Notable Indian talent that has been wasted in IPL 2017

SecondSlip

I'm sorry to say but I don't agree about all this talent anymore. It's one thing to get tactics wrong a la Dravid and play somebody like Pant lower down the order but I don't think these players are as talented as ICF makes them sound. Surely IPL teams would've played them if they were all so talented.

I saw Gurkeerat in Australia and he didn't look anywhere close to intl class. Similarly I heard things about Shardul Thakur and I watched him yesterday and he was the worst pacer of the match and how he's on standby for CT is simply beyond me. Similarly with all the other hyped up players haven't done anything when they did get the chance. TBH we almost look like padosis crying about all the "tailunt". Most of these youngsters are too raw and nowhere close to commanding a starting spot in IPL. Folks who are near to the finished product do end up on the field a la Pant or Ishan Kishan.

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I'm sorry to say but I don't agree about all this talent anymore. It's one thing to get tactics wrong a la Dravid and play somebody like Pant lower down the order but I don't think these players are as talented as ICF makes them sound. Surely IPL teams would've played them if they were all so talented.

I saw Gurkeerat in Australia and he didn't look anywhere close to intl class. Similarly I heard things about Shardul Thakur and I watched him yesterday and he was the worst pacer of the match and how he's on standby for CT is simply beyond me. Similarly with all the other hyped up players haven't done anything when they did get the chance. TBH we almost look like padosis crying about all the "tailunt". Most of these youngsters are too raw and nowhere close to commanding a starting spot in IPL. Folks who are near to the finished product do end up on the field a la Pant or Ishan Kishan.

This i definitely agree but still you need to give everybody proper chances. A lot in the list rarely got chances. Those who got proper chances have shined. 

2 hours ago, Lord said:

Baba Aparajith is another one that comes to mind

Mystery of the IPL. Neither CSK not RPS played him. His junior statemate U19 boy sundar became regular but he still hasn't got a game. 

Maybe he is not a good player but still 1 match wont harm anybody. 

14 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

This i definitely agree but still you need to give everybody proper chances. A lot in the list rarely got chances. Those who got proper chances have shined. 

Agreed. But to say there are bunch of talented players sitting on the sidelines would be a stretch. I can understand one or two players being a bit unlucky the way Suryakumar Yadav is or Safraz Khan was last year with RCB but overall IPL teams will play their best players to succeed. IPL franchises are result and performance driven and surely they wouldn't sit players whom they think can win them the games on the bench.

whatever happened to armaan jaffer.  the kid's been warming the benches for a couple of seasons with kxip.  I know they have too many openers but still didn't get a game after the poor last season

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Vijay Shankar, one of the talents missing out according to ICF , scores a spectacular 63 off 44 balls, to win it for his side.

Siraj, another favourite of ICF, wins MOM after taking 4 for 32.

Unless chances are given, abilities won't be discovered.

If the players are talented, they will come through. Nobody will be able to hold them down forever coz its not as if IPL franchises have some sort of personal animosity with the players on the bench. It's all up to players how they grasp their chances when they get an opportunity. Siraj and Vijay Shankar have done well and will get more chances. Player likes Mayank Agarwal and Deepak Hooda have regressed and will sit on the bench more often. Bottom line is that it's not as if some uber talented guys are sitting on the bench.

Luck does play a role if you are in the right place (IPL franchise) at the right time but that's true for all professional sports and life in general :dontknow: Yes there are some iffy selections like Binny (thanks to his dad) but such cases exist everywhere and will continue to happen. For example I would be very surprised if Arjun Tendulkar is not picked by Mumbai in 3-4 years' time but that's life.