MS Dhoni is first person I go to when in doubt: Washington Sundar

velu

Waashington Sundar played an important role in Rising Pune Supergiant's Qualifier 1 victory against two-time champions Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Tuesday.

Sundar bamboozled the Mumbai batsmen with his off-breaks to finish with 3/16 as Pune defeated Mumbai for the third time in IPL 2017  to reach their maiden final.

Sundar was named Man-of -the-Match for his exploits at the iconic Wankhede Stadium. The right-arm spinner said he owed his success to former captain MS Dhoni.

"MS Dhoni is the first person I go to when I have any doubts. Anything about a batsmen. Great to have someone like him and I am lucky to be playing with him," Sundar told India Today in an exclusive chat.  "Not many would get chance to play with such big stars. I am learning about approach from them. It's been a challenge to bowl in powerplay. Bowling against the likes of Gautam Gambhir and Shikhar Dhawan was challenging but I am happy to have done well," he added.

wash_647_051917034154.jpg

Sundar, who bowled his full quota of four overs only for the second time this season on Tuesday, said he was glad to have delivered for the team and was excited ahead the big final on Sunday.

"Coming into team, when I was told I will debut I didn't expect to fill Ravichandran Ashwin's shoes. But I have backed myself and glad to have delivered," he said.

"Not many get this chance at 17. Hope I can win. It would be good to be a hero in the final. We are all excited. IPL final a big thing. It's the first time for this franchise. One more big game and we are all excited about it," he further said.

Sundar also revealed how he was named Washington. "My dad's mentor's name was Washington. He passed away a few days before I was born."

The 17-year-old tweaker also thanked India batting great Rahul Dravid for his support. Dravid is also India A and India Junior team coach.

"Rahul Dravid is a great human being. I spent 4-5 months with him and it was a great learning curve. Wish I could work with him more," Sundar signed off.

@Yoda-esque:dance:

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/ipl2017/story/ms-dhoni-washington-sundar-ipl-2017-rising-pune-supergiant/1/957911.html

4 minutes ago, velu said:

your kniwldge on geography is good or u are using the google effectively :p:

Some months back my family and I went on a tour to Washington DC and other parts of the East Coast. So we took a guided tour and our elderly guide was a really nice guy who went out of his way to explain to us all the details about the various monuments and the associated history. :cool:

I'm rather poor at using google. Unlike you, I'm not an engineer.

5 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Some months back my family and I went on a tour to Washington DC and other parts of the East Coast. So we took a guided tour and our elderly guide was a really nice guy who went out of his way to explain to us all the details about the various monuments and the associated history. :cool:

I'm rather poor at using google. Unlike you, I'm not an engineer.

i am not doing engineering  work any more  :p:

trying to become a busienss magnet :fear: