International Women's Day - what nonsense.

Brainfade

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

I think in most urban families and esp in the west, household chores are equally distributed. There is not much of sacrifice expected nor celebrated. 

I feel feminists are not getting the labor distribution among men and women. It is no more about what women cant do, it is about who can do a better job or fit for it. jobs needing physical labor, women sometimes are not strong enough. But to point it becomes misogyny. Jobs like human care, women can do it better. In Combat, women can make the team vulnerable. I am not saying women shouldnt take up such jobs, if they can prove, they should. But, the fight should be about individual rights and not about capability.

1. Women are rare in construction, but women i've seen do just as good a job at anything construction- except for laying re-bar. But pouring concrete, carpentry, tiling, roofing - they are just as good as men.

2. No basis to saying women are better at human-care. Ability to diagnose & administer medicine and pay attention- emotional and medical- is no different between genders.

3. Women are definitely not 'worse' in combat. Atleast, not when it comes to firing guns and running around firing guns. 

I dont understand what you mean that fighting should be about indiviual rights and not capability ? I don't think women/feminist claim that women are as strong and capable of as much lifting/speed of movement as men in the top 0.000001% spectrum of humanity. 
But if you think your daughter can't beat you if she tried to be fitter than you- unless you are literally the Great Khali,  well you are straight up wrong on that. You may not even beat your own daughter/sister if you trained just as hard, either. 

Because since women have proven that they are within 95-99% capable as the most capable man on the planet(in terms of weights, time trials, etc), it means on average, the average woman has just as good a chance of being stronger/faster/can carry more than the average man. Just that if we picked the top 10 humans from 1000s and 1000s of cases, men will dominate that field. Its like two bell curves, one peaking just a bit more than the other. the one that is just a bit more, is men. 

17 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

1. Women are rare in construction, but women i've seen do just as good a job at anything construction- except for laying re-bar. But pouring concrete, carpentry, tiling, roofing - they are just as good as men.

2. No basis to saying women are better at human-care. Ability to diagnose & administer medicine and pay attention- emotional and medical- is no different between genders.

3. Women are definitely not 'worse' in combat. Atleast, not when it comes to firing guns and running around firing guns. 

I dont understand what you mean that fighting should be about indiviual rights and not capability ? I don't think women/feminist claim that women are as strong and capable of as much lifting/speed of movement as men in the top 0.000001% spectrum of humanity. 
But if you think your daughter can't beat you if she tried to be fitter than you- unless you are literally the Great Khali,  well you are straight up wrong on that. You may not even beat your own daughter/sister if you trained just as hard, either. 

Because since women have proven that they are within 95-99% capable as the most capable man on the planet(in terms of weights, time trials, etc), it means on average, the average woman has just as good a chance of being stronger/faster/can carry more than the average man. Just that if we picked the top 10 humans from 1000s and 1000s of cases, men will dominate that field. Its like two bell curves, one peaking just a bit more than the other. the one that is just a bit more, is men. 

In combat, I mean, commandos, marines who are into special ops. THere are feminists who are fighting for women to be recruited for such jobs. These are teams who depend on each other for their lives, women can make other men vulnerable for danger. There is no dearth of jobs where women can prove, and there are some which women can't do a good job because of their dna/nature.

Human care is about the patients as well, I am sure there are a lot of men who are as good as women, but in general, women get the A grade there.

Individual rights like equal pay, pregnancy pay/leave not affecting their careers, etc. Fight to prove women can do some jobs better than or as good as men "in some cases", is not a fight worth fighting for.  

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

In combat, I mean, commandos, marines who are into special ops. THere are feminists who are fighting for women to be recruited for such jobs. These are teams who depend on each other for their lives, women can make other men vulnerable for danger. There is no dearth of jobs where women can prove, and there are some which women can't do a good job because of their dna/nature.

how so ? 

U don't think a woman can be just as good running up to a door pointing a gun and 'getting your back covered' while you barge in, like your buddy guy can ? 
Special ops, marines, commandos- i don't think those jobs have any gender based say really- we are putting our best of the best and their lives in danger along with huge consequences when we deploy them. They can be 12 men, 12 women, 12 Hijras or any combination there of, so long as by most expert military analysis that are in the know-how, they are the best of the best at parachuting, shooting, kicking down doors and whatever else that it takes to make the most lethal commandos india can offer.

That, is all i care for in the 'military side of things'. anyone should be free to try for a job regardless of their gender, if they possess the skills required to do so.

Human care is about the patients as well, I am sure there are a lot of men who are as good as women, but in general, women get the A grade there.

On what basis ? i don't think women doctors or nurses score higher than male doctors and nurses ....

