Sachin Fanboys

While I feel sad thinking about Sachin's prolonged slump in 2012-13 when he finally fell prey to Father Time, my biggest regret will always be BCCI's idiotic scheduling in the 90s. At the absolute peak of his career SRT used to play 2-7 matches per annum (yes we played only 2 tests in 1991 !!!!) while other greats of the modern era played much more at their peaks. Too much energy wasted on useless ODIs in that period. At that time I enjoyed his ODI knocks but in hindsight those were wasted runs because we didn't even win anything significant in ODI cricket till 2002 CT. And the main thing that determines a player's worth is test cricket. Had we even played 10 tests per year in that decade SRT would have reached close to 20000 test runs and broken the 100 100s mark 3-4 years earlier. Also his average would have been higher, disgraceful to see him below Kallis/Sanga on the averages column. In 90s-2002 period I think (not sure, have to check) we didn't tour NZ for 8 years, Aus for 7 years,  SA for 5 years, Eng for 6 years, WI for 8 years, Pak never. Same story repeated at home: Between the tied Madras test (1986) and 1998 series Aus played a solitary match in Delhi 1995, Eng didn't tour here for 8 years, WI for 8 years, Pak/Lanka only once in the 12 year period :(( how disgraceful was that schedule? People should take into account this fact when evaluating SRT's greatness.

BCCI is repeating the mistake yet again, Kohli is being screwed now. We will play 22 home tests (starting from AFG in June) in the coming 5 years, overseas bhi mila de to it will come to 45-50 in 5 years...Root will play min 70 tests in this time frame. Kohli is at his peak, this is our golden generation yet BCCI is doing chewtiyapa on the scheduling front. Will it kill these b@stards to schedule 13 tests per annum when we can correct some historical wrongs in the ultimate format? Aus after the splendid 2017 series won't return for 5.5 years, we won't tour NZ for 7-8 years, etc same trend repeating itself after 90s. 

Edited by Gollum