Meat shops will be 150 metres away from religious places in Delhi: SDMC

Alam_dar

It is same when Pakistani Muslim ban eating/drinking in Ramadhan in name of "Respect". Here same thing has been done by the Hindutva in name of "respect".

There is hardly any difference among the fanatics of all religions. All of them are unanimous enemy of the Human Values. 

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/delhi/meat-shops-will-be-150-metres-away-from-religious-places-sdmc-5545568/?fbclid=IwAR3-CXdb9eh5hAemkGFpRezYENAxS6wkzToeKe6iuBkBoBqKj7lalJuld18

Meat shops will be 150 metres away from religious places in Delhi: SDMC

The proposal, passed during the standing committee meeting, also increased licence fee for meat shops from Rs 5,000 to Rs 7,000. It also made it mandatory to procure a no-objection certificate from the area councillor for licence.

title is misleading .. 

“The condition of 150-metre distance from a mosque will be applicable in case of pork shops only. Licences to mutton/chicken/fish and buffalo meat shops can be granted if they are situated less than 100 metres from the mosque, provided the same is permitted by the Imam or managing committee of the mosque. The distance of the religious place from the meat shop shall be measured through public pathway only,” the policy said.

1 hour ago, velu said:

title is misleading .. 

“The condition of 150-metre distance from a mosque will be applicable in case of pork shops only. Licences to mutton/chicken/fish and buffalo meat shops can be granted if they are situated less than 100 metres from the mosque, provided the same is permitted by the Imam or managing committee of the mosque. The distance of the religious place from the meat shop shall be measured through public pathway only,” the policy said.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

@diga selective outrage of OP

Neither it is selective, nor it is misleading, it is only this that you people are looking at the issue from the angle of "Hindu VS Muslim", which is a mistake on your behalf while it is an issue of "Religions VS Human Rights". 

(1) Hindutva fanatics brought this law in name of "respect of religion" (just like Muslims ban eating/drinking in Ramadhan in name of respect of their religion). 

(2) Since it is not possible for the Hindutva to bring one sided ban around the Mandirs and it would be countered in the Court, therefore they had to add the Mosque too. 

(3) But either mandir or mosque or ramadhan, but in all cases these religious fanatics are usurping the basic human rights in name of respect of religion. 

Off course people will come here with all types of lame excuses to defend it (same as Muslims come up with thousands of lame excuses for respect of Ramadhan), but this behaviour would be extremely sad. 

Most Hindus have no problem with meat. Anybody who has been to a Kali temple in Bengal will witness regular goat/buffalo/duck/pigeon sacrifices in temple premises , animal sacrifice is even more common in Assam. And places like Kalighat and Kamakhya are such vital pillars of Hinduism, how will a virtue signaling Pakistani understand? Where does religion come into the picture, maybe they are doing for hygiene reasons, can't compare our slaughterhouses and meat shops with those of the developed countries. We don't even have proper drainage and animal innards are thrown away carelessly everywhere. Ideally all slaughterhouses should be far away from public places, somewhere in the outskirts of cities so that health/sanitation isn't compromised. 

If there is no difference between "fanatics of all religions" as OP put it...matlab kuch bhi, don't want to be too honest with my contempt for such an assessment. Give me a Hindutvawadi or extremist Christian or Buddhist/Jain radical any day over a Muslim fanatic. I'd wager those loonies will at worst be as bad as average Muslims. 

And the only person making it a communal issue is you OP. And can OP shed light about the state of affairs in foreign countries? In USA/Canada/UK/Australia do they have slaughterhouses less than 150 metres from churches? I mean those people should have no problem with some blood, right? I would be proud if India can take inspiration from those countries. 

Edited by Gollum

Moreover, new law says that shop owners have to seek the permission of the community before opening the shop.

It literally means that minority becomes unable to open the new shops while the MAJORITY will suppress them through this new law.

Again this is the same behaviour like in Pakistan it is allowed officially for Hindus/Christians to open their churches/mandirs, but they need the permission of the local community, which they never get obviously. 

I wonder, what happened to the humanity in you that you could not see this obvious injustice? 

And worst thing is this that it is not only the religious people, but I have seen the Atheists too who were justifying the killing of the Rohingiya Muslims. From there I learnt properly that main culprit is "extremism", while religion means that a pimple has grown upon an ulcer. 

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Most Hindus have no problem with meat. Anybody who has been to a Kali temple in Bengal will witness regular goat/buffalo/duck/pigeon sacrifices in temple premises , animal sacrifice is even more common in Assam. And places like Kalighat and Kamakhya are such vital pillars of Hinduism, how will a virtue signaling Pakistani understand? Where does religion come into the picture, maybe they are doing for hygiene reasons, can't compare our slaughterhouses and meat shops with those of the developed countries. We don't even have proper drainage and animal innards are thrown away carelessly everywhere. Ideally all slaughterhouses should be far away from public places, somewhere in the outskirts of cities so that health/sanitation isn't compromised. 

If there is no difference between "fanatics of all religions" as OP put it...matlab kuch bhi, don't want to be too honest with my contempt for such an assessment. Give me a Hindutvawadi or extremist Christian or Buddhist/Jain radical any day over a Muslim fanatic. I'd wager those loonies will at worst be as bad as average Muslims. 

And the only person making it a communal issue is you OP. And can OP shed light about the state of affairs in foreign countries? In USA/Canada/UK/Australia do they have slaughterhouses less than 150 metres from churches? I mean those people should have no problem with some blood, right? I would be proud if India can take inspiration from those countries. 

(1) It is not about the "slaughter houses", but the normal "meat shops". 

(2) Not every thing is perfect in the West, and thus wrong things must be criticized and not that they become a license for others to follow. 

(3) I have seen hell of good humans both in Hindus and also Muslims. They are my close friends. 

But at some point I see them preferring religion over the humanity, and here starts the disagreement.

Humanity is in all cases should be put above all the religions. 

Let me ask only one question to all the members who have participated here and criticized me: "Are you OK when Muslims bans others from eating/drinking in name of respect of Ramadhan?"

If you say ok, then I leave the discussion here. 

So, is there anyone? 

47 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

(1) It is not about the "slaughter houses", but the normal "meat shops". 

(2) Not every thing is perfect in the West, and thus wrong things must be criticized and not that they become a license for others to follow. 

(3) I have seen hell of good humans both in Hindus and also Muslims. They are my close friends. 

But at some point I see them preferring religion over the humanity, and here starts the disagreement.

Humanity is in all cases should be put above all the religions. 

Let me ask only one question to all the members who have participated here and criticized me: "Are you OK when Muslims bans others from eating/drinking in name of respect of Ramadhan?"

If you say ok, then I leave the discussion here. 

So, is there anyone? 

In India meat shops double as slaughter houses. 

Where is there a ban on meat in India, hell over 80% of Indians are meat consumers, in many states that figure is much higher. 100-150 metres restriction on butcher shops near ALL places of worship is the same as ban? I don't understand what you are trying to convey. 

36 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

What's the point of this thread? 

This madness should be stopped TODAY, as it could already be late tomorrow. 

In Pakistan, about 3 decades ago we never imagined to see the Fitnas of Taliban or ISIS or Sapah Sahaba and suicide bombings etc. We failed to stop this extremist Wahabism at time, and thus suffered badly and thousands of Pakistanis were killed at the hands of each other. 

One decade ago, perhaps you would have also not imagined of a situation where Gao Rakshak would have been doing such lynching, or there would have been thousands of stray cows and bulls attacking people and the crops. That madness was not stopped at the right time, and we see the results today. 

Germans were not Nazis, but they failed to stop this Nazi madness at time and thus suffered.

There are not only Pakistanis who are becoming extremely against India, but also all the other Muslim countries too.

And these are not only the Muslim countries, but all the Christian and non-Hindu countries are feeling threat from the Hindutva and the State of India is loosing the reputation and respect all over the world. 

And these are not only the remaining non-Hindu world, but the Secular Hindus and other minorities like Sikhs and Christians in India are also feeling threatened from this extremist attitude of Hindutva. 

Muslims of India are actually getting new life under the shadow of this extremis Hindutva and finding lot of allies and coming out of loneliness. 

15 minutes ago, Gollum said:

In India meat shops double as slaughter houses. 

No, they cannot as they are not allowed to slaughter the animals there. 

4 hours ago, MechEng said:

Great move! Hygiene is most important. 

Are you really truthful to yourself? 

Please read the article again:

//

Considering sentiments of people visiting religious places, minimum distance between meat shop and a temple/gurdwara/religious place/cremation ground should be at least 150 metres,” the policy read.

//

150 mtr is too close, specially if there is some big temple nearby. If anything, this is pro meat lobby stuff. 

Most Indian Hindus specially Women, dont want meat in and around their diet.

Discussion on this in some forum doesn’t represent true picture of India.

When it comes to meat eating, There is massive difference between India and rest of world. I doubt a non Indian will get it

19 hours ago, mishra said:

150 mtr is too close, specially if there is some big temple nearby. If anything, this is pro meat lobby stuff. 

Most Indian Hindus specially Women, dont want meat in and around their diet.

