Sadagoppan Ramesh commentary fan club - For Kollywood Fans

Acceptable for ODIs. Would be inappropriate for test matches. Just because Ramesh talks funny at times does not mean he does not talk about anything else.
Why it is NOT acceptable for test kirkut? Oh yeah, needs to conform to UK standards huh? Have a listen to the stuff Bumble and Co. go on about - including commentary on the assets of ball girls. That is proper commentary huh?

It's color commentary. As long as Star Vijay meets its TRP goals while entertaining people, Ramesh will carry on with his style. Not everyone watches cricket to be educated. Majority of passive followers watch sports for the entertainment value. Besides, from the quoted examples, it seems like he likes to use analogies a lot. I don't see anything wrong with that. You have idiots like Arun Lal, who rambles on about birds, Harsha Bhogle who, with each passing day, is behaving more like a fangirl than a commentator, Senile Sunny with his Mazaak-zyaada non-sense last night. Don't get me started on the At&t of commentary, Sanjay Manjrekar :finger:. Point is, there are bigger fruit-loops in the comm box than Ramesh.

These are some of the gems I could recall... After Mooney came back to bowl after injury - 2nd overuku munnadi ooney ooney vantharu ippa marupadiyum Mooney-a vanthu irukuraru. After a Zimbok fielder drops a skier - Nani: Romba height-a pochi...suriyan velichathila pantha miss panni iruparunu ninaikiraen. Ramesh: Intha level-a ithu ellam pidikanum. suriyan iruku nila irukunu ellam solla koodathu. After SL make a terrible review - Anga paathinganaa ballukum stumpukum India-Ilangai idaivelai alavuku iruku. Athu bowler thaan sollanum. "Illa pa athu 10vathu stump-a adikuthu. Review veendam" nu. :--D

These are some of the gems I could recall... After Mooney came back to bowl after injury - 2nd overuku munnadi ooney ooney vantharu ippa marupadiyum Mooney-a vanthu irukuraru. After a Zimbok fielder drops a skier - Nani: Romba height-a pochi...suriyan velichathila pantha miss panni iruparunu ninaikiraen. Ramesh: Intha level-a ithu ellam pidikanum. suriyan iruku nila irukunu ellam solla koodathu. After SL make a terrible review - Anga paathinganaa ballukum stumpukum India-Ilangai idaivelai alavuku iruku. Athu bowler thaan sollanum. "Illa pa athu 10vathu stump-a adikuthu. Review veendam" nu. :--D
:hysterical:
It's color commentary. As long as Star Vijay meets its TRP goals while entertaining people, Ramesh will carry on with his style. Not everyone watches cricket to be educated. Majority of passive followers watch sports for the entertainment value. Besides, from the quoted examples, it seems like he likes to use analogies a lot. I don't see anything wrong with that. You have idiots like Arun Lal, who rambles on about birds, Harsha Bhogle who, with each passing day, is behaving more like a fangirl than a commentator, Senile Sunny with his Mazaak-zyaada non-sense last night. Don't get me started on the At&t of commentary, Sanjay Manjrekar :finger:. Point is, there are bigger fruit-loops in the comm box than Ramesh.
Exactly... We had guys like Siddhu doing 'supposedly' serious commentary in English on SS and Max... Ramesh's analogies are better than his