Is Mamta Banerjee's West Bengal becoming a mini Pakistan?

Austin 3:!6

9 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Mate, you do realize that Durga Puja in Bengal + Bengali community > Durga puja in rest of India combined, for the amount of money, # of idols, etc etc ? 

Durga Puja  is *THE* puja of Bongs,Orya and Assamiya. Just like you guys go ape-$hit over janmastami and in our part of India it is a token celebration, so too is durga puja/navratri outside of eastern India. 

There is no direct clash between devi-ma versus the purushottama angles of Hinduism, which is why it works. But it is categorically IGNORANT to say that devi-maa following outside of eastern India is significantly large ( except for tokenism), just like how Shaivism is a tokenism in the east. 
This is also not 'Bongs vs rest of India' question,since its also the Assamese and the Oryas who are equally entrenched in the Devi maa culture. Heck, Assamiyas have a temple that'd make the ultra-feminists cream their panties ( Kamakhya), where the period is celebrated with great aplomb. 

Janmashtmi has no relevance in my culture. Navratri is the biggest festival for us.

West Bengal now has the highest incidence of girls aged between 15 and 19 years being married off, far ahead of states such as Rajasthan that one traditionally associated with child brides.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/1-out-of-10-girls-still-ends-up-as-a-child-bride-in-india/articleshow/67899544.cms

So much for worshipping Durga and Kali...

Lot of Muslim migrants to Bengal end up as bar dancers in other parts of India in ladies bars. Nit educated enough to secure good jobs so they end up as dancers. The most famous being the one whom Muralitharan was in news. There is a massive majority of those in ladies bars. No secret what happens when they opt for that profession. Bengal must stop being an entry to these migrants. 

2 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Look at these phattus ,refusing to comment lol

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Don't blame them. It is a mass surveillance state there, anybody not toeing TMC line is marked. Why expose yourself in camera when TMC goons can track you down, rape the women in your family, burn your house and hack some of the family members to death? Majority there live in fear but the Stockholm syndrome is strong. Hell if I were based in Bengal right now, I would be more careful with my social media comments. Members associated with opposition parties have to pay a tax/penalty like jizya to the TMC syndicate to stay alive.

TMC goons rape, murder CPM worker's wife

In a blood-curdling incident of rape and murder a woman was gang-raped by 12 men, paraded naked in an entire village before being brutally beaten up, murdered and hanged from the ceiling of her house by Trinamool Congress miscreants. Her fault: she failed to pay up Rs 12 lakh that was demanded from her as a penalty for being the wife of a CPI(M) worker.

LINK

Heck they clamp down on dissent from within party line (LINK).

Bengal TMC Woman Party Worker Paraded With Shoe Garland For Protesting Booth Capturing By TMC Workers

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Don't blame them. It is a mass surveillance state there, anybody not toeing TMC line is marked. Why expose yourself in camera when TMC goons can track you down, rape the women in your family, burn your house and hack some of the family members to death? Majority there live in fear but the Stockholm syndrome is strong. Hell if I were based in Bengal right now, I would be more careful with my social media comments. Members associated with opposition parties have to pay a tax/penalty like jizya to the TMC syndicate to stay alive.

LINK

Bengal TMC Woman Party Worker Paraded With Shoe Garland For Protesting Booth Capturing By TMC Workers

Hmm..first you mention "Kolkata is India's greatest city, rumours of her death are vastly exaggerated. " in the other unpopular  thread and then you highlight  this dire situation above 

2 minutes ago, PBN said:

Hmm..first you mention "Kolkata is India's greatest city, rumours of her death are vastly exaggerated. " in the other unpopular  thread and then you highlight  this dire situation above 

For me Kolkata is still the greatest city despite TMC/Left. These events are outside Kolkata, in rural areas (TMC stronghold) and certain districts with demographic problem. It may turn for the worse later on but for the moment Kolkata is better off. All cities in India have their dark underbelly, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad etc and Kolkata too has a few dangerous areas. 