Discussion on this in some forum doesn’t represent true picture of India.

When it comes to meat eating, There is massive difference between India and rest of world. I doubt a non Indian will get it

Mishra Sahib, I therefore asked only one question earlier: "Do you believe Muslims are right to ban eating/drinking in name of RESPECT too?"

I wished you would have answered this question first before coming up with any other statement. 

All things start small, and then become mountains of problems after some time. 

(1) Use your logics, Bhagwaan and Allah are not limited to 150 meters, but they are over all. If meat is disrespect and insult to Bhagwaan/Allah, then all over the universe it is going to stay a disrespect and insult to them. 

(2) Women and all Vegetarians  should learn how to eat their own vegetarian food from the same table where non-veg is also present for the fellow human being. 
This is what is known as the SOUL of Secularism i.e. to respect the right of the others and to LEARN TO TOLERATE their habits which are different than yours. 

Once you have learnt to TOLERATE others who are different than you, then there will be peace all over, otherwise only killing and lynching in name of RESPECT of religion. 

(3) And all evils start small, and then grow bigger. 

Firstly it was asked to not to eat/drink in front of Muslim who is fasting. It was only a recommendation on personal level. But then State involved in it, and then laws were made in name of Respect and then small respect thing changed into the criminal draconian laws. 

First it was asked no meat shop within 150 meters of mandirs. But it is never going to stay at it and in next step minority rights were usurped by brining this law that the minority should first bring the Permission from the MAJORITY if they want to open a meat shop. Therefore, respect of Bhagwaan's Mandir now transferred to the "Respect of the MAJORITY" too. This practically made it impossible for me to have a meat shop in my area and my basic human rights have been violated. 

That is why it is very important to stop this theatre in name of respect of religion, and learn the true secular values i.e. to tolerate the others and live and let others live.  

^ You missed the point.Some People simply cant bear the sight of blood flowing into open sewer, chopping , meat hanging of the hook and flies sitting and smell.  Meat shop in India is not sourcing packaged meats. It full or partial abettoir.

This is not about religion intolerance. Open abettoir is simply not bearable. 

Still not clear, Think If you visit a Christian friend with your family. He decided to slaughter and cook a Pig/pork in dining room during starter, cooks it separately for his family in same kitchen as mains. 

If you/someone in your family ( say 8 year old kid of yours) gets put off and could not finish his/her food completely , will yousbe classed as intolerant for skipping next dinner party.

Accept it. Indian vegetarians cant bear sight of meat and specifically chopping and slaughter. If you still cant imagine or understand this in your head, You need to visit and live in India to understand what i am saying. Now you know how opposite India and Pakistan are socially and culturally. 

Problem with you is, You think everything has a religious angle. To some extent you are right, but there is more than religion in most peoples ( non Muslims)life which influences how they behave or think.

Because someone eats meat, doesnt mean vegetarian have waged war against them, Why cant meat eaters become tolerant of vegetarians and give up eating meat? We can discuss tolerance 

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, mishra said:

^ You missed the point.Some People simply cant bear the sight of blood flowing into open sewer, chopping , meat hanging of the hook and flies sitting and smell.  Meat shop in India is not sourcing packaged meats. It full or partial abettoir.

For that India already has a law that meat shops could not be under open sky, but they should be in proper shops in the building. 

If it is not enough, then this simple law would have been enough to keep the meat inside the shop, out of the sight of the people, and then open such shop anywhere, even within 150 m to Mandir/Masjid or in the Vegetarian majority area. 

But in present bill, the primary intention is not about the sight of meat, but about the RESPECT of religion, which they themselves made very much clear at time of presenting this bill (please see above). 

Accept it. Indian vegetarians cant bear sight of meat and specifically chopping and slaughter. If you still cant imagine or understand this in your head, You need to visit and live in India to understand what i am saying. Now you know how opposite India and Pakistan are socially and culturally. 

At some point people have to start tolerating each other. 

In Europe, there are plenty of Indian families who cook food with full Indian spices, while there are many Europeans who are unable to bear their smell. Unfortunately, most of the Indian/Sikh/Pakistani families live in multiple flats buildings, which make things more difficult. 

And homes of many Indian families are full of fragrances which are used in the Mandirs. And they are so strong that not only their flats, but whole story is full of that fragrances. Again there are many Europeans who are unable to bear this fragrance. 

But the Secular law states clearly that they should learn to tolerate, but they could not compel the Asian families to stop cooking in their traditional way. 

I think in India meat eating families (especially Muslims) are not getting flats in many societies it is enough to deny them the place (even against the law) while people have not learnt to tolerate. 

Edited by Alam_dar