Very Poor and inconsistent bowling from Shami and Umesh

maniac

8 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Not just that , the Indian conditions may be perceived as flat but these are the same conditions these bowlers are brought up on , they know how to take wickets . If you look at even the pak greats they all had a much better record at home , same with srinath and I think even zaheer . Just like batsmen even bowlers need to adapt , only the great ones manage to do it both in case of batsmen and bowlers .

Zaheer had better record overseas averaging around 26-28 dont remember exact number, poor at home averaging 35

16 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It is easy to bowl your heart for 5 to 10 over in a day and get one or two wickets knowing fully well if you fail spinners will pick your slack up.

When there is no spinner coming to your rescue , you need to learn the art of taking 5 fers and that comes only with experience. Ishant Sharma is getting exposed even in Ranjis as he never learnt how to take wickets.

I see lot of fascination on this forum with speed gun readings .

Do you even check? Ishant is averaging 12 this Ranji season with 18 wickets in 4 games, 4th is currently going on.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Do you even check? Ishant is averaging 12 this Ranji season with 18 wickets in 4 games, 4th is currently going on.

How many 5fers has he taken and averaging 12 is not a big deal when you are bowling only few overs. Has he been the best fast bowler in Ranjis or has he done anything outstanding in those four matches.

Edited by putrevus
Just now, putrevus said:

How many 5fers has he taken and averaging 12 is a big deal when you are bowling only few overs. Has been the best fast bowler in Ranjis or has he done anything outstanding in those four matches.

can any one get 18 wickets in four matches with bowling few overs, he is the highest wicket taker for his team and he has bowled 105 overs, third highest in his team and that because he has played one match less. He is the opening bowler for Delhi. He just stream rolled Maharasthra today at 59/8 after Delhi scored 419 on a what seemed like a placid pitch.

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

check how many through edges? They played attacking cricket and got away with those edges.

My point was not about just today's play, it is about our fast bowlers, this is what they will be asked to do when they tour abroad come back again and again for second and third spells and take wickets. Take wickets is the key.

India will lose toss again and will be asked to bat first on green mambas, they will get bowled out cheaply and if that happens do these fast bowlers have in them to bring the team back into match by bowling other team cheaply, if answer is yes India has a chance to win and if answer is no, they have no chance.

My personal answer is no and what is yours?

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

My point was not about just today's play, it is about our fast bowlers, this is what they will be asked to do when they tour abroad come back again and again for second and third spells and take wickets. Take wickets is the key.

India will lose toss again and will be asked to bat first on green mambas, they will get bowled out cheaply and if that happens do these fast bowlers have in them to bring the team back into match by bowling other team cheaply, if answer is yes India has a chance to win and if answer is no, they have no chance.

you have good cricketing sense

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

it is not like they have not done it before. they have, but what they lack is the consistency to do it match after match. We did in England too last tour, did it in SA too last tour. Remember green mamba of Wanderers. we batted first got out at 28, we go SA for 240. Same thing we did at lords batting first on a green mamba. Problem is keep doing it throughout the series.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

can any one get 18 wickets in four matches with bowling few overs, he is the highest wicket taker for his team and he has bowled 105 overs, third highest in his team and that because he has played one match less. He is the opening bowler for Delhi. He just stream rolled Maharasthra today at 59/8 after Delhi scored 419 on a what seemed like a placid pitch.

105 overs in 4 matches means 16 overs/innings and bowling to very poor sides like Assam is not a big deal in my opinion.Even today it does not look like he has bowled second spell.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

it is not like they have not done it before. they have, but what they lack is the consistency to do it match after match. We did in England too last tour, did it in SA too last tour. Remember green mamba of Wanderers. we batted first got out at 28, we go SA for 240. Same thing we did at lords batting first on a green mamba. Problem is keep doing it throughout the series.

That is exactly the problem I am taking about, to win a 3 and 5 match series they have to perform more than one test.At home they will be backed by spinners so if they lose sting spinners will pick up slack.

Even on those green mambas you are talking about other than Lords spinners did play a critical role. In Lords Bhuvi was done after first innings for the series and Ishant was done after second innings remember he stunk in first innings there.

Shami ran out of gas both in SA and NZ, Zak was literally running on empty tank there.

Unless these guys learn how to be consistent day in day out even in their third and four spells  I don't think India has a chance.

Edited by putrevus
5 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

So first you LIE about Ishant getting exposed and when someone rats you out for the beta liar you are, you go on to change the goal post to five-fors taken. Unvarnished idiot.

You moron I have nothing against Ishant or any Indian fast bowler. Ishant is out of Indian team for a reason. I don't have to lie about anything if he has taken wickets good for him but matches I followed this season he didn't do much.

Edited by putrevus