1 hour ago, diga said:

Bengal is a lost cause.. hope we don't see the same in Kerala & TN

Thank god those 2 states don't have Bangladesh/Pakistan as a neighbor. Otherwise they aren't really any better than Bengalis. Tamils seem **** scared of the 6% Muslims in the state, imagine 30% Muslim population there!!! From minority appeasement they will go straight to minority worship LOL. 

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

For me Kolkata is still the greatest city despite TMC/Left. These events are outside Kolkata, in rural areas (TMC stronghold) and certain districts with demographic problem. It may turn for the worse later on but for the moment Kolkata is better off. All cities in India have their dark underbelly, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad etc and Kolkata too has a few dangerous areas. 

The video is from Kolkata and you mentioned that they're afraid of TMC, surveillance state, getting marked, raped, have to pay jizya to stay alive, etc.. If that's the hallmark of the greatest city in India, then ...... :dontknow:

Don't blame them. It is a mass surveillance state there, anybody not toeing TMC line is marked. Why expose yourself in camera when TMC goons can track you down, rape the women in your family, burn your house and hack some of the family members to death? Majority there live in fear but the Stockholm syndrome is strong. Hell if I were based in Bengal right now, I would be more careful with my social media comments. Members associated with opposition parties have to pay a tax/penalty like jizya to the TMC syndicate to stay alive.

Edited by PBN

4 minutes ago, PBN said:

The video is from Kolkata and you mentioned that they're afraid of TMC, surveillance state, getting marked, raped, have to pay jizya to stay alive, etc.. If that's the hallmark of the greatest city in India, then ...... :dontknow:

The links that I shared are from other places. Why you getting triggered? Because I didn't name a Chandigarh or Amritsar as the greatest Indian city? 

41 minutes ago, Gollum said:

The links that I shared are from other places. Why you getting triggered? Because I didn't name a Chandigarh or Amritsar as the greatest Indian city? 

haha looks like you got triggered again. relax.. your posts are contradictory. :dontknow:  Was looking at your rationale but you are just contradicting yourself and going in circles.  I didn't even oppose lol...you're the one highlighting the problems. Re read your own posts again:

1. "Kolkata is India's greatest city, rumours of her death are vastly exaggerated."

2. Video showing people not commenting in Kolkata and poster called them 'fattu'

3. Your reply to the video SHOT IN KOLKATA:

LINK

4.  your reply again: 

For me Kolkata is still the greatest city despite TMC/Left. These events are outside Kolkata, in rural areas (TMC stronghold) and certain districts with demographic problem. It may turn for the worse later on but for the moment Kolkata is better off

5. Don't forget video was shot in Kolkata

Edited by PBN

Just now, PBN said:

haha looks like you got triggered again. relax.. your posts are contradictory. :dontknow:  Was looking at your rationale but you are just contradicting yourself and going in circles.  I didn't even oppose lol...you're the one highlighting the problems. Re read your own posts again:

1. Kolkata is India's greatest city, rumours of her death are vastly exaggerated.

2. Video showing people not commenting in Kolkata and poster called them 'fattu'

3. Your reply to the video SHOT IN KOLKATA:

LINK

4.  your reply again: 

For me Kolkata is still the greatest city despite TMC/Left. These events are outside Kolkata, in rural areas (TMC stronghold) and certain districts with demographic problem. It may turn for the worse later on but for the moment Kolkata is better off

India has been ruled by tyrants, by inept corrupt crooks post 1947, govts have declared war upon their people and supported the nation's enemies, poor were killed by famines as the higher powers sat and watched, tribals had their lands snatched away in a jiffy. Did it stop India from being great in the eyes of her people? Fight the govt, hate the politics, pity the civilians....but country/city doesn't deserve the ire. 

27 minutes ago, Gollum said:

India has been ruled by tyrants, by inept corrupt crooks post 1947, govts have declared war upon their people and supported the nation's enemies, poor were killed by famines as the higher powers sat and watched, tribals had their lands snatched away in a jiffy. Did it stop India from being great in the eyes of her people? Fight the govt, hate the politics, pity the civilians....but country/city doesn't deserve the ire. 

difference between great vs greatest.  

