CPEC has ZERO economic viability, its a massive cost. Is the purpose something else?

narenpande1

9 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

It doesn't work that way. When someone occupies a property illegally and then hires a contractor to develop it, the city goes after the illegal occupant, not the contractor. The contractor assumes the risk of being stopped/barred from recouperating costs of developing an illegal property. However the case is against the illegal occupant.

Thats pretty rudimentary principle of natural justice, much above common pakistani grasp.

11 hours ago, Finer said:

Your money are being spent to support the economy of China. You guys are losing your own economy. When you guys buy Chinese goods, your local industry suffers since your local industry is the cornerstone of your economy.

Literally, India money is being spent for the support of economy elsewhere but its own.

You cannot claim to be rich when your economy is taking beating by China on huge margin. It is economic 101. :--D

I think this needs to be banned its pakistani intelectual master piece for Indian intellect its plain lkg level troling.

17 hours ago, Finer said:

You cannot claim to be rich when your economy is taking beating by China on huge margin. It is economic 101.

This is more accurately Economics -101, as in anyone who reads that loses brain cells and understands economics less. 

On 12/24/2016 at 5:02 AM, Finer said:

I am not going to post evidence since you guys are regular members  of Pakistan defense forum and google is your best friend.

That being said since i am already assumed as liar, then why expect evidence from the liar since you guys are not gonna believe me anyways. :--D

this has to be post of the week....

@finer and other pakistanis

I think you need to look at the interest your paying on these deals. Look at say the bullet train being a'bad and mumbai. Will cost 20 billion USD but Japan has given us an incredibly soft loan of 0.1% to be paid over a 30-40 years horizon

I compare that to the CPEC deals and the interest rates are high

I doubt it. Its just propaganda.

Look a lot depends on china to be honest. Pakistan has a high probability of defaulting on these loans cause they just dont have the tax base.

Now if Pakistan expands it's tax base then there is a good chance that they can afford of loans. 1% of Indians pay direct taxes. 0.2% pakistanis pay direct taxes. So both countries to be fair cannot borrow at the rates which China is lending

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

I think we want everyone in the region to join CPEC not just India..... :thinking:

Lol. Pakistan and progressive thinking are quite opposite polar ends. If you really would have you would have asked India longtime ago and we wouldn't have cross border terrorism.

Edited by gattaca

6 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I doubt it. Its just propaganda.

Look a lot depends on china to be honest. Pakistan has a high probability of defaulting on these loans cause they just dont have the tax base.

Now if Pakistan expands it's tax base then there is a good chance that they can afford of loans. 1% of Indians pay direct taxes. 0.2% pakistanis pay direct taxes. So both countries to be fair cannot borrow at the rates which China is lending

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Has Pakistan ever paid back its foreign loans? I've heard most of their money goes into debt financing. China is using Pakistan's desperation for its own gain.

Edited by jalebi_bhai

56 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Has Pakistan ever paid back its foreign loans? I've heard most of their money goes into debt financing. China is using Pakistan's desperation for its own gain.

IMF ones yes....

Remittances....textile exports and agri exports....its what drives the pakistan economy atm. While they are a receiptant of 3-4 billion in direct and indirect aid, they are really not that dependent on aid as many Indian commentators make them out to be. 

The problem for pakistan is textile/apparel exports as a sector is under severe pressure due to foreign competition from places like Vietnam and Bangladesh. Its not practical to tax the sector which is reeling and a mass employer.  So realistically you are left with remittances. I think increased remittances have been a success story for Pakistan in the last 5-6 years.  But they need to make some hard calls and tax said remittances a bit more to raise revenues for the government. Already the government budget deficit is more than 4% of GDP.

To certain extent India is in the same boat as Pak. But we have made some tough calls in terms of the GST and improving our taxation system. to improve revenues. 

Coming back to CPEC, i think at its core it makes sense. Develop a very good port (build a city around the port) and have a good road network to connect it through to China. I think thats a good idea. But the extensions of the industrial corridor is where I think the Pakistani state may struggle to pay.

Instead of spending all that money on Islamabad (pak moved capital there in aftermath of wars) maybe Gwadar should have been a 2-3 million city by now. Not the best strategic thinking. Could have been a very good earner for Pakistan located right next to the middle east with big refining capacity. 

5 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

I think we want everyone in the region to join CPEC not just India..... :thinking:

Lol! Chinese said they are waiting for Indian response on CPEC. So, what Chinese are hinting to India is they can get Pakistan tow anyline. 

But offcourse, Unlike Sartaz Aziz Pakistan, Indian foreign office is more matured as IMO China should come with a direct offer instead via Pakistan.

Edited by mishra

On 12/23/2016 at 9:02 PM, Finer said:

I am not going to post evidence since you guys are regular members  of Pakistan defense forum and google is your best friend.

That being said since i am already assumed as liar, then why expect evidence from the liar since you guys are not gonna believe me anyways. :--D

You are not going to post evidence because you don't have evidence. Evidence isn't about belief. I can think you are a liar and still consider something you said to be true if it is factually provable. If a liar says 'the earth revolves around the sun', people don't go 'he is lying about that too'.

But then again, logic isn't your best quality.

13 hours ago, mishra said:

Lol! Chinese said they are waiting for Indian response on CPEC. So, what Chinese are hinting to India is they can get Pakistan tow anyline. 

But offcourse, Unlike Sartaz Aziz Pakistan, Indian foreign office is more matured as IMO China should come with a direct offer instead via Pakistan.

i think pakistan always said from the start that its beneficial for entire region including India.... :thinking:

1 hour ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

i think pakistan always said from the start that its beneficial for entire region including India.... :thinking:

How? I think most pakistanis are too naive and have no clue India is only country which hasnt recognised ine China policy and has more border issue with china then Tauwan. China created CPEC just an answer to Aruanchal Prades. Do some google.

China would have  acted like total bully had it not recognised there is UN which used to understand

them  guys in terms of noodles (Trump and west)

Edited by mishra