Indian "Liberals" claiming to be Champions of Science

surajmal

1 minute ago, surajmal said:

I knew you would comeback with this. Because quick Wikipedia mining wouldn't provide the answer. 

You would have had to take an aerodynamics course (even a intro fluid mechanics course would do if you were capable to extrapolate a few things). 

Clearly you have done neither.

Ie, a whole lotta hot air from you. Don't talk about courses you have no idea on. 

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

Ie, a whole lotta hot air from you. Don't talk about courses you have no idea on. 

People already know that you are a wikipedia chor. I don't see why you want to hide it. Just type, "tell me the answer"... I will do it. ( I'm nice like that)

4 minutes ago, surajmal said:

People already know that you are a wikipedia chor. I don't see why you want to hide it. Just type, "tell me the answer"... I will do it. ( I'm nice like that)

trust a Sanghi to fail to differentiate between allegation and fact. You and your weakling posse keep reapating insults till you actually believe them. 

'tell me the answer' to your irrelevant obfuscation, will serve nothing to establish or disestablish my comment. 

As i said, one guy called Bernoulli proves your 'laughter' to be nothing more than sanghi hatred being exposed. Already shown how 'thrust causes lift'. 

Run along now. 

"...using polysyllabic words and complicated constructions which apparently they seem to understand 'coz they talk to each other... most of the time I cant understand what the heck they are talking about.... Its all very inflated and lot of prestige and so on... has a terrible effect on the 3rd world. In the first world, the rich countries it doesnt really matter that much. So if a lot of nonsense goes on in the Paris cafes or Yale comparative literature departments..well okay. On the other hand, in the 3rd world, popular movements really need serious intellectuals to participate. And if they are all ranting post modern absurdities, well, they are gone....." 

Edited by surajmal

From a respectable padosi, but it endorses the idea mentioned in the topic:

Nevertheless, there are paradoxes and contradictions that Hindutva cannot escape as it seeks to banish Nehru. All Indians, including right-wingers, take great pride in their country’s scientific achievements. But imagine for a moment that Narendra Modi, not Jawaharlal Nehru, had been India’s prime minister in 1947. What might have today’s India looked like in scientific terms?

Instead of being noted for its exceptional space programme (Mangalyaan!) and brilliant string theorists (Ashoke Sen!), India would have become a garbage dump for every kind of crackpot science. Medical research would have concentrated on medicines made from cow urine and cow dung, the celibacy of peacocks would be under intense scrutiny, astrology would be taught in place of astronomy, and instead of teaching actual mathematics there would be Vedic mathematics. As in Pakistan, Darwinian evolution would be considered heretical and destructive of religious faith.

Nehru’s stamp upon Indian science can be seen across the length and breadth of India in the form of dozens of scientific institutes and universities that owe to him. India is probably the world’s only country whose constitution explicitly declares commitment to the “scientific temper” — a quintessential Nehruvian notion formulated during his years in prison. Briefly: only reason and science, not holy scriptures, provide us reliable knowledge of the physical world.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1402940/what-india-owes-to-nehru

So basically if it weren't for Nehruji, we'd be a bunch of anpadh gawar bhagwa tantriks ?

10 hours ago, Clarke said:

From a respectable padosi, but it endorses the idea mentioned in the topic:

https://www.dawn.com/news/1402940/what-india-owes-to-nehru

So basically if it weren't for Nehruji, we'd be a bunch of anpadh gawar bhagwa tantriks ?

Ramanujan credited his talents to goddess namagiri. Before Every launch/test flight, scientists at ISRO/DRDO do pujas and havans. Hindus don't have any problem conflating their spirituality with materialism as the latter has no bearing on the former.

Desert cultists on the other hand have huge problems holding conflicting thoughts such as their professed dogmas and science because the very foundations on which the said dogmas are based on, get demolished if they choose a scientific outlook.

This Pretend liberal is really a depressed Islamist. His description of this parallel universe where India run by RSS is a "garbage dump of crackpot science" is him lamenting about the Islamic world. 

Laugh and move on. 

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Why blame the ignorant padosis, when we have our brethren sharing the same views...It seems to be fram a hindu hating rabid pakistani...

This padosi is still a intelligent technocrat who has an admirable value system given his environment. It may be that he gets his opinions of India from his leftist buddies and their articles. I would think one should be able to reason with people like him. Ghose isn't in the same ball park in any sphere, but then our journalistic standards have been poor.

1 hour ago, surajmal said:

Ramanujan credited his talents to goddess namagiri. Before Every launch/test flight, scientists at ISRO/DRDO do pujas and havans. Hindus don't have any problem conflating their spirituality with materialism as the latter has no bearing on the former.

Desert cultists on the other hand have huge problems holding conflicting thoughts such as their professed dogmas and science because the very foundations on which the said dogmas are based on, get demolished if they choose a scientific outlook.

This Pretend liberal is really a depressed Islamist. His description of this parallel universe where India run by RSS is a "garbage dump of crackpot science" is him lamenting about the Islamic world. 

Laugh and move on. 

What I actually find shocking is the utterly insulting characterization of the Indian masses that so desperately needs a Nehru to teach them the value of Science, Math or simply knowledge in itself. If that weren't enough, a center right leader would simply drag all of us to the other end of the spectrum and make all of us a giant cult. 

Whoever comes up with these ideas must think real low of the people of India, who are so naive that they can swing between space programs and hocus pocus depending on mantriji's mood of the hour. 

Glanced through the 1st 2 pages of this thread and saddened to see so much disrespect shown towards the mighty Bongs. Ofc they are in decline as of today but you can't downplay their contribution on the intellectual front, which also directly/indirectly contributed to our freedom struggle. You can't wipe out 300 years of history just like that. Without the great Bengal Renaissance the Indian society today would be more barbaric and uncivilized than many Muslim countries around the world. Don't have time to write essays so quoting relevant bits from my earlier post in another thread:

On 4/12/2018 at 1:48 AM, Gollum said:

I have no bias, just speaking facts. Majority of our world class intelligentsia are from these 2 states...look at our cultural icons, social reformers, intellectuals, poets, writers, religious thinkers, mathematicians, scientists, Nobel laureates, Abel Laureate, chess masters etc, you will find that these 2 states are disproportionately represented, Bengal even more than TN. Read about the Bengal renaissance which awakened Indian society when we were in the dark ages----> in a span of 70-80 years they produced the likes of Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Vidyasagar, Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Lalon Fakir, Tagores (father and son and a few other illustrious relatives), Aurobindo, JC Basu, Satyendranath Bose, Kazi Nazrul Islam, Bankim Chandra, Mahalanobis, Keshab Chandra Sen, Bipin Chandra Pal, M.N Roy, Begum Rokeya, Michael Madhusudhan Dutt, Satyajit Ray, Yogananada, Amartya Sen and a 100 others !!!! Which other state has had 100s of such great people born in such a short time, no exaggeration to say that Bengal single handedly lifted Indian society from the nadir, gave it direction and inspiration and was the energy behind our freedom struggle, no other group has contributed more to our freedom struggle than this one group (Next time you go to Andaman go to Cellular jail, you will understand how). If you are interested read about Bengal Renaissance and if you don't agree with my assessment you can abuse me :p:

Similarly Tamil Nadu has contributed heavily in this department, our greatest modern era mathematicians and scientists are from this region. Ramanujam, Raman, Chandrasekhar, Venkatraman, Varadhan (only Asian Abel Laureate, highest maths honour which is a mind boggling feat!!!) and many others. Even the 15th world chess champion and the only one apart from Bobby Fischer who had to break Soviet hegemony to get the crown is from here. In fact look at the chess masters of India and a huge chunk are from TN and Bengal, only recently have Andhra and Maharashtra made significant strides. I rate TN below Bengal because the latter comfortably surpasses the former in the cultural sphere.

I am not ignoring contribution of others, I also said both these states are declining. Bengal has exhausted its quota, TN too is showing decadence...so may be in the coming years other states will pick up in this department. But I doubt even if they make progress they can equal Bengal of old.