If the greatest in India has the following to offer, then the situation is dire in your own words

Gollum:

It is a mass surveillance state there, anybody not toeing TMC line is marked. Why expose yourself in camera when TMC goons can track you down, rape the women in your family, burn your house and hack some of the family members to death? Majority there live in fear but the Stockholm syndrome is strong. Hell if I were based in Bengal right now, I would be more careful with my social media comments. Members associated with opposition parties have to pay a tax/penalty like jizya to the TMC syndicate to stay alive.

I can see you clearly  have a great emotional attachment to  'greatest city in India, Kolkata'...so let's leave it at that and not cause further emotional scars. cheers

7 minutes ago, PBN said:

difference between great vs greatest.  

I can see you clearly  have a great emotional attachment to  'greatest city in India, Kolkata'...so let's leave it at that and not cause further emotional scars. cheers

Well I can have my individual opinion about what the greatest city is, based on my experiences in the Indian cities I have lived in and traveled to. Besides that thread was just a light-hearted opinion seeking one, not an academic study to analyze, compare and develop an algorithm to rate personal opinions and the modus operandi behind arriving at them. If you have an opinion based on your life experiences, no need to explain or justify it to others.

Edited by Gollum

On 2/4/2019 at 2:57 AM, Gollum said:

@Stradlater @Turning_track Mamata replaced the word 'Ram' from Bengali textbooks to preserve secularism (her minster's words). BTW that minister is a Jamaati mullah, supporter of razakars who led mega rallies in Brigade Parade Ground against Sheikh Hasina and Awami League during the 1971 war crime trials. Put it this way, a fundamentalist like him will be in prison under the current BD govt, he openly supported/supports W.Pak backed mass murderers/war criminals like Sayeedi and Nizami . Anyway coming back to topic, she has replaced 'ram' with 'rong'. For example rainbow in Bengali was 'ramdhonu'/Ram's bow, now it has been made 'rongdhonu'. Rongdhonu doesn't have any backing in Bengali dictionary, she is trying to change the language to appease the Muslims. Similarly an attempt to Urdu-ize many Bengali words. 

LINK1

LINK2

BENGAL.jpg.5867067c5b12047705d557071bee406a.jpg

VIDEO

The above pic is the 7th standard environment book, Bengal state board. Chapter is about VIBGYOR (Barnali in Bengali). See the words marked with red rectangles. Sky blue clour (Akashi) is now the Urdu-ized Asmani. The other 2 are Rongdhonu replacing Ramdhonu which is bizarre. Imagine an equivalent scenario where vishram in Hindi is replaced with something else because it has the word 'ram' in it...to preserve India's secular fabric. Pagal bana ke rakhenge yeh log hume. 

@Jimmy Cliff you were asking about Bengal. Have written many posts about the state but check this one out to see how grim the situation is. 

12 minutes ago, Captain said:

Bengal is a lost cause. I only hope that the rest of the country wakes up after the horrors that are going to happen in Bengal over the next couple of decades.

Indians are so weak. Rather than fight up-hill battle to save their people and their lands, they like to declare 'lost cause' and retreat and re-draw the perimeter where they have majority. Sad. 

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Indians are so weak. Rather than fight up-hill battle to save their people and their lands, they like to declare 'lost cause' and retreat and re-draw the perimeter where they have majority. Sad. 

Weak? That's a first. All my life, all i've heard is that i'm way too angry and way too aggressive. My religious family even used to tell me to pray to god to reduce my aggression.

Anyway, have you ever been to Bengal? The idiots in that state can't even identify an existential threat that's growing among them. Too many spineless liberal Hindus who believe that the Muslims will be as inclusive as them. The Islamic population is about 30% there i believe. You need to acknowledge that there's a threat first to fight it. The Bengalis haven't even acknowledged it till now at least in large scale.

Arriving at a logical conclusion after seeing the facts doesn't make one weak.