Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stuge

West Indies Team batsmen lacks temperament

Recommended Posts

The way Windies batsman are playing it doesn't show they really want to reach knockout stage .Good skills ,but crappy approach was the reason why they lost against Australia and same can be seen against England now .

Edited by Stuge

Share this post


Link to post

Having looked at every team if England can't win this WC then they never will.  If instead of kedar we had yuvi at his prime we would have won this world cup. 

Edited by jf1gp_1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Having looked at every team if England can't win this WC then they never will.  If instead of kedar we had yuvi at his prime we would have won this world cup. 

Where is Dr Who's tardas when you need it .

In this fantasy world Cup of yours do the other teams get  a pick as well :phehe:

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, chewy said:

True, but England got a lucky toss win

 

Pitch under took out moisture and bounce,.Windies quicks just became cannon fodder

I think the point was about application than skill or who won toss. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I think the point was about application than skill or who won toss. 

True, but when did WI have application? Let's be honest they have been like this last 20 years

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Andre Russel's hoick today was probably the most irresponsible shot I have seen an international batsman play.  At that stage, WI were on the backfoot, but not totally out of the game then- a few steady overs and who knows, maybe they would have given a better fight at the least.

 

Instead the idiot looked as if he couldn't be bothered , just kept randomly going after balls and then- of course- he got out. He should be dropped just for that shot.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Andre Russel's hoick today was probably the most irresponsible shot I have seen an international batsman play.  At that stage, WI were on the backfoot, but not totally out of the game then- a few steady overs and who knows, maybe they would have given a better fight at the least.

 

Instead the idiot looked as if he couldn't be bothered , just kept randomly going after balls and then- of course- he got out. He should be dropped just for that shot.

He is a slogger not a proper batsman, what do you expect?  He does not have that temperament of a proper batsman.  They need to play proper batsmen.  Where is Darren Brao? They need him at 3-4.  They dont need to play all 3 of russel, holder and brathwaite.

Share this post


Link to post

True but they will be back when facing India. On any other ground, Rusell would have beaten the bejesus out of any team. All the smugness people are showing today forgot that a few weeks ago, they destroyed the padosis and almost destroyed Aus. Don't count them out.

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Andre Russel's hoick today was probably the most irresponsible shot I have seen an international batsman play.  At that stage, WI were on the backfoot, but not totally out of the game then- a few steady overs and who knows, maybe they would have given a better fight at the least.

 

Instead the idiot looked as if he couldn't be bothered , just kept randomly going after balls and then- of course- he got out. He should be dropped just for that shot.

He left his brain in the dressing room before coming to crease.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chewy said:

True, but when did WI have application? Let's be honest they have been like this last 20 years

You are right however unlike past they for a change have a decent side.  

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

You are right however unlike past they for a change have a decent side.  

Decent side, but to win they need to pick right players, right tactics, right squad

For e.g. what is Carlos Braithwaith doing in XI, this guy is not a cricketer but looks like some political pick, where is Darren Bravo, Keemo Paul, Lewis is.not an ODI player

 

WI is just like another Pakistan, will always surprise but that's it.

Share this post


Link to post

Not every team plays the same brand of cricket. WI is a side that goes up and down. They have a relatively tough schedule too as they face major teams early on. They were expected to lose to Eng and Aus. On the other hand, they won the 50/50 game vs. Pak, while the one vs. SA was washed out. Once their cycle is back to "up", they would be facing BD, NZ, Ind, SL, and AFG. They would probably need to win 4 of these 5 games to make it to the last 4. 

 

Teams like WI probably have more neutral followers than many of the so-called top teams. 

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×