Does ICF need a members only forum? How to make it work?

Trichromatic

Recently I added Cafe ICF forum and moved some threads, but there was hardly any activity in that.

Idea was to add a forum which can't be viewed by guests and only those members who have 50+ or maybe 100+ posts can view and post it it.

I was expecting this forum to be more ICF related than general discussion. Like moderation discussion, ICF birthday threads, ICF members photo threads or ICF members' interview threads or direction question and interaction with ICF members, some light discussion threads or even some banter, jokes among members.

It is suppose to be the forum which doesn't appear on search results and guest have no point reading those. It could give members bit more freedom and assurance to members and in addition it could be less moderated forum too.

Do you thnk this can work? Is it needed?

Make a forum named "Troll Cricket ICF" where posters who wants to do healthy troll (by not crossing the line)/banter etc can post there. Moderation should be minimum there but any abuse, name calling, religious stuffs should not be permitted. There are 100s of troll cricket pages available in FB and they are very popular. We can have our own ICF version.

3 hours ago, zen said:

One suggestion I have is that newbees have wait 100 posts or 1 month (which ever is earlier) to make new threads. This will cut down on spam threads and creation of new ids to start threads 

Excellent suggestion.  Love this idea.   

26 minutes ago, Oldhere said:

Is that subsection available or im not allowed?

Not available anymore. 

Update: That restriction has been reduced to 30 posts. Anyone with less than 30 posts can't create threads and it has certainly helped in stopping spammers.

Some changes done to the home page and cricket talk layout. Let us know if you want some more changes.