Tendulkar v Kohli v Dhoni: Who is the greatest Indian ODI Batsman?

Tendulkar v Kohli v Dhoni:Who is the greatest India LOI Batsman?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Tendulkar v Kohli v Dhoni:Who is the greatest India LOI Batsman?

5 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

So not getting out is now a weakness?

How does bringing Viiv in prove Sachin's greatness?No one here is denying his greatness.Point is who is better?

The only blemish in Kohli's career is a big WC.That done and Kohli will likely be the best ever ODI batsman.

Dhoni is arguably the best finisher ever.

Do I have to explain everything to you? In limited overs it is easier to stay not out because one has to bat only 10-15 overs as a finisher, staying not out is more difficult in test cricket and there it is more valuable, the no. of centuries scored by bevan itself shows he didn't have enough time on the crease, only an idiot would compare a top order batsman with a finisher, dhoni shouldn't even be in this debate, he has a different role compared to kohli/ sachin, Sachin is the greatest odi batsman of all time with only viv being a slight competition, kohli still has a long long way to go.

Edited by kira

Forget Sachin or  Richards...Kohli is the greatest 2nd innings ODI batsman of all time period.

But if you take Worldcup performances,1st innings,quality of attacks etc etc ...still SRT is far ahead...the guy was the highest run getter or one of the highest run getters in every World cup he played except 1992 maybe.

People talking about stats and how top order batsmen are better and how Sachin was ahead of his peers.This is stats for batsmen when only batten in top 5 (so Sachin's earlier years at no.6 is omitted )

Screenshot_20170119-221253.png

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?batting_positionmax1=5;batting_positionval1=batting_position;class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;qualmin1=2000;qualval1=runs;template=results;type=batting

People talking about stats and how top order batsmen are better and how Sachin was ahead of his peers.This is stats for batsmen when only batten in top 5 (so Sachin's earlier years at no.6 is omitted )

Screenshot_20170119-221253.png

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?batting_positionmax1=5;batting_positionval1=batting_position;class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;qualmin1=2000;qualval1=runs;template=results;type=batting

U sure?It looks like Sachins career stats.

5 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

U sure?It looks like Sachins career stats.

Thats because Sachin never batted at 6-7 much despite such claim earlier in this thread lol.Earlier in his career he batted at 5 .

Thats the stats for every batsman's record batting in top 5 ,accurately including Sachin.

Edited by BeautifulGame
1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

May be check the stats of Sachin in top 5.

Top order is top 3, good try including 4-5 to make dhoni look good and good job ignoring so many other variables like sample size of sachin (18k runs), pitch conditions and bowling quality, try again

Edited by kira
5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Dhoni has been good as finisher in both 1st and 2nd inning, but I think he missed out by playing at no 5 or 6. Depended a lot on hand eye coordination and already looks like a spent force after playing 280 ODIs. Sachin was still at peak while playing for that long and eventually surpassed everyone in world.

:hail:

1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

So only Top 3 matter.Man are you serious.This is blind fanboyism.

I stopped being serious a while ago after seeing such pathetic attempts at trolling, I have already said everything there is to say, you haven't been able to counter even a single point I made, there is nothing left to discuss here, Sachin is GOAT, kohli is Not, maybe kohli will overtake sachin one day but as of today he is behind sachin and that too by a fair distance and dhoni shouldn't even be mentioned alongside these two when talking about purely batting.

46 minutes ago, kira said:

I stopped being serious a while ago after seeing such pathetic attempts at trolling, I have already said everything there is to say, you haven't been able to counter even a single point I made, there is nothing left to discuss here, Sachin is GOAT, kohli is Not, maybe kohli will overtake sachin one day but as of today he is behind sachin and that too by a fair distance and dhoni shouldn't even be mentioned alongside these two when talking about purely batting.

So only Top 3 matter.Thats the case with tests also?