'Explosive cricket' not India's style - Kohli

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

but why the f is Kohli so impressionable, he is the captain of Indian side, he should stop politics and start devising a plan and building a team.

Maybe he is also happy with a strategy that allows the top 3 batsmen to bat without urgency and rack up personal landmarks.

Just now, sandeep said:

Maybe he is also happy with a strategy that allows the top 3 batsmen to bat without urgency and rack up personal landmarks.

may be that would be so disingenuous and counter productive all of them will have short careers.  

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

funny thing is yorkers from hell bumrah( given up getting his name right - bhumra, bumrah,bumhra wtf) did jack **** as well but still bowled better than Yadav the hack who did **** who was still much better than king od jack **** Jadeja who was taken apart. 

One of the problem was that Bumrah and Bhuvi bowled at the death with Umesh as the third wheel who leaked boundaries to never allow them to build any pressure. IMO Bhuvi and Bumrah should've bowled in tandem to bring up the Reqd RR. With Umesh leaking easy runs the RR never even touched 8.

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

I know I keep repeating this every where lol , but opening has become ridiculously easy in the last 10 years . Power plays and with all your wickets in hand you need batsmen who can start hitting from word go . you need batsmen who can make use of these power plays not waste it like we have been doing . 

Sehwag averaged in mid 30s , but that SR of 104 was far more important stat imo . Check most of our memorable wins and the impact of his quick fires made in those wins.

2003 WC match against Pak , he made 22 runs and I cant think of a more valuable 22 runs an opener has played in WC history . 

we definitely need someone like Pant .

Agreed. We need to revamp our strategy and have openers who are explosive from the start. I would take an explosive start from Pant over the solidity of Rohit. Odis have changed and maximising all 50 overs is the main objective and openers' role is not to "lay foundation" but to go after the bowling like Warner.

42 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Honestly . Can't believe the overreaction and panic after one loss . AmaZing 

we are worst of fans lol

after beating paks posters beating their chests . One loss and some on suicide loss.

can we show some sense and judge things over longer time scale then one frigging loss 

Its not about the one loss.  Its about the constant self-defeating tactics that caused the loss.

35 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Its not about the one loss.  Its about the constant self-defeating tactics that caused the loss.

Agreed. it was more about the way we lost instead of the loss. We never even looked like picking wkts or attacked for wkts. It was almost as if we were content to sit and wait for SL to implode.

If one team plays explosive cricket throughout the 50 overs

And another team plays explosive cricket for only 10 overs

And the pitch is so flat ( as is the usual case nowadays in most ODIs )  that too many wickets are not lost even while playing explosively 

Then which team will win more games ??

Kohli needs to ponder over this situation.

Just now, express bowling said:

If one team plays explosive cricket throughout the 50 overs

And another team plays explosive cricket for only 10 overs

And the pitch is so flat ( as is the usual case nowadays in most ODIs )  that too many wickets are not lost even while playing explosively 

Then which team will win more games ??

Kohli needs to ponder over this situation.

What I find galling is lack of match awareness by our team. In both the matches we left acceleration too late despite batting deep - we have Pandya at 7 and Jaddu at 8. In both the matches we got a solid platform but kept delaying the charge. What for? It's not as if wkts in hand would mean some extra runs for us. I mean we should rather be 343/9 than 321/6. In the first game we managed to score 72 off the last 4 overs but that won't happen everytime. Even in the last game we scored 104 off the last 10 which is pretty good. This means we are leaving the charge way too late and it's a cause for concern the team management is not getting it.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Did we lose the ODI series vs Australia?   Did South Africa smack us in our house?  Why did we lose those series? Did Team India, a historic batting power in ODIs, get out-gunned?  Dude, don't even get me started.

New skipper now . I discount results under dhoni lol

4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

New skipper now . I discount results under dhoni lol

If you do so then I guess you consider India a minnow who haven't won anything since 1983 :sad: 

If anything we've seen so far Dhoni was at a much higher level as a shorter format captain compared to what we've seen of Kohli in 2014 Asia Cup, against Eng in odi series and this CT so far :dontknow: 

Edited by Ultimate_Game
2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kohli is playing with same batting tactics ......he has better hitting personnel in jadhav n pandya so he shud ask his batsman to show more intent  

Man to man this CT team is better than the 2013 one. Instead of Karthik and Ishant  in the starting XI we have Jadhav and Bumrah. Plus we've Pandya as a pace all-rounder.

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

What have been odi results under kohli ? I am not even sure but I guess good 

Let's see... Kohli captained India in 2014 Asia Cup and didn't even manage to reach the final and it was the last time India actually lost to Pakistan. Then he barely managed to beat England 2-1 in a odi series at home. Finally we are here at this CT where India risks being knocked out of an ICC tourney before the knockout stage in quite a while after losing to SL.

So I would say the odi results under Kohli are definitely not "good".

14 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Let's see... Kohli captained India in 2014 Asia Cup and didn't even manage to reach the final and it was the last time India actually lost to Pakistan. Then he barely managed to beat England 2-1 in a odi series at home. Finally we are here at this CT where India risks being knocked out of an ICC tourney before the knockout stage in quite a while after losing to SL.

2014 is irelavant . Stand in skipper 

since took over peoper is what counts as can properly install his team ,  culture , ethos 

so results been good . Do not dismiss beating England by chucking in phrase at "home " that's kind of nonsense England press would chuck around and say . Eng dammn good odi team and that was good result 

28 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Man to man this CT team is better than the 2013 one. Instead of Karthik and Ishant  in the starting XI we have Jadhav and Bumrah. Plus we've Pandya as a pace all-rounder.

17 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Truth bombs.  Kryptonite for the Dhoni Haters.  

End of day we are good odi team . Not exceptional ( although when kohli is firing ) and not unbeatable ( not sure why people think we should be ). We are not rubbish and not pathetic 

yes after this ct tweeks will happen and new players creep in . Whoselae changes not needed and silly to want 

we have blooded new players . Jadhav and pandya and it takes time . Slowly more willl come in if earn it and if existing guys merit dropping . Pant for dhoni would be obvious first move .