Edited by Muloghonto

42 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

^she might have less endurance for pain esp torture, will give in during torture.So , the team will take undue risk to avoid that and perish in the process.

she might have is not an argument. Thats just cooking up hypotheticals. I can then say 'men may be more clumsy, so lets have women- they are less likely to get caught in the first place coz they are stealthier'. 

All you are doing,is propagating stereotypes without any basis for them. 

just because your mom is more likely to soothe your wounds with kind words than your dad, doesnt mean men can't be just as compassionate, caring and comforting as women when trained for it in a professional setting.

16 hours ago, Brainfade said:

Absolutely male chauvinistic view.  Instead of letting her sacrifice for 364 days and celebrate her sacrifice, how about do something to spare her the sacrifice?  Do something meaningful.  Start by asking her what her dreams are.  Maybe she does not want to cook and clean for the family, but would rather become a scientist or electrical engineer or social worker or astronaut.  Instead of celebrating and romanticizing her ability and willingness to cook for the family, spare her of that and let her do what SHE dreams for herself.  

So if a man doesnt want to become a scientist,engineer etc,but dreams of cooking for the family,is it allowed?

38 minutes ago, Lord said:

So if a man doesnt want to become a scientist,engineer etc,but dreams of cooking for the family,is it allowed?

Of course.  It should be.  There are many stay-at-home dads and people either think it's cute, or snicker at him that he is a Ghar jamai.  But why should it be cute?  Or something to insult?  He does what he damn well pleases with his career, as does she.  It's time to lose the stereotypes.  

Edited by Brainfade

4 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Of course.  It should be.  There are many stay-at-home dads and people either think it's cute, or snicker at him that he is a Ghar jamai.  But why should it be cute?  Or something to insult?  He does what he damn well pleases with his career, as does she.  It's time to lose the stereotypes.  

Exactly.I was just saying that stereotypes exist for both genders.

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Exactly.I was just saying that stereotypes exist for both genders.

Yes, they do.  But generally speaking, most societies are patriarchal, making the man the dominant member of a family, giving him the right to suppress the woman's dreams, but throwing her a bone once or twice a year to celebrate her sacrifices.  

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Yes.Hopefully we will see more of that in future.

Men should also have options.

Men in previous generations were not allowed/ expected to be the care givers,but a lot of men these days are very good care givers.My husband can take care of my daughter as well as I do if not more.

He cooks better(when he rarely does) and manages home as well as I do when required.

WTH are small and extremely thin rotis considered better than big thin rotis.

I have heard it is a sign of love for the family.wtf !!!! Just any excuse to make the roti maker sweat and suffer in the kitchen and stay busy.

Guys and girls.....liberate the roti maker irrespective of gender. Tell them to make big rotis and reduce their workload.The effing rotis taste the same irrespective of size.There  is more to love than sweating over the tava making tiny dainty rotis.

Edited by beetle

17 minutes ago, beetle said:

WTH are small and extremely thin rotis considered better than big thin rotis.

I have heard it is a sign of love for the family.wtf !!!! Just any excuse to make the roti maker sweat and suffer in the kitchen and stay busy.

Guys and girls.....liberate the roti maker irrespective of gender. Tell them to make big rotis and reduce their workload.The effing rotis taste the same irrespective of size.There  is more to love than sweating over the tava making tiny dainty rotis.

Well thinner tastes better and easier to swallow :blush:

But yeah make it yourself if you know how it should be made :giggle:

Edited by beetle

7 minutes ago, Lord said:

Well thinner tastes better and easier to swallow :blush:

But yeah make it yourself if you know how it should be made :giggle:

Thin but big.

Make one big thin roti in place of three small ones.That reduces roti making workload by one third.

My mom is horrified by the size of my rotis and paranthas.I make huge ones. One is enough .:p:

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Thin but big.

Make one big thin roti in place of three small ones.That reduces roti making workload by one third.

My mom is horrified by the size of my rotis and paranthas.I make huge ones. One is enough .:p:

Rumali roti ki yaad aa gayi :love:

Whats your hubby's take on the rotis? :hmmm:

On 08/03/2017 at 4:26 PM, Brainfade said:

Really?  A day for women?  When we celebrate them for making all kinds of sacrifices, but do nothing to decrease their burdens?  When we praise them for being the reason for our success, while doing nothing to support their quest for success?  When we stereotype them for being great cooks, housekeepers etc., while not realizing that their dreams may go beyond what you want from them?  When we put them on a pedestal for being soft-spoken and patient, because that is what we expect of them?  When we celebrate Ma, but get together with her to torture biwi?  Worst of all, when we find out that there is one on her way, we terminate her even before she has a chance?  

Let's do something real, 365 days of the year.  Not create window dressings for 1.  

Men are the best cooks.