BCCI rejects Shashank Manohar's offer of additional $ 100 million

28 minutes ago, Stumped said:

No, but it demonstrates how there's next to no benefit to the ECB in having the ICC build an extension to their offices that will shortly after be demolished.

Sounds like more of a corruption thing where someone in charge is funneling money for construction and demolish.   So even worse.  ICC money being swindled.  

No, but it demonstrates how there's next to no benefit to the ECB in having the ICC build an extension to their offices that will shortly after be demolished.

So why should ICC contribute to building (and demolishing) offices for arbitrary cost at the expense of members .

It should be the responsibility of ECB to provide this.If not shifted to countries that can provide.

This is blatant corruption and swindling of money.

5 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

So why should ICC contribute to building (and demolishing) offices for arbitrary cost at the expense of members .

It should be the responsibility of ECB to provide this.If not shifted to countries that can provide.

This is blatant corruption and swindling of money.

ECB under Giles Clarke is as corrupt as they come. A sleazy character who had no qualms about jumping into bed with Allen Stanford. He even pictured himself standing next to a container full of cash. I wonder if Clarke visits his buddy Stanford in federal prison?

Sold their soul to Sky for TV money with the result that nobody can watch cricket unless paying to subscribe. And never been able to digest the success of the IPL while the ECB's own numerous T20 versions have been pitiful.

So corruption goes hand-in-hand with the ECB.

British are champions at looting. They robbed India and many countries for building their precious empire, just like US/UK are trying to loot oil and other resources from Middle East and label it as liberating them. They will just use different terms and act innocent but looting is what it is. Shashank Manohar is another chamcha/stooge, the likes of whom made it possible for British to rule whole of India. Shame on him and his master Sharad Pawar.

It's funny how people who support BCCI getting a pittance share and support ICC, don't realise how badly they need Indian cricket.

If India aren't playing viewership will plummet.

One thing I noticed here in the UK on Sky Sports, prior to big tournaments they will air a few practice matches on TV. You'd imagine they would feature England. WRONG! Most practice matches aired are India's matches. 

Sky Sports will be showing 2 practice matches prior to the CT this year. Any guesses which team features in both matches?

1 hour ago, Stumped said:

Well it would be a bit tough to televise warm-up matches that don't exist in terms of the champions trophy this year. Also as far as I can see sky aren't televising any of the warm-up matches themselves anyway.

Regardless of whomever is broadcasting, the broadcaster knows what brings an audience and in turn what brings sponsors and advertisers.

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

I have thought about this a lot and i think the biggest assholes in this are ECB and CA.They could have to a stop this restructuring nonsense from the beginning but they saw a chance to bring BCCI to its knees and took it.I have no problem with pulling out of the CT.

Of course they are.  They are the ones who orchestrated this whole drama.  Manohar is just a puppet.