Arjun Tendulkar progress tracking thread

maniac

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Arjun seems to be gaining pace. Is doing well in these games in England.

Dont be fooled by these deliveries on a spicy pitch in england.. He is still 128-133 types bowler, even unadkat can get this type of bounce if the effort is put in, even then unadkat stays in 135 range, so let's not get overboard with his pace, dont think it has improved drastically, may improve though, but still looks the same to me..

1 hour ago, nsareen said:

Dont be fooled by these deliveries on a spicy pitch in england.. He is still 128-133 types bowler, even unadkat can get this type of bounce if the effort is put in, even then unadkat stays in 135 range, so let's not get overboard with his pace, dont think it has improved drastically, may improve though, but still looks the same to me..

135 isn't bad for a 19 year old. And this isn't a spicy pitch. Looks pretty slow.

59 minutes ago, rkt.india said:
135 isn't bad for a 19 year old. And this isn't a spicy pitch. Looks pretty slow.

How can you judge slowness in a single ball? I was referring to in general pitches in the domestic circuit in England, not too many slow pitches isn’t.

135 is a one off for him not an average, good for 19 year old, but how many have gone on to become 145+ from 130, hardly any Indian who comes to my mind? I just don’t see him having more speed, he focuses on swing than speed, all his peers in U19 were quicker than him in 2018 series like yatin, Mohit etc.

Off topic, Is there a rudimentary way of calculating speed by looking at the video itself ?
Any basic formula : such as pitch is roughly 2012 cm ( 22 yards ). If the bowler bowls & the ball reaches the batsmen @ 0.5 seconds it is 90 mph, if it reaches in 0.6 seconds it is 75mph etc. has anyone successfully done any analysis on this ? Moreover the return crease is 122 cms roughly, then if the bowler delivers from the return crease & the batsmen stands on the return crease you can subtract 244 cms from 2012 which is rougly 1768 cms. Is the ball measured for a distance of 1768 cms ? if yes, then 0.439 secs will take the ball at around 90mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by nsareen
36 minutes ago, nsareen said:

How can you judge slowness in a single ball? I was referring to in general pitches in the domestic circuit in England, not too many slow pitches isn’t.

135 is a one off for him not an average, good for 19 year old, but how many have gone on to become 145+ from 130, hardly any Indian who comes to my mind? I just don’t see him having more speed, he focuses on swing than speed, all his peers in U19 were quicker than him in 2018 series like yatin, Mohit etc.

Off topic, Is there a rudimentary way of calculating speed by looking at the video itself ?
Any basic formula : such as pitch is roughly 2012 cm ( 22 yards ). If the bowler bowls & the ball reaches the batsmen @ 0.5 seconds it is 90 mph, if it reaches in 0.6 seconds it is 75mph etc. has anyone successfully done any analysis on this ? Moreover the return crease is 122 cms roughly, then if the bowler delivers from the return crease & the batsmen stands on the return crease you can subtract 244 cms from 2012 which is rougly 1768 cms. Is the ball measured for a distance of 1768 cms ? if yes, then 0.439 secs will take the ball at around 90mph.

There were other deliveries as well which I saw. Avesh and Khaleel were 135k bowlers, have bowled 145 plus. And no, Mohit Jangra was not quicker than him. Mangwani maybe but we can't compare bowlers. Some are late bloomers like Arjun who took up bowling quite late. He developed late. 130 he was clocked at 17 in England. He has certainly quicken up now. Go to his Instagram story feed. Check the videos.

Calculating speed that way doesn't seem right because ball loses pace by the time it reachrsy batsman. A 140k delivery usually reached at 110 kph at the batsman end.

Edited by rkt.india
There were other deliveries as well which I saw. Avesh and Khaleel were 135k bowlers, have bowled 145 plus. And no, Mohit Jangra was not quicker than him. Mangwani maybe but we can't compare bowlers. Some are late bloomers like Arjun who took up bowling quite late. He developed late. 130 he was clocked at 17 in England. He has certainly quicken up now. Go to his Instagram story feed. Check the videos.

Calculating speed that way doesn't seem right because ball loses pace by the time it reachrsy batsman. A 140k delivery usually reached at 110 kph at the batsman end.

Well no point debating, time will tell, my gut feeling he isn’t going to be an out an out fast bowler, at best decent swing bowler who at his peak might be able to touch 140 that’s a big if though.

Khaleel has many threads on him of how he has trundled so more than 145 he is a 135k even now, a big effort might take him to 140 but that’s short lived. I feel we all get excited with wrong speed guns & make bold predictions which fall flat on the face later.. Avdesh khaleel are not fast, they fall in the swing/ seam bowlers category, who out of these you feel bowl like a ferguson, wood, archer ? Plain Nobody!! They don’t have enough effort coming through like the tear away bowlers..

It would be nice if at the 2023 WC Arjun is playing for India and his father is coaching us to a home WC victory.

Would that make Tendulkar Senior (Sachin) the first cricketer to win the WC as a player and a coach?

The final should be at the Wankhede.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

It would be nice if at the 2023 WC Arjun is playing for India and his father is coaching us to a home WC victory.

Would that make Tendulkar Senior (Sachin) the first cricketer to win the WC as a player and a coach?

Two guys  have won the worldcup as a player and as a coach.. Goeff Marsh, Darren Lehman..

Edited by Vk1
10 hours ago, Mariyam said:

He's a grade a choker. He could not lead or coach. You're living in lala land

23 hours ago, nsareen said:

Well no point debating, time will tell, my gut feeling he isn’t going to be an out an out fast bowler, at best decent swing bowler who at his peak might be able to touch 140 that’s a big if though.

Khaleel has many threads on him of how he has trundled so more than 145 he is a 135k even now, a big effort might take him to 140 but that’s short lived. I feel we all get excited with wrong speed guns & make bold predictions which fall flat on the face later.. Avdesh khaleel are not fast, they fall in the swing/ seam bowlers category, who out of these you feel bowl like a ferguson, wood, archer ? Plain Nobody!! They don’t have enough effort coming through like the tear away bowlers..

Your expectations are too high. Not even Starc was hitting 145 consistently at the age of 21-22. A bowler's peak pace comes after 25 years of age. bumrah at 19 was bowling at 135-138 range.

6 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Didn’t Sachin originally plan to be a fast bowler and he was told he couldn’t be due to his height, which is why he took up batting? If so than its cool seeing his son do what he couldn’t do. I guess India will get a fast bowling Tendulkar after all.

I guess so. Also his grandmother is English. So that really helps :winky: Maybe an Anderson in the making

Your expectations are too high. Not even Starc was hitting 145 consistently at the age of 21-22. A bowler's peak pace comes after 25 years of age. bumrah at 19 was bowling at 135-138 range.

Well you know a tear away bowler when you see them, be it at 19 or 25. What you are confusing is the physical growth of foreign bowlers vs Indian bowlers, I can bet the way Indian bowlers mature is very different from foreign bowlers.

1 hour ago, nsareen said:

Well you know a tear away bowler when you see them, be it at 19 or 25. What you are confusing is the physical growth of foreign bowlers vs Indian bowlers, I can bet the way Indian bowlers mature is very different from foreign bowlers.

I am not comparing to foreign bowlers.  I compared to Bumrah who at 19 was bowling 135.  Khaleel was bowling 135 at 19, now has hit 140 plus at 21.  Avesh had hit 139 at 19, now has hit 149 at 21. 149 at 21 was his peak pace and he may not hit that regularly at this point, but he may do that more often 4-5 years down the line.  Only express pacer for their age we have are Mavi and Nagarkoti who both hit 149 at the age of 19 that is express for their age.