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Glanced through the 1st 2 pages of this thread and saddened to see so much disrespect shown towards the mighty Bongs. Ofc they are in decline as of today but you can't downplay their contribution on the intellectual front, which also directly/indirectly contributed to our freedom struggle. You can't wipe out 300 years of history just like that. Without the great Bengal Renaissance the Indian society today would be more barbaric and uncivilized than many Muslim countries around the world. Don't have time to write essays so quoting relevant bits from my earlier post in another thread:

Muloghonto is to be partially blamed as well. He would simply refuse to admit that his facts might be wrong too sometime and incessantly argue over a non issue thus frustrating the other guy.

And of course his blatant hatred for Punjabis. 

1 minute ago, Stradlater said:

Muloghonto is to be partially blamed as well. He would simply refuse to admit that his facts might be wrong too sometime and incessantly argue over a non issue thus frustrating the other guy.

And of course his blatant hatred for Punjabis. 

I agree he can go a tad overboard sometimes.

4 hours ago, Clarke said:

What I actually find shocking is the utterly insulting characterization of the Indian masses that so desperately needs a Nehru to teach them the value of Science, Math or simply knowledge in itself. If that weren't enough, a center right leader would simply drag all of us to the other end of the spectrum and make all of us a giant cult. 

Whoever comes up with these ideas must think real low of the people of India, who are so naive that they can swing between space programs and hocus pocus depending on mantriji's mood of the hour. 

People of the book generally have a superiority complex vis a vis the non-book people. Its even more apparent when it comes to converts. They have to justify their “new” belief system, do mental gymnastics to overcome the conversion of their ancestors (which was violent in most cases). His attitude towards Hindus is really symptomatic of that. (You see similar nouns and adjectives used by Indian Liberandus as well towards Dharma. Which is why I say that they are simply an extension of chrislamists – native conspirators even)

https://www.livemint.com/Leisure/OZAtHxAe4xwoEYGPOpTdUK/How-to-defeat-a-rogue-nation-Find-a-bigger-thug.html

Manu Joseph posted his review of a book by Sujatha Gidla (a dalit –commie-christian). Almost comical to see his characterization of her. His family is old time Christian, Gidla is a new convert. Gidla is essentially engaged in a revenge plot against upper caste and to reach her ultimate goal – She fled to US – “to a bigger syndicate than Indian State. And that is the meaning of every dalit conversion to Christian and romance with communism and revolution – a quest for force that can stare India down.”

Weird, but totally understandable, dynamic at play here. New convert being put in her place by an old convert because the new convert is too blatantly flashing her new identity. Old convert is like, “Sit down, young padawan. You have much to learn.” 

Similar dynamics at play with Muslims – Ashraf/Ajlaf. So when you see why, so many new converts assume Arabic names straight away – its one of the methods to become at ease (as the old muslims are) with the new faith/identity (along with taking to even greener forms of islam). 

I’ve digressed too much. But, yeah. For converts, the confrontation with the natives is self-sustaining now (even if one were to turn the tap of poison from the source). They got to justify their being. Too much **** has happened. 

Coming back to Hoodboy's quandary. Since, he is starting from a point that Islam is superior to Hinduism and Islam has failed its subscribers. Only way out is to follow the other religion of the book - That got its renaissance when it abandoned (check - compartmentalized) its "bad" parts. So, How can hindus juggle 2 "conflicting" thought streams, while being a inferior belief system, when book religions couldn't.

Hence, he puts Nehru on a pedestal because he abandoned holy scriptures and committed to "scientific temper".    

Edited by surajmal

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

If the message comes from RW, then fight for junk food as well!

What is wrong with it? 

What exactly is she complaining about? Does spreading awareness about ills and harms caused by junk food on your body a bad thing now?

What sort of mindset is that?

On 4/23/2018 at 6:59 PM, coffee_rules said:

If the message comes from RW, then fight for junk food as well!

Egg should be in the right pic, how is it junk food? Besides no protein, fat in right side, only veggies and fruits...no balance in diet.