What is the potentially best ATG Indian T20 XI.

vvvslaxman

Can't believe Yusuf hasn't been mentioned yet.  Prime Yusuf was a quality T20 gun.  I will never forget the valiant effort he put in after Jadeja's shitshow with the bat in 2009.  The sight of Yusuf on his knees, desperately praying after hitting a 6, trying to get India home, was something else.

Assuming all players are at their absolute best - i.e. RP Singh in his WT2007 form, same for Yuvi, Yusuf in his 2009 form etc

1. Sachin Tendulkar (KL Rahul if you insist on T20I stats)
  2. Gautam Gambhir
  3. Virat Kohli
  4. Yuvraj Singh
  5. Yusuf Pathan
  6. Hardik Pandya
  7. MS Dhoni
  8. Harbhajan / Ashwin
  9.  Bhuvi / RP Singh
  10.  Y Chahal
  11.  Jaspreet Bumrah
9 hours ago, R!TTER said:

I'd put GG or Sehwag at the top with KL, Rahul also keeps & no BK :no:

GG has to be there, although Kohli is like a ++ version of GG. I'd have them both in there. 

Who partners Bumrah with new ball and death?  Not Irfan - not quick enough, he never was.  Only guy who has a case is peak RP Singh - the guy who only showed himself in that inaugural T20 WC.  Or maybe Ashish Nehra.  Appam Chutiya is not in contention due to his misdeeds.  I would pick Bhuvi over Zaheer in T20s any day. 

10 hours ago, R!TTER said:

I'd put GG or Sehwag at the top with KL, Rahul also keeps & no BK :no:

52 minutes ago, sandeep said:

GG has to be there, although Kohli is like a ++ version of GG. I'd have them both in there. 

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

GG is a crunch player. But not explosive like Sehwag (who was inconsistent) or kl Rahul. Yusuf has a case. But no spots left

Even GG was good in 1st t20 Wc after that next 3 t20 Wcs he didnt do well at all 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Even GG was good in 1st t20 Wc after that next 3 t20 Wcs he didnt do well at all 

GG is a tip and run batsman and score occasional fast 50s. But definitely an absolute crunch player. India would have never flunked in the world cup if we had had him open.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Another interesting thing we only discuss about Sehwag/Rahul/GG as opener.

Sehwag had a very Poor t20 record

Rahul is yet to be tested in wc but has an outstanding t20 record

Gambhir falls short for me becoz of Rohit kohli , with them u need a basher

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Not Dhawan. It clearly shows everyone realizes he is unfit for T20. But our management sucks. They will bring him back again.

nahin 1 namuna hai abhi bhi who think otherwise:p: