Why did we choose to bowl first on such a flat pitch ?

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

There is a huge difference between bilateral series games, league stage games and an ICC Tournament final against Pakistan.

I think chasing 340 in finals is almost impossible.I agree Pak is worst chasing side currently and we gave them a gift.But still if we had bowled well we would have won.Pak was lucky today.

On such a flat track , why would you not bat first ?   Pakistan is known to chase horribly , they are known to fail under pressure - why not make them chase ?

Is Kohli so stubborn that he had made up his mind to chase regardless of the pitch and batting conditions ?

Batting second was not a bad decision afterall. We have to accept that our execution was not good enough. So many extras, missed runout chances, brainfade captaincy moments, etc let pakistanis to score 340 which was too much in the end. Their batting fluked their way to 340 and their bowling was top notch. Amir clearly outbowled everyone against gun of the top order of Indian side.

3 minutes ago, CG said:

Chalo we can't change this match ,Let's hope Kohli learns from  this mistake and learns the good old cricket rule that you win toss think twice thrice but still bat first .

Yes, it's consider almost golden rule in cricket that you always bat first in final. No matter how good a team is, pressure of final gets to even greats.

Just like how follow on trend ended in 2000s, I think this match will end almost any doubt that teams have about batting first in a final for next 10 years.

21 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Yes, it's consider almost golden rule in cricket that you always bat first in final. No matter how good a team is, pressure of final gets to even greats.

Just like how follow on trend ended in 2000s, I think this match will end almost any doubt that teams have about batting first in a final for next 10 years.

BS. You dont win matches with stats and historial records. Every tread can and will be broken.