BCCI announces India squad for Champions Trophy 2017

Is the Indian CT2017 squad selection satisfactory?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you overall happy with the CT2017 indian Squad?

• Yes
    • No

56 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yes I will take Ashwin over Mishra any day.Sorry Mishra has never impressed me against big team either in tests or in odis. He has been given enough chances and if he was better than Jadeja or Ashwin he would have been the front line spinner.

Mishra was second spinner to be selected after Ashwin even in test matches till Sabina park test where he flopped big time.He is liability on the field also.I am not saying Ashwin and Jadeja are best odi spinners in world but they are still the best we got.Others are too inexperienced.

That's the problem. Despite being better odi spinner than Ashwin and jadeja, Mishra was always underplayed. Coz our selectors like to go with big names. Now Mishra is not a test bowler, should never be picked for test matches. Similarly Ashwin isn't an ODI bowler and shouldn't be picked for ODIs.

Learn from Pakistan, Australia and srilanka. Why don't they pick Lyon, Herath, Yasir for ODIs? How is a kid like Zampa the frontline spinner of Australia? Okay, if Mishra is a liability in the field, so is Ashwin. If you need a better fielder, go for someone who can attack the batsman like Chahal or Kuldeep, not an overdefensive Ashwin.

Edited by DDfan2017
11 minutes ago, Lord said:

poor squad.For all the aggro talks Kohli hardly makes any aggressive moves or backs youngsters

Even in Tests,only Karun and Jayant have debuted in 2 yrs.Both proving duds

One of the duds has century in debut series, other dud has triple:phehe:

2 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

One of the duds has century in debut series, other dud has triple:phehe:

Jayant has failed in primary role of bowling

Karun done nothing sincce 300,might soon be replaced

3 minutes ago, laaloo said:

If Karun needs to be replaced, then Iyer should get a couple of series. Best time is to select and play him at 6 against Lanka in August. I believe it's a 3 match test series.

Iyer should be in the starting XI for the SL series. Nair has been given enough chances.

4 minutes ago, laaloo said:

If Karun needs to be replaced, then Iyer should get a couple of series. Best time is to select and play him at 6 against Lanka in August. I believe it's a 3 match test series.

Iyer seems a short format player :hmmm:

I would go with Pant :yay:

30 minutes ago, someone said:

Would their have been any complaints with this squad had it been released 1 month ago? Has just the IPL has clearly changed some opinions? Surely, 1 month is too little to judge a player.

it surely tells current form

people are talking about players whose places were iffy anyway

Kohli wont be dropped even if he scored zero runs in IPL

2 hours ago, someone said:

Would their have been any complaints with this squad had it been released 1 month ago? Has just the IPL has clearly changed some opinions? Surely, 1 month is too little to judge a player.

We all had problem with rahane being in loi squad for long. 

2 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Iyer should be in the starting XI for the SL series. Nair has been given enough chances.

2- 3 test arent enough chances

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We all had problem with rahane being in loi squad for long. 

2- 3 test arent enough chances

It's more than 2-3 Tests. Nair has played 6 Tests and 7 innings. He has scored 374 runs in all out of which 303* came in just one innings :shock: That's as inconsistent you can get. Plus Nair hasn't exactly shown he can thrive overseas as he looks quite uncomfortable against pacers. IMO Iyer should be given a chance as he looks a better all-round player and a better batsman against pacers.