Why people hate minnows in WC?

Why people hate minnows in WC? It's good for teams and the tournament. We could see some new teams and players play in the tournament rather than same repititive teams playing against each other. Teams could also get a chance to test their bench strength and fringe players and I don't understand the BS about TV revenue. Do people think that people in Caribbean, NZ, SA and even England care about cricket WC? 

I think ICC tried but aborted plans after debacle

of 16 team 2007 WC when India got knocked out in 4 team group stages

So essentially it does come down to money, and maximise number of games India plays.

having two groups of 8 teams (to allow

more associate teams) would make WC very long with many one sided matches

1 hour ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Why people hate minnows in WC? It's good for teams and the tournament. We could see some new teams and players play in the tournament rather than same repititive teams playing against each other. Teams could also get a chance to test their bench strength and fringe players and I don't understand the BS about TV revenue. Do people think that people in Caribbean, NZ, SA and even England care about cricket WC? 

New Zealanders were coming in great numbers to support their team in 2015 WC

2 hours ago, adi B said:

We are talking about genuine minnows ie pakistan level minnows not giants of the game who have won 5 Icc trophy 

We have qualified for so many finals in ICC events and won many ICC trophy, how do you say that we are a minnow you troller :finger:

• Adding one thing to this topic. People love to see different teams winning finals that is why rest of the world except India wanted to see us lifting a trophy in CT 2017. Unpredictability is a different taste its not a minnow thing. TBH nobody thought Ind would select to finals in CT2013 because entire world knows IND is very poor on green tracks and all thought finals will be between ENG vs AUS. However IND managed to jump into finals. Did anybody tell a minnow is in a final?? No right. So don't ever tell my country is a minnow. We slapped you hard in CT final thats why the hurt is still haunting Indian Hearts. According to you a giant was raped by a minnow in CT final. :hysterical: Pls dont troll :hysterical:
3 minutes ago, Lala said:

We have qualified for so many finals in ICC events and won many ICC trophy, how do you say that we are a minnow you troller :finger:

• Adding one thing to this topic. People love to see different teams winning finals that is why rest of the world except India wanted to see us lifting a trophy in CT 2017. Unpredictability is a different taste its not a minnow thing. TBH nobody thought Ind would select to finals in CT2013 because entire world knows IND is very poor on green tracks and all thought finals will be between ENG vs AUS. However IND managed to jump into finals. Did anybody tell a minnow is in a final?? No right. So don't ever tell my country is a minnow. We slapped you hard in CT final thats why the hurt is still haunting Indian Hearts. According to you a giant was raped by a minnow in CT final. :hysterical: Pls dont troll :hysterical:

When he referred to Pakistan as a minno, i don't think he was referring to Pakistan's cricket team specifically

Problem people have is with the format not minnows. I thought 2003-2007 format was decent even though there is danger of big teams going out with a surprise loss but if you want to win cup you need to take each match seriously. You can't have initial round taking 80% of all matches like it is now. 

1992 format which is going to be followed in 2019 requires less number of teams. 

Now we are in situation where only maximum 2 of Zim, AFG, WI, IRE will make it. Or we could even have team like UAE with its expats go over someone like AFG.