Problem with Indian team

Old guard goes out and the new guard still suck. Same thing over and over again for decades overseas and it is getting worse. I know it is a generalization, but the performance of the team is a reflection of the Indian mindset Although these are sweeping comments, it does reflect a significant chunk: 1. Mentally weak. I do not mean something like depression, etc. I mean when the going gets tough, they just give up and wilt. People from some parts of India are better or worse, but this is in general. Basically lack of fighting spirit and a killer instinct. 2. They get easily distracted and highly susceptible to complacency 3. Unwilling to put in the hard effort and grind it out in tough conditions. When things are easy and going well, they are over excited. That is probably why they basically throw in the towel when the going gets tough. 4. Unwilling to take risks and be bold This has nothing to do with genetics, but rather environmental conditions.

Old guard goes out and the new guard still suck. Same thing over and over again for decades overseas and it is getting worse. I know it is a generalization, but the performance of the team is a reflection of the Indian mindset Although these are sweeping comments, it does reflect a significant chunk: 1. Mentally weak. I do not mean something like depression, etc. I mean when the going gets tough, they just give up and wilt. People from some parts of India are better or worse, but this is in general. Basically lack of fighting spirit and a killer instinct. 2. They get easily distracted and highly susceptible to complacency 3. Unwilling to put in the hard effort and grind it out in tough conditions. When things are easy and going well, they are over excited. That is probably why they basically throw in the towel when the going gets tough. 4. Unwilling to take risks and be bold This has nothing to do with genetics, but rather environmental conditions.
Who are you and what have you done with Danda?
Dandaroy, These issues get amplified when u throw star-gazed adulation and celebrity status at them (and these days also crores and crores of easy wealth).
Yeah, that is where complacency raises its ugly head. Indians in powerful positions have a sense of entitlement. It is obvious when I see a doctor here in the US and then see one in Kolkata. Not all are like that, but most are.
This is embarrassing because this English attack is not all that.
Conditions and situations play a bigger role than just bowling attack in cricket. In BD series, conditions made BD howling look like world beaters. Binny looked like another version of Steyn.
Its kind of sad isn't it that in the 19th and 20th century we has so many leaders' date=' thinkers, literary genuises who fought for our independence and the country has slipped so far...[/quote'] C'mon man...cheer up...it is just a game.Other wise we are fine. Thankfully the nation doesn't slip up and down based on ICC rankings.:two_thumbs_up::drinks:

Batting is very inexperience , thus the inconsistency . There was very little planning in how they where brought into the team . you cannot bring in 3-4 batsmen straight away into overseas tours & expect them to perform consistently . Overall they have done alright , barring 2-3 test matches the batting has been very good . The fact that our bowling is so poor they always seem to be under pressure .

What's the worst Day 1 we've had in England? -Zaheer pulling up injured Day 1 of the 1st test in England, MSD bowling before lunch - 8/4 in the last test, right after we won at lords and were pushing for a SERIES WIN (OMG THAT FEELS LIKE SCH A LONG TIME AGO) -or today when we are likely to be all out inside 100