Welcome to 4 day tests

G_B_

4 days should be enough to force a a win against Zim but hope this is not the way forward. I hate fads like 4 day tests and D/N tests with pink balls. Test cricket should be left undisturbed, the purest form of the game will do better left alone. More importantly hope BCCI doesn't get any crazy idea in the future, these 2 fads will so more harm than good for test matches in India because they will gnaw away our strengths(pitches and spinners).

Not good for India.we must need 5 th day for oppositions 4 th innings on Indian wicket.we win toss in India most time, we bats first 100 times out of 100 time.

Chandimal recently said,'Winning toss most important thing in Asia but unfortunately I can not control it' well VIRAT did,he win always.4 day test crap idea only good in 

lower Grade matches like un official test or FC cricket

3 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

4 day test is worst idea i have seen in cricket. Saving one day is not going to make things suddenly attractive. It it still a 4 day game and just kills test cricket as a form. 

I really want this test to end on 4th day with result on edge

Average rains more than before everywhere.i wish ICC sticks 5 day test

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

4 days should be enough to force a a win against Zim but hope this is not the way forward. I hate fads like 4 day tests and D/N tests with pink balls. Test cricket should be left undisturbed, the purest form of the game will do better left alone. More importantly hope BCCI doesn't get any crazy idea in the future, these 2 fads will so more harm than good for test matches in India because they will gnaw away our strengths(pitches and spinners).

Agreed.   4 day gives weak teams better chances to draw the game.   How is that better for the game?  

And the pink ball idea only really works in Australia - The UAE experiment showed that D/N test and pink ball have a lot of environmental challenges in Asia, with dew and humidity, and can result in boring games as well.  

Even in England, in cricket season, you already have daylight till quite late in the day to begin with, and if you play into the night, it will get cold AF.  And not necessarily improve the quality of cricket if the players are freezing and their hands are stiff.