KL Rahul smashes fastest IPL fifty..

Eggs on the face of all in d Indian set up hell bent on keeping him out of the playing 11..

The likes of Manish Pandey who struggle to score even run a ball get chance after chance..

I guess Rahul needs to toe Kohli's line if he wants to hv any sort of an international career

Edited by Wristy flick
1 hour ago, kosingh said:

His issue is temperament. It's been clear for many years that he has loads of skill. But mentally? We will see.

In any case, IPL performances should never be used to make sweeping conclusions about any player.

for KLR a great IPL will ensure he moves from ( Test opener, also ran in LOI or opening batsman mold) to ( phenominal allaround batsman who can be moved around in the lineup and made to make the starting 11 in both tests and LOI). 

He needs a great IPL and people will make sure he is not overlooked and spends time in the dugout but bats in the starting 11.

For many KLR is a initial Kohli level skilled player, he needs to be in that level of exposure,not be made to rot in the bench.

How is this egg on anyone's face, even Dravid scored fifty of 22 balls , it did not make a good odi batsmen. One off performances are not measuring stick for anything.

He played test matches when he was healthy except first test in SA. His performances in SA proved that him missing first test was a big deal at all.

He is not as good as either Dhawan or Rohit as an odi opener and he was competing with them.If he wants to play in middle order then he needs to assert that publicly.Shastri has told everyone they are treating him as opener so he will have to wait for his chance.

T20s he needs to show for whole season that that 50 was just not flash in pan then he will replace Dhawan/Rohit .I don't think he has ability to use long handle on a consistent basis.

On 4/9/2018 at 5:09 PM, Khota said:

I am glad he is doing well but he did nothing in SA to advance his cause. He is young and if he continues this way he will be fine.

How many matches did he actually play outside the Test cricket? There was never a question about his place in Test format and yet he was dropped in the first match for an inferior player. 

Edited by Lannister
2 minutes ago, Lannister said:

How many matches did he actually play outside the Test cricket? There was never a question about his place in Test format and yet he was dropped in the first match for an inferior player. 

Some people are difficult to convince because of tinted glasses. What KLR did across formats in 2016-17 should have been rewarded with permanent starting position in all 3 formats, yet inferior players have been pushed above him. People don't understand how these unfair selection calls can demoralize a youngster, happens in any job where if the worthy (esp the young ones) are disrespected/humiliated they can never give their 100%. 

14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Some people are difficult to convince because of tinted glasses. What KLR did across formats in 2016-17 should have been rewarded with permanent starting position in all 3 formats, yet inferior players have been pushed above him. People don't understand how these unfair selection calls can demoralize a youngster, happens in any job where if the worthy (esp the young ones) are disrespected/humiliated they can never give their 100%. 

It took some time for Kohli to become a consistent performer for India. Guess what if he was meted with the same treatment as Rahul he'd be in dumps. 

I am glad KL was finally able to come out of Kohli's grasps and find his own team where he will be treated with some respect. 

Edited by Lannister
1 hour ago, Gollum said:

What inferior players have been pushed ahead of Rahul?? Rahul cannot expect to be a test opener and middle order in odis and yet he was given a chance in SL but he failed , I understand he needed to be given more chances but I simply don't see him doing well in middle order.

Rahul has no reason to complain.

22 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What inferior players have been pushed ahead of Rahul?? Rahul cannot expect to be a test opener and middle order in odis and yet he was given a chance in SL but he failed , I understand he needed to be given more chances but I simply don't see him doing well in middle order.

Rahul has no reason to complain.

In middle order he will do a much better job then the likes of Karthik, Pandey, Jadhav, Rahane etc if given a decent run. He is the greatest batting talent to emerge from India since Kohli.

And I don't get your point about test opener not being ODI middle order option, both are different formats why not?

SRT was ODI opener, test no 4

Peak Lara was ODI opener and test no 4

Gilchrist was ODI opener and test no 6

Ganguly was ODI opener and test no 5

Mark Waugh was ODI opener and test middle order batsman

Sehwag was test opener and ODI no 3 for a while when SRT-Dada was a hit opening jodi

Vaughan was a test opener and a no 3 ODI batsman

Alec Stewart used to bat at nos 3,4,5,6 in ODIs when he opened for Eng in tests

Gambhir was a test opener but batted at no 3 in ODIs because of Sachin-Viru

Pretty sure we can find more examples if we dig deeper, all these players have been very successful.

Atm KLR can't dislodge Dhawan-Rohit at the top in ODIs but he can walk into our middle order because of talent/age/potential....

He should play T20s because statistically he is our best

In tests again I don't see how he can't get into the top 3

Edited by Gollum
3 hours ago, Lannister said:

Who was the inferior player you are talking about?

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

In middle order he will do a much better job then the likes of Karthik, Pandey, Jadhav, Rahane etc if given a decent run. He is the greatest batting talent to emerge from India since Kohli.

And I don't get your point about test opener not being ODI middle order option, both are different formats why not?

SRT was ODI opener, test no 4

Peak Lara was ODI opener and test no 4

Gilchrist was ODI opener and test no 6

Ganguly was ODI opener and test no 5

Mark Waugh was ODI opener and test middle order batsman

Sehwag was test opener and ODI no 3 for a while when SRT-Dada was a hit opening jodi

Vaughan was a test opener and a no 3 ODI batsman

Alec Stewart used to bat at nos 3,4,5,6 in ODIs when he opened for Eng in tests

Gambhir was a test opener but batted at no 3 in ODIs because of Sachin-Viru

Pretty sure we can find more examples if we dig deeper, all these players have been very successful.

Atm KLR can't dislodge Dhawan-Rohit at the top in ODIs but he can walk into our middle order because of talent/age/potential....

He should play T20s because statistically he is our best

In tests again I don't see how he can't get into the top 3

He did play in middle in SL and failed albeit only in limited number of matches. He is his own enemy after failing in middle order he went back to be an opener in List A and he didn't do that great there either.

Just because others did it Rahul also can do it.His List A strike rate is 74.1 and with that strike rate he will not be great option in middle order.

He did play in SA for two tests and flopped miserably. He should play first two tests in England and call should be taken then.

He is not India's best in anything, he did play in T20s in middle order in Sl but did not do much either.IMHO he should play as WK  in all limited overs and also try it in FC levels.