Trump has been impeached.

MechEng

3 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Not yet officially. Still has to pass the Senate. Which is full of Republicans.

He is still in the record books as being impeached, just like Clinton. But until Senate votes him out in 60-40, he stays President, just like Clinton survived. Nothing will happen, Senate will not impeach him, Dems just gave a second term to Drumph!

Pelosi would not commit tonight on sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate, which will hold a trial and decide whether to convict President Trump and remove him from office. 

“That would have been our intention, but we’ll see what happens over there," Pelosi signaled at her news conference tonight.
Why this matters: Some progressives have urged Democratic leaders to withhold the articles until Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell agrees to procedures for the Senate trial that Democrats have called for, as well as agreeing to bring in firsthand witnesses like acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to testify.

Pelosi said Democrats will make the decision “as a group” on when to send the articles to the Senate.”

Edited by coffee_rules

Dude its all a show. Everytime a president gets close to impeachment, its finally blocked by someone else. Its all a drama for the dumb masses. What the hell is impeaching anyway. Do you think Trmup will spend jail time if he does get impeached. And why are Indians worried about him getting impeached. He has done nothing towards us. Did he make india great again :laugh:

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

@sandeep So, you still think Senate Republicans will turn Trump in?  This impeachement is totally on party lines in the house, same will be in the Senate as well.

Honestly? I'm not sure at this point.  I expected to see at least a handful of Republicans to 'vote their conscience' or signal that they would do so.  By now, with all the evidence out there and officially recorded, I thought you'd see at least 4-5 Republicans who'd speak up.  I still think that there's a very good possibility of this happening. Senators care a bit more about history and their record, than 2-bit Representatives.  

Problem for Republicans is that Trump is very clear that he's not going to emulate Nixon, and exit gracefully - even if the Republicans tell him to do so. In fact, if they do it, he may go full loose cannon and burn the Republican party down with him even more than he is doing already.  Its a tough nut to crack, but I think there is still a chance that some deal will be worked out - For Trump to exit early, i.e. resign, he will need a deal with full immunity, for himself, family and business.  That's a big ask.  

Republicans are stuck between a rock and hard place - they don't have a viable path out of it where they can flip on Trump.  If they find one, he's going to be gone.

its all a show, now Pelosi is threatening to delay sending the impeachment articles to the Senate because she knows Mcconnell has no interest in dragging this forward and will finish it in a matter of 1-2 weeks. this was done by Democrats for 2 purposes

1) rallying their base, which has wanted to punish Trump by any means necessary ever since he took office

2) US Attorney John Durham's upcoming report, which is more than likely to hand out criminal indictments to many officials of the Obama Administration for illegally interfering into then Presidential Candidate Trump's campaign. DoJ Inspector General Horowitz has already identified 17 mistakes made by the FBI in pursuing FISA warrants against Carter Page, but he does not have the jurisdiction to question anybody outside the realm of the DoJ. However, nothing stops Durham from doing that. 

Edited by FischerTal