Prithvi Shaw

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Nope, anyone remember Unmukt Chand ? Or Rayudu ?

Doing well in 1st season is nothing new in Indian cricket..kid needs to show he can do it for 2-3 years before we give him a chance.

Unmukt did not well out of U19 in domestic cricket. Neither Rayudu.  He started doing well only in last few years. That is the difference between someone like Rayudu and Unmukt to Pant and Shaw that these two have done well in domestic cricket along with U19. Other two did not do that in domestic cricket following their U19 performances.

Edited by rkt.india
On 9/26/2017 at 6:07 AM, rkt.india said:

Unmukt did not well out of U19 in domestic cricket. Neither Rayudu.  He started doing well only in last few years. That is the difference between someone like Rayudu and Unmukt to Pant and Shaw that these two have done well in domestic cricket along with U19. Other two did not do that in domestic cricket following their U19 performances.

Unmkut was a joke in FC; Rayudu has been comparatively better (although in recent times).

This kid is just so special . Superb knock v kiwis today 

want to hype a young kid in Indian kid . This is the one icf :phehe:

he is gonna score zillions of runs for India in all formats and I am proud to say I started first thread for him here on icf . The kids gonna be legend lol

Well...I thought he was good but wondering if he is that special .....

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Really these promising mutli dimensional players like Shaw,Iyer,Pant etc etc  need to given enough early  international chances especially in dead rubbers & against comparatively weaker teams   to test as to whether they have it in them to replace one dimensional players like  Rohit,Dhawan & Pujara .For instance ,as of now    Rohit with 43+ avg: is batting  in one dayers, who knows either one among these extremely talented youngsters would   straight away be a success and start avg:ing in the 50s .

But for that they need to be given enough chances to prove their worth first hand. The thought of Sachin comes to mind.He had to wait for 70 inns & 4 years to get his favourite opening spot in one dayers .Mediocres  Jadeja & Srikkanth  were opening for India till that time.

Shaw 

3 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Really these promising mutli dimensional players like Shaw,Iyer,Pant etc etc  need to given enough early  international chances especially in dead rubbers & against comparatively weaker teams   to test as to whether they have it in them to replace one dimensional players like  Rohit,Dhawan & Pujara .For instance ,as of now    Rohit with 43+ avg: is batting  in one dayers, who knows either one among these extremely talented youngsters would   straight away be a success and start avg:ing in the 50s .

But for that they need to be given enough chances to prove their worth first hand. The thought of Sachin comes to mind.He had to wait for 70 inns & 4 years to get his favourite opening spot in one dayers .Mediocres  Jadeja & Srikkanth  were opening for India till that time.

Trust the process, they say. I say twist it and get Shaw into team. There is no place to develop quickly than NAtional Team.