Hindi Imposition and it's implications: News, Updates & Discussion

Lannister

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

Sanskrit should have been the standard   National language with all the other local languages including Hindi,Urdu etc etc . Being secondary language or state language.

Have no problem bowing down to Sanskrit and accepting it even over my own mother tounge.

There is nothing nationalistic about accepting Hindi as your national language.

Hindi is not even a local language or a dialect. A mix of local languages and foreign languages like Persian/ Urdu thrown in together. Now we have cringeworthy hinglish.

Why not Tamil then, as old as Sanskrit and still flourishing not just in India but Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa. If you can bow down before Sanskrit, you should have no problem doing the same before Tamil, a far more resilient language.

PS: Not supporting the candidature of either of those 2, English all the way. 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Our shameful ness as Hindus and the embarrassment  of embracing our essence and values started the day we ourselves declared Sanskrit a  dead language. Chutiya nehru was obsessed with Iqbal and other mofos.

Sanskrit is a very powerful language.  Shlokas and stotrams sound so powerful and impressive vocally. Mahsmrityunjay can give goosebumps who understand it bit.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Now why are you talking about what gold standard is? You said Hindi is a mix of other languages. I only argued about that. I don't care whether it is gold standard or not. Maybe people claim that because 44% people in India speak Hindi.  Anyway, one universal language or one national language isn't possible in India.

Sanskrit is the gold standard. Having a grasp of Sanskrit improves your grasp of your mother tounge as well. Once example I give is vvs laxman that idiot can neither speak or pronounce his mother tounge properly, neither Hindi is natural to him as a South Indian nor English which is a foreign language anyways 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Why not Tamil then, as old as Sanskrit and still flourishing not just in India but Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa. If you can bow down before Sanskrit, you should have no problem doing the same before Tamil, a far more resilient language.

PS: Not supporting the candidature of either of those 2, English all the way. 

Because my mother tounge is closer to Sanskrit. Also Tamil and Sanskrit are sister languages which borrowed from each other. I am not a language enthusiast but if you are why not learn both. 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Our shameful ness as Hindus and the embarrassment  of embracing our essence and values started the day we ourselves declared Sanskrit a  dead language. Chutiya nehru was obsessed with Iqbal and other mofos.

Sanskrit was dead a long time back, because it was never a language of the masses. It was prevalent among upper classes and Brahmins, and when invasions came it was the first casualty to Persian/Turkic/Arabic and whatever the Mongols used in the court, later English took that position. Sanskrit survived through Brahmin priests but no denying they were never great believers in sharing knowledge. Today apart from some religious hymms and rituals where do we hear Sanskrit?

Nehru didn't have much to do with this tbh, we collectively failed over many centuries. This is where one has to appreciate the resilience of Tamils, no other group (apart from modern day Bengalis maybe) is so attached to its mother tongue. And to think Tamil may be even older than Sanskrit !!!!

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Sanskrit was dead a long time back, because it was never a language of the masses. It was prevalent among upper classes and Brahmins, and when invasions came it was the first casualty to Persian/Turkic/Arabic and whatever the Mongols used in the court, later English took that position. Sanskrit survived through Brahmin priests but no denying they were never great believers in sharing knowledge. Today apart from some religious hymms and rituals where do we hear Sanskrit?

Nehru didn't have much to do with this tbh, we collectively failed over many centuries. This is where one has to appreciate the resilience of Tamils, no other group (apart from modern day Bengalis maybe) is so attached to its mother tongue. And to think Tamil may be even older than Sanskrit !!!!

How did Valmiki or Vyas compose their works in Sanskrit then. Both non-Brahmins.

Anyways Sanskrit is still thought in universities and people were studying it in the 30s and 40s. My great grand father and my grandfather both were Sanskrit scholars and taught that in govt. schools first half of the 20th century.

26 minutes ago, maniac said:

How did Valmiki or Vyas compose their works in Sanskrit then. Both non-Brahmins.

Exceptions.

Anyways Sanskrit is still thought in universities and people were studying it in the 30s and 40s. My great grand father and my grandfather both were Sanskrit scholars and taught that in govt. schools first half of the 20th century.

Should be taught to masses.

