Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

So what if Chappell didn't RD as captain? Big freaking deal. So Chappell thought SRT would be the right man to lead India to the WC, but wanted to first check with SRT to see if he was even interested in the job first. This is hardly the huge controversy SRT is trying to make it.
Chappell's job was to work with the team given to him including captain,whether he liked Dravid or not,he had to support him than causing rifts
I don't think $$ is the motive behind SRT saying all this now. He has enough of that. He doesn't need money from book sales. But to me SRT just comes across as whiny. Dont care to read the autobiography. But I want to see if SRT ever admits to be wrong about anything. Does he ever admit to a mistake?
Only if you cared to read the very first post of this thread. Dire.
Wouldnt have lost 4-0 two times overseas with chappel as coach' date='also losing in Sa And nz,wc 2007 format was poor just 1 bad game and we were out[/quote'] Yep with Uthappa opening, Raina one down, Yuvraj at no.5, and Irfan pathan as our allrounder, we would've have thrashed Eng and Aus 4-0. NB - Mohammad Kaif at no.4 as well. How can I forget him? :haha:

If Sachin is true, which I believe is the case, then Greg is a disgusting person. What kind of megalomaniac coach goes to senior player and starts the plot against the captain. Although Sachin could have kept it with himself, but not bad if such acts come out in open.

If Sachin is true, which I believe is the case, then Greg is a disgusting person. What kind of megalomaniac coach goes to senior player and starts the plot against the captain. Although Sachin could have kept it with himself, but not bad if such acts come out in open.
Sachin, just like Dravid, has always been critized about not being vocal about things which go on in Indian cricket to keep his goody two shoes image intact. But good to see him speaking up. Dravid would still not open his mouth, I am sure.
Sachin' date=' just like Dravid, has always been critized about not being vocal about things which go on in Indian cricket to keep his goody two shoes image intact. But good to see him speaking up. Dravid would still not open his mouth, I am sure.[/quote'] looks like goody will be opening up his heart which he closed it for the past 25 years :giggle: i am interested in what he said about kambli .. as far as i know kambli got pciked only bcoz sachin wants him but kambli backstabbed him later

Really looking forward to reading this! If any autobiography would be worth it would be Sachin's.

His method may be wrong but he did shook the senior players out of their complacency for sure.
Different approaches for different people. It may seem like the right method to let seniors know their place is not guaranteed but at the end of the day it did not work. It did not get the best outt of most of the seniors. Other more relaxed coaches like Korsten did.
More to do with poor selection and that was solely the responsibility of chapel and Dravid. They decided to play with 4 openers , decided to demote Sachin from opening ,save Pathan for super six and choose to chase vs Lanka in do or die game.
When you have the benefit of hindsight, many things appear wrong. I am pretty sure you must have felt team selection was wrong on many occasions in the past when they ended up being master-strokes. All the top Indian cricketers of the day were in the team, so one cannot hide behind such excuses. It was poor cricket all round. We need to just accept that and not make the coach and captain a scapegoat.

All of us saw how the so-called senior players got complacent towards the end of their careers and hung on to their places despite abysmal performances, including the great SRT. What Chappell was perhaps trying to do was to have merit-based selection rather than this senior player / junior player divide. Aussies don't give a rat's @$$ about seniority. All they care about is putting the best eleven on the field.