ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

Hope Tyagi is managed well and remains injury free in future, that's the key.  He is even better than Mavi and Nagarkoti in my opinion.  Akash Singh is also very promising. Mishra is a bit chubby, nothing very athletic . 

true, these are kids & if they are not managed properly may go the nagarkoti way.. we need back ups to the likes of shami & saini..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
49 minutes ago, nsareen said:

karthik tyagi looks like ishant sharma from the run up.. padosi forum has started speculating karthik’s age as he is cranking 140+ which as per them is an exclusive club only for the Pakistani..

His run up is more like Brett Lee than Ishant.

No. My first reaction when i saw him live first was reminder of Brett Lee running in.

what do you mean “No”dude?? it’s subjective , don’t think if you think he looks like brett, it should look the same to others too!
Even if tyagi says he modelled himself on brett, he still looks a 100% like ishant to me, at least the run up for sure..

1 hour ago, nsareen said:

what do you mean “No”dude?? it’s subjective , don’t think if you think he looks like brett, it should look the same to others too!
Even if tyagi says he modelled himself on brett, he still looks a 100% like ishant to me, at least the run up for sure..

And i am talking about runup too and no wasn't for you, it was for me. Even how he stands at the bowling mark is reminiscent of Brett Lee. Even his action is a bit reminiscent of early Brett Lee of 1997 before changing action.

This team looks more well rounded compared to some of our other u-19 squads. Number of very good batsmen each capable of hitting 100s - Yashasvi, Priyank Garg, Tilak Verma, Jurel,. The bowling resources are well distributed as well.

3 pacers who played y'day - Kartik Tyagi, Sushant Mishra and Akash Singh are all capable of hitting 140+ and move the ball at pace, In Ravi Bishnoi we have a classic leg spinner who loves to keep attacking the batsmen, and so many of the batsmen can bowl well - Yashasvi, Veer. All in all,  a very well balanced side. They may or may not go onto win the WC, but many of them have a very bright future in senior cricket.

I dont know if anybody noticed, Shubhang Hegde, could not bowl more than 2 awful overs.. You could call it nerves / breakdown / bain fade or something but he was clearly disturbed & looked like he doesnt know how to bowl. Eventually the captain took him off after 2 overs... Being in the front of the camera first time, i feel really bad for the young kid, how embarrassing it would have been after that performance, where the umpire asks him " are you ok kid ?"...

Thoughts? 

Edited by nsareen
2 hours ago, nsareen said:

I dont know if anybody noticed, Shubhang Hegde, could not bowl more than 2 awful overs.. You could call it nerves / breakdown / bain fade or something but he was clearly disturbed & looked like he doesnt know how to bowl. Eventually the captain took him off after 2 overs... Being in the front of the camera first time, i feel really bad for the young kid, how embarrassing it would have been after that performance, where the umpire asks him " are you ok kid ?"...

Thoughts? 

Nerves can get to youngsters in such situation. He will be alright in the coming matches. Good thing is there are so many part timers in this squad that a bowler coming up short will not hurt much.

3 hours ago, nsareen said:

Thoughts? 

He has played KPL so not first time in front of camera