Some MSD fans seem happy with an Indian loss

G_B_

11 minutes ago, BCCI said:

You are funny otherwise as well but Harbhajan,Zak :laugh:.After 2 years I think even Ishant will make your list.

Tell me this .

list me match winning stuff by dhoni in tests outside over Asia . Where he got mom and was key to wins 

then I will list you Zak and bhaji overseas bowing which was clearly key in us winning  tests overseas . 

Then we see who laughs 

dhoni has only one thing . He was skipper . But on playing stuff not done much in tests frankly . But if just cos skipper that makes him better then gilly as gilly may have been in team that won loads but was not skipper .  Also dhoni better player then Lara as Lara never won anything as skipper or player . :giggle:

Edited by King Tendulkar
7 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Tell me this .

list me match winning stuff by dhoni in tests outside over Asia . Where he got mom and was key to wins 

then I will list you Zak and bhaji overseas bowing which was clearly key in us winning  tests overseas . 

Then we see who laughs 

dhoni has only one thing . He was skipper . But on playing stuff not done much in tests frankly . But if just cos skipper that makes him better then gilly as gilly may have been in team that won loads but was not skipper .  Also dhoni better player then Lara as Lara never won anything as skipper or player . :giggle:

Before getting all twisted,did I even mention Dhoni :cantstop: .

36 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Mankad is atg . Our second best all rounder . Love this guy 

hazare was quality bat . Did excellent in away tours in oz . Run machine 

Other 2 yeah, just threw them in for hell of it lol

on side note we Indians are very poor with our history . Our legends from early 20th century forgotten . Meanwhile other countries rejoice in there wg graces and Bradmans 

Changed my mind

Prassana is defo top 10 atg indian player.  Not thrown in for hell of it at all.  Guy was class

2 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Mankad was quality . 

Hazare played 30 tests . Not his fault that lol played as many fixtures india had . Certainly atg Indian great and waaaay superior to dhoni . Dhoni could only dream of playing some knocks he did overseas 

Than Ashwin is even better alrounder. Has both better bowling and batting averages.

4 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

What the hell are you on about seriously ?

If not an excuse what else was that exactly lol.We won the toss , we would had a far better chance of winning if the defensiveness of Ganguly didn't decide to bowl first .

So yes saying that we had no chance was a nonsense excuse.

Don't try to cover up with that my country your country patriotic nonsense.

Imagine India went to T20 world Cup semi with that pathetic attitude that the Aussies are too good, I am sure we could have got hammered again.

Lucky we had a Great captain in Dhoni I suppose.

Toss decision was horrible but I am almost 100% sure we would have lost to that Aussie team no matter what.Dhoni has much lesser of a competition in Srilanka in the world cup final.Not even saying how much liking Indian batsman has always had for srilankan bowling.:phehe:. Playing Srilanka as against Australia in the final is much much easier.

If not an excuse what else was that exactly lol.We won the toss , we would had a far better chance of winning if the defensiveness of Ganguly didn't decide to bowl first .

Imagine India went to T20 world Cup semi with that pathetic attitude that the Aussies are too good, I am sure we could have got hammered again.

Toss decision was horrible but I am almost 100% sure we would have lost to that Aussie team no matter what.Dhoni has much lesser of a competition in Srilanka in the world cup final.Not even saying how much liking Indian batsman has always had for srilankan bowling.:phehe:. Playing Srilanka as against Australia in the final is much much easier.

Rained out final means joint winners.

No one wins all ICC trophies.   Joint winner in one CT and  Runner up in the only World Cup is not that bad for a captain who has been captain in 4 ICC tournaments including only 1 World Cup.

It is strange that you use the word  " excuse "  as I am talking about your country's performance only.   Sort of validates the point of this thread.

Imagine India went to T20 world Cup semi with that pathetic attitude that the Aussies are too good, I am sure we could have got hammered again

We beat Australia in Australia twice in finals to win CB series final.

We even competed very well in the CB in immediate aftermath of the world Cup final.So no it wasn't impossible.

We had a pretty good chance if we had batted final particularly with the form Sachin and other batsmen were.

Heck how much odds do u think the Indian team in 83 would have had against West Indies .It's the belief that matters.

And chasing in a final with pressure does funny things.So saying we have had no chance and losing the final was a great result is (as the the post I quoted said implied) nonsense.

16 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

As for general view and how supporting India is patriotism nonsense , Cricket is for entertainment as is any sport.

If u feel so patriotic , go join the Indian Army .The whole fan bickering is ridiculous.

so what do you say to people who want india to lose to prove multiple points?

so what do you say to people who want india to lose to prove multiple points?

Their own choice .Why would I say anything to them.

Just like so many people in England I find who likes to see England lose because their club players aren't playing /rival playing/multiple reasons .

Do u go arguing with all of them ? Obviously not.

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

I think barring that final (which i wont dismiss) i dont think MS has a score of note in the WC he has played. (including t2o)

Sachin may have been a choker but he has performed at WC as a whole

2007 WT20 : 

Vs Pakistan in GS : rescued us from weak position even though SR was low

Vs SA in Super 8 : match winning knock

Vs Aus in Semi : Gave the score a boost in slog overs with great hitting. Scored 36(18) IIRC.

Edited by Sidhoni
10 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

2007 WT20 : 

Vs Pakistan in GS : rescued us from weak position even though SR was low

Vs SA in Super 8 : match winning knock

Vs Aus in Semi : Gave the score a boostoost in slog overs with great hitting. Scored 36(18) IIRC.

So nothing since a decade?

Ok very subjective analysis

Dhoni is not a top 5 in Tests because he is behind Sunny,Sachin,Kapil,Dravid,Kumble-any debate here?

Not a Top 5 in T20's-Kohli,Rohit,Yuvraj,Raina have a bigger upside than him in that format...hell even RP Singh and Irfan Pathan have won us more games in that format. Even if you make a case for him there that is only because a small body of work for Indian cricket in that format.

Now ODI's-Kapil,Sachin,Kohli,Yuvraj are ahead-Sure I will throw a bone here and may be he will qualify in the Top 5 in that format.

Now as a pure wicket keeper-I will give you this-He is the best ever when it comes to stumping I have ever seen no doubts but as a pure keeper alone he is no where the best,I have never seen him go for a catch that belongs to first slip or pull of a blinder against pace bowling...I highly doubt if he is one of the best pure keepers ever to play for India.

As a Test bat overseas-Ratra,Saha,V.Manjrekar etc as keepers have overseas 100's outside the SC....so keeping+batting overseas he is not up there.

As a Test bat in India-Sure he is the best among keepers.

You have to pick and chose and make specific criteria to make a case for MSD....sure overall I agree he will be in the X1 of All time Indian team but we are overstating him here in my opinion.

Very pure unbiased and subjective analysis

Edited by maniac