If Pakistan wins or draws the test series in England,will that make them the best team in Asia? May be in the world?

16 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

you can't be number one unless both india and pakistan actually play each other. 

So, we will never know the #1 side. Since, India is ahead of Pakistan at the moment in Test rankings, we are the #1 side in Asia. Period.

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Why is it so hard to accept that they are better side than us in tests outside Asia ? They got good bowling attack compared to our 5G hacks :facepalm: 

Cause they haven't really done anything we haven't done?

Got whitewashed in SA, dropped a test in Zimbabwe of all places, couldn't win in WI.

2 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

So, we will never know the #1 side. Since, India is ahead of Pakistan at the moment in Test rankings, we are the #1 side in Asia. Period.

Considering how bad our batsmen are at playing spin, I think Pakistan would beat us currently. However, I think we will be a competent side in the next 1-2 years

17 minutes ago, Viper said:

There win other day looked more convening to me than anything..

All i care is how Teams perform in ENG , RSA , NZ ,  AUS ( Sad enough it turned into Flat tracks still we couldn't win single Test ) Last 2 times we toured , Not that they did anything great there.. 

Actually it was a draw when PAK toured RSA in 2011 + They won there home series against ENG 2-0 (3) unlike us we lost at home + They beat NZ at home 1-0 in 2011  when we lost in 2013 i think + 2015 series was a draw 

There win other day was less convincing then ours at Lords in 2014.

Pak didn't tour SA in 2011. They toured in 2013 and were whitewashed 0-3. We managed to draw one match in 2013 when we toured SA. They couldn't beat SA at home in 2010 and 2013. We beat them 3-0 last year at home and would have almost whitewashed them.

The NZ team they beat 1-0 in 2010 in NZ was the same team we beat 1-0 in 2009 in NZ (Vettori etc). This new team (Williamson, Boult, Southee etc) that we lost to in 2014 Pakistan will play this year.  They managed to draw against this team 1-1 at home (UAE) while we whitewashed them 2-0 in 2012.

They have done better against England at home (UAE) than us but again we have done better against NZ, SA, WI etc.

If Pakistan manage to win a few more in England then they are better but as of right now they have not done anything we haven't done.

Also tours against WI should not be discounted if you are counting away performances. England could not win there last two times while Pakistan has NEVER won in WI. This summer we should win our 4th series in WI while Pakistan have yet to open their account.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

All i care is how Teams perform in ENG , RSA , NZ ,  AUS ( Sad enough it turned into Flat tracks still we couldn't win single Test ) Last 2 times we toured , Not that they did anything great there.. 

Actually it was a draw when PAK toured RSA in 2011 + They won there home series against ENG 2-0 (3) unlike us we lost at home + They beat NZ at home 1-0 in 2011  when we lost in 2013 i think + 2015 series was a draw 

Yaar, that England series in 2012 possible came at a terrible time for Indian cricket. And the NZ loss you are talking about, is it the tour of 2014?

Unless Pakistan wins another game, I am not ready to believe that they are the best Asian side. Their team has not even traveled to Aus for a long time now. And in 2013, they were whitewashed by SA 3-0.

1 hour ago, Adi_91 said:

Yaar, that England series in 2012 possible came at a terrible time for Indian cricket. And the NZ loss you are talking about, is it the tour of 2014?

Unless Pakistan wins another game, I am not ready to believe that they are the best Asian side. Their team has not even traveled to Aus for a long time now. And in 2013, they were whitewashed by SA 3-0.

You can usually sneak in a series win during a transition which is what England did in India in 2012 and Australia in 2010-11

1 hour ago, deathmonger said:

You can usually sneak in a series win during a transition which is what England did in India in 2012 and Australia in 2010-11

True. Also, the way we lost to Pakistan in the ODI series that followed confirmed the low morale of the team at that time. 

Now SL are going through that phase. Who knows, maybe Aus will win the upcoming SL series. 

I'd say no. They might become the best test side from Asia but they need to work on their batting, except for Misbah none of their batsmen have the patience and technique to grind out a long innings. Their bowling is best from Asia and among top 3 in world rankings.

Edited by MechEng
5 hours ago, Viper said:

It's their not there. Sorry to be a grammar police but it just hurts my ear. 

1 hour ago, Deewana said:

Nope

We already are the best test side in Asia thanks to poor competition with only india as our major opponents and we are much better than them courtesy our lethal bowling and middle order

But to be best test side in world u need solid openers and a world class All rounder unfortunately we dont have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Self proclaimed excellency award?

We didn't even claim that we are world beaters even when our team was #1. This is just based on 1 win. LOL.

9 minutes ago, Deewana said:

Unbeaten in UAE in last 5 years ...And have more oversea tests(Aus Nz SA and Eng) than ur side in the last 5 years...Winning 6 out of 7 test vs eng top..chasing 310 vs SL in 55 overs on a day 5 pitch ...chasing 378 vs SL in SL that too with only losing 3 wickets...winning a test series vs Nz in Nz ...whitewashing the number one teat side i.e. Eng of that time ...All achieved without playing at home

All this sounds great. But, most of your wins are at UAE, which is equivalent to India winning at home. Not considered anything special.

Where has Pakistan toured Eng and Aus in the last 5 years before this series? All your tours have been to SA (which you were blanked 3-0 in 2013 in Tests) and to NZ where you didnt play testsr. Just because the Lords test is won, doesn't make the Pakistan team the best in Asia. Some of the wins you are claiming against SL (which is on a steep decline as a side), England (away from home, without Swann and Panesar are not a force as they were in India in 2012 series).

Right now, tbh, there is no great team in Test Cricket in the entire globe. It is funny to be considering Asia alone as there is no one team that can win in most conditions. Source given below.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-new-zealand-2014/engine/series/742601.html

Btw, is this what is called an unbeaten record in UAE??? You guys lost the test in Sharjah against NZ in 2014.

Edited by Adi_91
1 hour ago, Deewana said:

Unbeaten in UAE in last 5 years ...And have more oversea tests(Aus Nz SA and Eng) than ur side in the last 5 years...Winning 6 out of 7 test vs eng top..chasing 310 vs SL in 55 overs on a day 5 pitch ...chasing 378 vs SL in SL that too with only losing 3 wickets...winning a test series vs Nz in Nz ...whitewashing the number one teat side i.e. Eng of that time ...All achieved without playing at home

You guys lost two series against SL in 2012 and 2014. We haven't lost to them since 2008 and have won/drawn three consecutive series against them. The test series you won against NZ in NZ in 2010 we did too in 2009. Even we gave a phainta to the no 1 team SA and the whitewash was only saved due to rain. In fact we have become 1, something Pakistan has never been.