Should BCCI send the Indian team to CT or No?

Should BCCI send the team to champions trophy?   

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should BCCI send the team to Champions trophy?

• Yes, Opting out isn't the solution. BCCI deserves its share but we shouldn't opt out.
    • No, do not send the team.

15 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

What self respect. Screw self respect, everyone has self respect.

As if all will respect them more after all the drama which has taken place by trying to opt out. Not that they need someone's respect but they have already asked for their amount, enough self respect there. Now just release the squad and play.

Screw self respect lol for what your viewing pleasure?

maybe let me put it to you this way....foreign commentators on Sky and Channel 9 will now start making fun of Kohli if he has a series like England 2014 and call him a FTB without any inhibitions because BCCI is not strong enough

simplified enough?

Edited by maniac
23 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No one denying the math, I keep saying we deserve the money, but if a rich guy calls a begger on the street by names because he doesn't have a home, thats arrogance to me.

BCCI is the rich here. If they try to pull out, I will call it being arrogant,

as simple as that.

Whats the harm, thats not even a big deal. Real thing is money and pull out than discussing the word "arrogance".

What's the harm? You really think cricketers play for the country a 100%....sure I am not saying they have no patriotism but do you think they will play day in and day out for free with no upside?

as in the previous post BCCI gives pension to every former cricketer and every FC grade 1 and grade 2 level cricketer has his life set...sure some money goes into the pockets of babus but BCCI has done some great things...so NO we need every single penny we deserve

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Screw self respect lol for what your viewing pleasure?

maybe let me put it to you this way....foreign commentators on Sky and Channel 9 will now start making fun of Kohli if he has a series like England 2014 and call him a FTB without any inhibitions because BCCI is not strong enough

simplified enough?

Lol how is that even related here. BCCI sending a team doesn't mean they lose self respect, just FYI. Change the thinking.

TV channels are not going to be happy if india pulls out. 2007 wc had lots of issue but early Indian exit did bring down viewership dramatically. 

Of course i want India to take part in CT, sure every board has ganged up and want a larger cut from our money. Its alright in zim and afghan get more money but i dont think they would instead PCB gets a larger slice, not sure i want that. 

56 minutes ago, Texan said:

Has BCCI published any policy around how they will utilize the extra funds (if they get them)? Will they fund more Olympic athletes in India?

Last I heard, they were still embezzling funds and evading taxes. Never heard them contributing to any other lesser privileged Indian sports. The top BCCI office bearers until recently were all politicians. Where are these new funds going? 

I don't necessarily disagree with the BCCI if they want to claim more funds, but show me how those are going to benefit Indians who pay their bills. If they can't show me how it is going to benefit Indians, then I don't want to see them hold a tournament like CT to ransom. 

Which is the only sports board in International sport that gives pensions to its former players?

Google it you will know your answer.

Or if you have visited an Indian stadium in 90s and in the last decade , then also it's clear.

17 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

How's BCCI a rich board when it cannot yet provide cricketing facilities at the lower level at par with South Africa and Sri Lanka, forget England and Australia? It's like saying India is richer than Australia because GDP is larger. Can you guys who keep repeating the 'rich BCCI' schtick stop this stupidity?

Its funny that many people here on ICF said a few months ago "ICC money is peanuts" for BCCI. if they are really peanuts, then why care so much now.

7 minutes ago, Azcricketfan said:

Overall it's not just about money. Most important one, they are going to increase the votes to 15. Once that particular one is accepted, bcci will not be able to use its financial power ever. Icc will be stronger than ever. After that it's either with icc or New rebel council. Bcci should not accept it any cost.

Yes, offer doesn't need to be accepted at all. It needs to be further negotiated, but at the same time pulling out shouldn't be an option either.

1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

How does it matter what people said here months ago. The fact is BCCI is among the poorer boards on a per capita basis and its rightful share is being taken away by others who are much better off. And yet, here we have you, droning on about 'rich BCCI' and 'moving on'.

Not moving on, I have said, we need to have our share. But opting out isn't the way to sort this mess. No one gaining there.

BCCI should make a stance on this issue. What last few months the ICC and other boards were doing when BCCI was at internal tussle is the real arrogance and back-stabbing to push India to a corner.

