Mindhunter season 2

Ankit_sharma03

5 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Preferred this season as it featured an ongoing investigation along side the interviews with convicted serial killers.

thats why i found it a lil underwhelming....i didnt go any beyond investigation and bill family issue. Plot like holden panic attack went nowere. Last time it was a lil more and all wrapped well. Last episode of 1st season was the icing , a bang to end the show ......this one ended a lil thanda

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats why i found it a lil underwhelming....i didnt go any beyond investigation and bill family issue. Plot like holden panic attack went nowere. Last time it was a lil more and all wrapped well. Last episode of 1st season was the icing , a bang to end the show ......this one ended a lil thanda

Well I clearly had a different reaction to the first season where barring the interviews there really wasn't much worthwhile going on. And even with the interviews, only the one with Kemper was memorable. In contrast to S2, there just wasn't enough tension as the criminals were already caught and there was not much for the viewer to do apart from being repulsed by their sickness. This time, the stakes were a bit higher as they had to stop the child murders with a killer on the loose plus it had the racial undercurrent so I liked it better. And we still got a couple of good interviews with Manson and the one in the car. 

On 7/31/2019 at 12:35 PM, Moochad said:

Not a fan overall of season 1. It was good in patches but too much filler

Don't know if I will watch the 2nd season

If you didn't like 1st season, then the 2nd season is worse. There is really only 1 interview that is interesting, but the actor they cast for that role was great(Manson).  Actually, that interview might have been the best one on the entire series. It is worth seeing if it is on YT. There was a lot more tangential family and relationship drama this season which is basically just filler. I think the show is running out of content and so it is going to run out of steam if they make a 3rd season. 

On 8/27/2019 at 11:54 AM, Tibarn said:

If you didn't like 1st season, then the 2nd season is worse. There is really only 1 interview that is interesting, but the actor they cast for that role was great(Manson).  Actually, that interview might have been the best one on the entire series. It is worth seeing if it is on YT. There was a lot more tangential family and relationship drama this season which is basically just filler. I think the show is running out of content and so it is going to run out of steam if they make a 3rd season. 

The extra drama or 'filler' is what I didn't like about the 1st season. I will checkout the interview scene

Overall, this show is great. Def'n a 8.5 for sure.  Likely have to wait at least a year for the next year which is quite a lot of wait.  One thing I don't understand, how even now there are lots of Manson fanboys for some reason. I mean the guy was a criminal..on which level does one become a fan boy. 

Btw, anyone notice, with Mindhunter's Manson and Sacred Games, there's that little connection with Krishna Venta philosophy. 

On 8/20/2019 at 12:21 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Series or movies based on absolute reality will always be a bit thanda. They can't create the excitement of fiction.

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Series or movies based on absolute reality will always be a bit thanda. They can't create the excitement of fiction.

They created plenty of fiction in the series itself to squeeze out content, ie the lesbian Psychology Professor, Wendy Carr. She's based off a real person who was a psychiatric nurse and married mother who primarily worked out of Boston. They turn her into a Psychology Professor to thus make her into a key member of the team rather than just a consultant. They turn her into a lesbian to create her relationship drama, as apparently a married mother with kids doesn't provide an avenue for content.