Ravindra Jadeja keen to regain spot in all three formats

Switchblade

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-england-ravindra-jadeja-keen-to-regain-spot-in-all-three-formats/story-P3h3m4QtFETrlIMDoLzPhJ.html

“It’s difficult when you’re not getting any help from the wicket on Day 1. The ball you’re actually trying to bowl...it’s not coming out that way. I was just thinking that Shami, Ishant and Bumrah were bowling well from the other end. They were beating the bat non-stop. I was just thinking that I shouldn’t concede boundaries because if that pressure is released at one end, it becomes easy for the batsmen,” he told reporters.

“The way we’d set the field -- bringing square-leg up, pushing deep mid-wicket wide -- and with the ball not spinning much off the pitch, we knew sooner or later he would try the sweep shot. Actually, I’d spotted that he was already getting down (to sweep). So I bowled a full ball. And he didn’t know if he should sweep or not and the bat didn’t come out at all. It was a good wicket,” he explained.

“Everyone bowled well. Especially when the partnership between Moeen Ali and Alastair Cook was on (73 in 40.1 overs), our plan was that if they didn’t get boundaries, they’d panic and play wrong shots and get out. And that’s exactly what happened.”

“For me the biggest thing is that I am playing for India, and maybe if I do well, I will be back playing all three formats of the game soon enough.

“But my job is, whenever I get an opportunity I should convert it into performance. When you are playing just one format it is very tough because there is too much gap between matches and the experience you need to play at international level is less.

“So you have to keep motivating yourself, that whenever you get a chance, like in this game, whatever ability I have, I have to give my best on the field.”

Just now, R.D forever said:

U mean bat well. Bowling is already over. No control not even a single maiden 

Let there be some rough in England's 2nd innings and then one can judge his bowling I think. 

Maidens aren't really a great stat in Tests, IMO. A 3-for is not something to scoff at. 

Let there be some rough in England's 2nd innings and then one can judge his bowling I think. 

Maidens aren't really a great stat in Tests, IMO. A 3-for is not something to scoff at. 
Maidens are very important in tests. How do u think we picked up wickets yesterday. By squeezing the runs. And jaddu has not been able to create any pressure.

But anyways as u said let us wait for the rough to decide. But when the pitch offers nothing I would rather go with Ashwin

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, R.D forever said:

But anyways as u said let us wait for the rough to decide. But when the pitch offers nothing I would rather go with Ashwin

I honestly don't favor either of the two for overseas. Jadeja is more of a darter than a spinner, and Ashwin doesn't consistently flight the ball over a series, which is IMO the key way to get spin on unhelpful pitches (he also was darting too much last match). 

I want a good legspinner for overseas tests, or at least someone who consistently flights the ball. 

I honestly don't favor either of the two for overseas. Jadeja is more of a darter than a spinner, and Ashwin doesn't consistently flight the ball over a series, which is IMO the key way to get spin on unhelpful pitches (he also was darting too much last match). 

I want a good legspinner for overseas tests, or at least someone who consistently flights the ball. 
Agreed. If this was between the two I would pick Ashwin anyday. But yeah we could use a good leg spinner one with good control unlike kuldeep. Kuldeep needs to play more FC matches.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

He did exactly what was required. Bowled straight and kept it simple instead of trying a plethora of variations ala Ashwin style which proved to be counter productive in last two tests.

Still not sold out on him though but this performance will give him major confidence boost up which is good for India in the long term if we want our excessive reliance on Ashwin in SENA to discontinue.

Very few leg spinning legends in test. I will take a jadeja or ashwin over kuldeep anyday.

Just keep bowling in the same spot, the odd ball would turn or keep low or be straight and you have a wicket like how moeen got vihari . 

Ashwin went to odi mode in tests and result is so blatant.  We would have won 4th test if jadeja played.