1) The actual revenue cut will not impact much in the long run given India can always get them with few more IPL matches

2) The biggest problem is the administrative change that is the problem here. Why should the ICC tell BCCI which country to play and sign a contract? Why are they poking noses inside the off season other than ICC events. The ICC can easily make India play Pakies or if we pull-out, we have to compensate the terrorists.

What is the need of increase in votes to 15 ?Agreed if all 15 are member countries but the catch here is independent administrator and women director? Why this change was necessary now? It has been incorporated not for development of cricket but for politics and vested interest of ECB and CA.

3.) The writing is in the wall here, .now every member know they can play around with India , the ICC can decide and make contracts for all the other members with series against India that for sure India has to fullfill or compensate them. How in the world is this fair from all other members? This is exact reason why WI,ZIM,BD and SL have voted against India starting here. The biggest losers cloud be the smaller boards who will become lap dogs of some countries now. Agree or not stonger India is necessary for the growth of game.

4) Bloody ICC if it was fair, why the umpteen meetings were held before coming to changes without any BCCI representative? This has been sleezy and planned back-stabbing from ECB and CA with the shameless bastard Manohar, who at every given oppurtunity runs away when faced with Heat. BCCI biggest mistake was bringing bringing back this idiot. Dare say even sharad powar could have been a better choice than this traitor

5.) I would want BCCI form parallel body similar body to ICC and develop cricket with AFG , Scotland, Ireland, Namibia,Nepal for time being. Im Sure fans will watch India playing new countries anyway the international matches already is very monotonous. If this happens im sure in a jiffy BD, SA, SL, WI, NZ, CSA will join this parallel body. BCCI and other members are rest assured of revenue much better than this model. Hate to say,what BCCI needs at this point is Lalit Modi and Srini to fight this out. To hell with arrogance

Edited by Bystander
28 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Which is the only sports board in International sport that gives pensions to its former players?

Google it you will know your answer.

Or if you have visited an Indian stadium in 90s and in the last decade , then also it's clear.

Googled it and found that even cash strapped PCB pays pension to its players. Google it and you will find out too.

And you think pension is at stake for getting more out of the ICC? Pension is a small pittance compared to the huge revenues that BCCI already makes. 

Googled it and found that even cash strapped PCB pays pension to its players. Google it and you will find out too.

And you think pension is at stake for getting more out of the ICC? Pension is a small pittance compared to the huge revenues that BCCI already makes. 

:facepalm:

That PCB one is for test cricketers .That plent6 of sport bodies does.

BCCI pays pension to domestic cricketer palyers.

So google it again.

The Manohar pimp got what the beaches ECB and ca want. It's game of chess. Hopefully BCCI put aside all differences and cut off the snakes who are backstabbing. BJP is spineless here they own many state boards can't control the pimp. Supreme Court what have you done.

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

:facepalm:

That is for test cricketers .

BCCI pays pension to every domestic cricketer

You said former cricketers, not domestic.

So, what is the big deal? How much of BCCI revenue really goes in pension payments? And how much ended in Lalit Modi, Sharad Pawar, N Srinivasan's pockets? I am saying this because I know one of the top officers who held a so called "honorary post" in the BCCI and honorary posts don't pay any salary. Within months of holding this honorary post, this nondescript person who has never even played FC cricket bought villa worth at least 10 crores from his ordinary service salary.

You said former cricketers, not domestic.

So, what is the big deal? How much of BCCI revenue really goes in pension payments? And how much ended in Lalit Modi, Sharad Pawar, N Srinivasan's pockets? I am saying this because I know one of the top officers who held a so called "honorary post" in the BCCI and honorary posts don't pay any salary. Within months of holding this honorary post, this nondescript person who has never even played FC cricket bought villa worth at least 10 crores from his ordinary service salary.

Retired Domestic cricketers arent former cricketers ? What the heck lol

BCCI is corrupt that's why we need reforms internally.

But India is a poor country infrastructure which needs lot of investment in cricketing structure.Hence needs the funds .

How hard is that to differentiate?

BCCI maybe corrupt but have have looked after Indian cricketers (Domestic included) past and present and improved the stadiums and upstaged them immensely in last 10-15.

Well guys just saw this - 

ICC proposed BCCI can choose the bilateral games, i.e. probably enough window for IPL expansion added on to money up to 400 million (Times of India reports up to 445 million). I think this one probably should have taken. I understand this is probably not fair, still, BCCI could focus on IPL if the bilaterals don't bother them that much. 

Waiting for more people to open their mouth ...