Indian players that perform poorly in domestic yet get long ropes in IPL

SecondSlip

I had high hopes for Surya Kumar Yadav, for ODIs and T20s, strong built, aggressive batting approach and handy medium pace and good fielder...but has flattered to deceive after excellent start to his domestic career..still young so has time on his side...playing on borrowed time and will probably not get lucrative offers in next draft

6 hours ago, chewy said:

I had high hopes for Surya Kumar Yadav, for ODIs and T20s, strong built, aggressive batting approach and handy medium pace and good fielder...but has flattered to deceive after excellent start to his domestic career..still young so has time on his side...playing on borrowed time and will probably not get lucrative offers in next draft

I still feel Suryakumar Yadav hasn't gotten many opportunities. The guy bats way too low - 6 or thereabouts - to make a difference too many times. When likes of Tare and Pappu Patel are opening the innings, I'm sure some franchise should've picked him to bat up the order.

Same with Deepak Hooda. The guy always seems to bat too low. Franchises have to identify talented batsmen and bat them up the order. You can't expect batsmen like Suryakumar or Hooda to bat lower down and make a difference consistently.

Praveen Kumar scoring a half century with the ball yesterday, now both Vohra and Surya scoring single digits. This is what happens when failures at the domestic level are picked ahead of performers. 

Other than better umpires, IPL needs better talent scouts as well :hysterical: 

Edited by SecondSlip

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

We have to check performers in domestic T20 , SMA Trophy for this purpose. Also some List A performers.

FC perfomers are not that relevant unless we are talking about a high SR FC batter like Pant. 

You are right Bhai, that's exactly why I made this thread.

Indian domestic players who excel in domestic LOIs (List A & SMA Trophy) should be rewarded with IPL contracts, not players who fail.

Players like Arvind, Harbhajan, Vohra, Surya etc never excel in our domestic LOI cricket yet they are the ones with IPL contracts while much better player were unsold and now doing nothing for these 2 months.

IPL should be Team India players + Top foreigner players + Top domestic players 

9 hours ago, Lord said:

Mandeep Singh,Mayank Aggarwal,Chawla,Tare

Mandeep - Good player in our List A competitions. Was highest run scorer in VH trophy last season. Also scored a match winning knock in his last match for India "A" in quadragular series final against Aus "A" last year. 

Agarwal - Has very good overall stats in List A which includes a batting average of 40+ with a strike rate of 95. Looks like he isn't quite international standard at the moment though 

Chawla - Agree, but looks like Kuldeep is cutting his rope slowly but surely :hysterical: 

Tare - Hasn't been given a long rope. Barely player for SRH last season and played only 2 matches for DD this season since Iyer was injured. 

23 hours ago, Bleed-Blue said:

:bow:

To be honest, I always questioned why Vohra is a certainty in KXIP.

But this was an outstanding innings and now I know why Sehwag rates him so highly. 

Rashid Khan who troubled all other batsmen this IPL was put to the sword by Vohra. That requires a lot of talent. 

Well done Manan!

3 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

To be honest, I always questioned why Vohra is a certainty in KXIP.

But this was an outstanding innings and now I know why Sehwag rates him so highly. 

Rashid Khan who troubled all other batsmen this IPL was put to the sword by Vohra. That requires a lot of talent. 

Well done Manan!

He still needs to add consistency to his game, but he definately has the talent.

On 11/04/2017 at 10:08 AM, SecondSlip said:

Another name to add! 

Rajat Bhatia - Oh boy where do I even start with this one! Is this guy really one of the best allrounders in the country!? I mean, I know Binny is bad but this guy is atleast 10x worse! (How is that even possible :hysterical:) Binny is a superior batsman and bowler than this guy and that's saying something! I don't think Bhatia even plays domestic cricket for Delhi anymore, yet he's been given long ropes with various franchises in IPL! What do they see in this bits and pieces cricketer! He's almost 40 years old yet he's blocking a young allrounder like Aparajith's spot in the Pune team! 

Check Bhatia's FC stats... Averages around 47 with bat, 28 with ball... How can a Binny with below 30 average is superior batsman? And Bhatia has been one of the most economic bowler in IPL