How many WCs have you watched?

zen

How many WCs have you watched?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How many WCs have you watched?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/07/2019 at 03:00 AM

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

92-2019 and some vague recollection of 87

Same here but I recall key moments of 87. May not have followed all the games in 87 .... Most of us did not see Ind win in '83 so it is like 1 out of 7/8 so far :phehe:

Edited by zen

1996 WC Match between India- Pakistan  at Bangalore was the first Cricket Match that  I watched, inspite of being unaware of the rules or any history of Players,  mainly because there was a lot of hype during the contest. 

Later that year  I got introduced to the Craze of Galli Cricket and have been a passionate follower of the game ever since.

So for me,  its

7 World cups so far. 

Great Memories.

Just now, kubrickian said:

From 92. I remember watching a game in 87 WC in which Srikanth and Gavaskar scored lot of runs against NZ (later found out Gavaskar scored his only century) but not much else. 

I remember Sidhu's 6s, along with that 100 by Gavaskar :dance:

3 minutes ago, zen said:

I remember Sidhu's 6s, along with that 100 by Gavaskar :dance:

For some reason I remember Dave Houghton’s knock against Nzl. It was back to the wall and a tremendous innings. It might have been on a weekend that’s why my dad might have watched that game.

8 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

From 92. I remember watching a game in 87 WC in which Srikanth and Gavaskar scored lot of runs against NZ (later found out Gavaskar scored his only century) but not much else. 

Yes and I think it was the fastest 100 by an Indian as well till azhar broke the record 

Just now, maniac said:

For some reason I remember Dave Houghton’s knock against Nzl. It was back to the wall and a tremendous innings. It might have been on a weekend that’s why my dad might have watched that game.

Yeah, that one too .... Houghton also played in 2003 iirc as a coach/player ....  phenomenal cricketer .... if he had played more cricket, he could have been rated among the best esp. as WK-Batsman

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Also remember Chetan Sharma’s hat trick. For some reason I remember the Rutherford guy had a long nose, reminds me of  Pinocchio whenever I think of him 

Now that you mention it, I am getting flashes of it .... all were bowled iirc