confirm special ops in Pakistan anyways- especially when the UN is in session. We declared special ops in Myanmar because Myanmar govt. were in consent of us doing the special ops. In hostile country special ops, unless you are USA/Russia/China, nobody else confirms it anyways.

10 minutes ago, Deucalion said:

what kind of various sources ? also do you have any neutral source about it ? can you please share the links of various sources ?

What neutral sources?Indian govt isnt going to confirm this because of various reasons but has leaked it to the media to let know people that what has been done.And sources include people who are known to have knowledge of the workings of South Block.

12 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

In anycase, India will not officially confirm special ops in Pakistan anyways- especially when the UN is in session. We declared special ops in Myanmar because Myanmar govt. were in consent of us doing the special ops. In hostile country special ops, unless you are USA/Russia/China, nobody else confirms it anyways.

US and Russia.Thats all.China doesnt do it.

10 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

10 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

What neutral sources?Indian govt isnt going to confirm this because of various reasons but has leaked it to the media to let know people that what has been done.And sources include people who are known to have knowledge of the workings of South Block.

sorry but what kind of joke is this ? LOC is heavily guarded and armed from both sides, and especially after uri incident. it cant possible to cross LOC to do some ops in AJK and with 20 casualties + 200 injuries, and with UNMOGIP observers in pakistan. the world media have the focus on LOC because of rising tension in betwen two countries. such kind of Attack cant be hide. even the OBL raid had much noise then this Invisible op. 

Edited by Deucalion

8 minutes ago, Deucalion said:

sorry but what kind of joke is this ? LOC is heavily guarded and armed from both sides, and especially after uri incident. it cant possible to cross LOC to do some ops in AJK and with 20 casualties + 200 injuries, and with UNMOGIP observers in pakistan. the world media have the focus on LOC because of rising tention in betwen two countries. such kind of Attack cant be hide. even the OBL raid had much noise then this Invisible op. 

If you can sneak in a bunch of high school drop outs h across the LoC, armed with grenades, RPGs and guns, I don't see why top of the chart special forces personnel wouldn't be able to do it.