Indian population is growing much faster in the north – and the south is paying the price

Singh bling

https://scroll.in/article/865569/indian-population-is-growing-much-faster-in-the-north-and-the-south-is-paying-the-price

Indian population is growing much faster in the north – and the south is paying the price

This is going to be a big political issue in next 50 years and May be Leaders like Kamal hasan want's to unite south India

but uniting south india is not going to be easy as the carvery issue has shown

all southern states have some issue or the other with each other via water.

I do believe Telangana and Maharashtra sorted their river issues. More than BJP it was KCR who needs to be credited.

So if you do want to unite the south you need to first counter water politics.

I wish there was a secessionist movement in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar,  we could have just let them go and life in other States could have been so much better.

This is not working anymore,  the Indian Cities can't afford to accomodate thousands of migrants from Cow Belt that arrive on a daily basis.  The issue is not about some silly cultural dilution of the cities but the worsening infrstraucture that cannot support more people. Buses are crowded,  Trains are jammed, traffic worse,   there is no space to walk on streets,  bridges are falling, stampede, no value for life and yet more people keep pouring in. 

Why should a  developed state bear the burden of failed Cow Belt States and thereby bringing down their overall standard of living and progress that they have made ? The Leaders of failed States don't care about any development in their region and are more than happy to see their people migrate to other states for livelihood. 

38 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

I wish there was a secessionist movement in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar,  we could have just let them go and life in other States could have been so much better.

This is not working anymore,  the Indian Cities can't afford to accomodate thousands of migrants from Cow Belt that arrive on a daily basis.  The issue is not about some silly cultural dilution of the cities but the worsening infrstraucture that cannot support more people. Buses are crowded,  Trains are jammed, traffic worse,   there is no space to walk on streets,  bridges are falling, stampede, no value for life and yet more people keep pouring in. 

Why should a  developed state bear the burden of failed Cow Belt States and thereby bringing down their overall standard of living and progress that they have made ? The Leaders of failed States don't care about any development in their region and are more than happy to see their people migrate to other states for livelihood. 

Onus is equally on you to move to tier 2, tier 3 cities from the overcrowded ones.. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Muslims are growing in every state. Kerala Muslim women TFR>>>>>> UP/Bihar Hindu women TFR.

I remember my grandfather would tell me stories about the era of his great grandfather (which I guess would date to late 1700s). He told me was that a family's reputation in society depended on how big their family was, other things if I remember were size of farms, health of cattle and physical strength would determine one's masculinity. Now I understand why India is so overpopulated today, because back then clean air/water, natural resources, land space and etc. were in abundance and none of them had any idea that competing to make big families would result in overpopulation which in turn would lead to massive imbalance between supply and demand of resources.

The reason why I cited the above example is that muslims might think today that by growing huge families they are fulfilling the goal of Islam to make the whole world muslim, but they never know that things could actually backfire real bad.

On 1/20/2018 at 11:29 AM, Gollum said:

Muslims are growing in every state. Kerala Muslim women TFR>>>>>> UP/Bihar Hindu women TFR.

*evil laugh*

[ 'reformed' Allama Iqbal mode]

Cheeno-arab hamara, Hindustan hamara

Muslim hai hum, watan sara jahan hamara

[/ 'reformed' Allama Iqbal mode]

OK, that is obviously me trolling.  

What you said is true. But the decade wise fall in growth rate is the fastest for the Muslim community. So says this (and many other) reports on the basis of the 2011 Census.

Edited by Mariyam

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

*evil laugh*

[ 'reformed' Iqbal mode] cheeno arab hamara, Hindustan hamara

Muslim hai hum, watan sara jahan hamara[/ 'reformed' Iqbal mode]

You sound triggered, am I factually incorrect?

@Gollum : Cheenoarab refers to the erstwhile Mongol influenced areas of Central Asia. Not China + Arabia as one would presume. In classical Urdu taxonomy, Cheenoarab = mixture of Chinese and Arab people ie the Turkic central Asian regions. In correct as that maybe genealogically, its what passed as a generalization until very recent times.

And you are being very kind. :icflove:

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum : Cheenoarab refers to the erstwhile Mongol influenced areas of Central Asia. Not China + Arabia as one would presume. In classical Urdu taxonomy, Cheenoarab = mixture of Chinese and Arab people ie the Turkic central Asian regions. In correct as that maybe genealogically, its what passed as a generalization until very recent times.

And you are being very kind. :icflove:

Thanks for this information.