My maternal great great grandfather was a Sanskrit scholar associated with Kanchi Mutt. Apparently he taught Yajurveda to Mahaperivar (Jagadguru Chandrashekharendra Saraswati), since the student is supposed to bow to the teacher and Mahaperivar was prophesied as an enlightened soul at a young age he wasn't supposed to bow to my mgggrandfather who was elder to him. So they used to place a screen between the teacher and the disciple so that both never saw each other, only hear and speak. Sorry to bore you with the anecdote. Next generation was headmaster of a veda paatshala, my grandfather still had mastery over both Sanskrit and Tamil, my mother lost touch with Sanskrit (and in Tamil qualitatively speaking) and now myself a big zero in both Sanskrit and Tamil...Tamil ok I can manage to hold my ground (can't read/write sadly, will learn it one day) but Sanskrit LOL no clue. This is how we lose touch over language, forget our roots. All easy to blame Nehru or invaders but what have we done to preserve the language? My parents and myself are to blame here, so many summer vacations and Durga Puja holidays wasted away idling around :((

Edited by Gollum

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Exceptions.

My maternal great great grandfather was a Sanskrit scholar associated with Kanchi Mutt. Apparently he taught Yajurveda to Mahaperivar (Jagadguru Chandrashekharendra Saraswati), since the student is supposed to bow to the teacher and Mahaperivar was prophesied as an enlightened soul at a young age he wasn't supposed to bow to my mgggrandfather who was elder to him. So they used to place a screen between the teacher and the disciple so that both never saw each other, only hear and speak. Sorry to bore you with the anecdote. Next generation was headmaster of a veda paatshala, my grandfather still had mastery over both Sanskrit and Tamil, my mother lost touch with Sanskrit (and in Tamil qualitatively speaking) and now myself a big zero in both Sanskrit and Tamil...Tamil ok I can manage to hold my ground (can't read/write sadly, will learn it one day) but Sanskrit LOL no clue. This is how we lose touch over language, forget our roots. All easy to blame Nehru or invaders but what have we done to preserve the language? My parents and myself are to blame here, so many summer vacations and Durga Puja holidays wasted away idling around :((

Not blaming Nehru just calling him out as a English bootlicker which he actually undeniably was 

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

LOL. 

Given how B'lore voted in the national elections, there's a greater chance of you getting beat up than me in B'lore.

Why don't you give it a try. Let's not even go there. Do you have the balls to say that in your own state. 

6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

LOL. 

Given how B'lore voted in the national elections, there's a greater chance of you getting beat up than me in B'lore.

KA has very strong kannada nationalistic tendency, its primal very committed to the union morally and politically but Kannada nation is paramount. I see this stronger than TN. TN has more ideological difference with central politics. There is absolutely no chance for any anti Kannada activity in KA.

10 hours ago, maniac said:

On an off note though from what I have heard Bengali and Malayalam seem to be the closest to Sanskrit. I don’t speak those languages can any bongs and Mallus who are familiar with both confirm. @Gollum @Muloghonto @CSK Fan / @New guy

Malayalam is close to vatta ezhuthu, the proto south Indian ' Ancient Tamil' language. Telugu has more sanskrit.

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

Exceptions.

eye opening. my spouse is well versed in sanskrit me naught. I should encourage it more in my progeny. Note to self.

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Why don't you give it a try. Let's not even go there. Do you have the balls to say that in your own state. 

Yep. We who border the hindi states ( not just us, but also Oryas, Marathis, Gujjus, etc) are not snowflake pu$$ies like you sheltered dravidic ideology peddlers from the south.

37 minutes ago, Vilander said:

KA has very strong kannada nationalistic tendency, its primal very committed to the union morally and politically but Kannada nation is paramount. I see this stronger than TN. TN has more ideological difference with central politics. There is absolutely no chance for any anti Kannada activity in KA.

Any ideology that says a state is paramount more than the nation deserves to be uprooted, root and stem. Time to bring the insular south into reality. You are part of India, nothing else matters. 

Malayalam is close to vatta ezhuthu, the proto south Indian ' Ancient Tamil' language. Telugu has more sanskrit.
I keep hearing more telugu words than hindi words when I listen to Sanskrit.
Shuddh hindi might have more sanskrit words but hardly anyone speaks that way.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Any ideology that says a state is paramount more than the nation deserves to be uprooted, root and stem. Time to bring the insular south into reality. You are part of India, nothing else matters. 

Only the two are not against each other. Feeling strongly toward kannada nation is not againt Indian union. Kannada is an Indian official language, equal in eminence to Bengali or Marathi or Hindi.

38 minutes ago, nikred said:

I keep hearing more telugu words than hindi words when I listen to Sanskrit.
Shuddh hindi might have more sanskrit words but hardly anyone speaks that way.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

i feel the same. Telugu has lots of sanskrit in it.