How do Indian's rank this defeat?

Most hurtful since WC '07. I don't know how much time it will take to get over this.

I don't know why but how much I try I can't feel sad and disheartened. This is not even in my worst 10 failures. :(

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

I don't know why but how much I try I can't feel sad and disheartened. This is not even in my worst 10 failures. :(

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

Same here. Not at all feel for the loss of trophy, just a lil sad because beaten by Pakistan, but thats about it. I think somewhee deep down, i resented team selection or may be didnt value CT much.

Worst pain in this order

1. WC 2003

2. Chennai test, wc 1996 exit

3. Monkey gate test

4. WC T20 2012 Uv trolled

5. WC 2007 exit

6. Chris cairns CT final troll

7. WC 2015 SF loss

8. Dhoni getting us humiliated in overseas tests in 2 rounds NZ Australia English and saf

Compared to all these yesterday wasnt painful becoz none of the current Indian players are my heroes unlike sachin dada Dravidian vvs Kumble - their pain was my pain

Today my mind is free without any pain ... Iam serious

Not happy that Ind lost but can shrug the defeat off 

The reasons being that I had not expected the team to advance beyond SF if a stronger team from Grp A had qualified. BD made it relatively easier for Ind 

The reason for not expecting the team to advance beyond SF is that when the squad was announced it appeared that some of the players were chosen on reputation, a la 2003 Pak WC squad 

Despite playing 11 selection blunders, the team was still good enough to beat Pak. Pak had to play almost flawless cricket including its key bowler picking up 3 early wkts. Luck also appeared to be on Pak side on the day

This is more like once in a decade or even generation performance by Pak. That is how good it needs to play to beat Ind in big games, along with Ind not picking its best 11

Credit to Pak for playing well

Edited by zen

Honestly, I was on the verge of tears! I mean it's fine losing games of cricket, it happens. It's fine losing to Pakistan, it happens.

But to lose to Pakistan and that to in a final of a major tournament, which we were defending, amplified the defeat.

We were so confident, we always beat Pakistan, it would be a cakewalk. Their batting is **** and our batting would smack 350+. The fans leaving early, some of the signs in the stadium were even taking the piss out of Pakistan. 

And then, we didn't just lose, we got absoloutely humiliated and trounced! 180 runs! 180 runs! That's three trebles on a dartboard ffs!!! Has there ever been such a big margain of victory in a Pak v Ind encounter before? If not for Pandya, it would have been a defeat by 200+ plus runs! To our arch rivals!

Not acceptable and up there with 96 SF and 2007 humiliation. 

The embarrassment, the humiliation I had to experience yesterday is something I will never forget. This was in our hands, both hands were already on the trophy, we just needed to lift it

Team india, I hope you are reading this because you broke my heart, my passion and my reason to keep moving forward in life. I needed motivation from you guys to keep me going in life. You didn't screwed me, you screwed the entire great nation of India. You shameless bunch should forget about coming back anytime soon. Be glad that your going straight to West Indies because you aren't worthy of stepping foot on the mothers soil

I don't know how long will it take for me to come out of my shell but its going to be a long time, that's what I know. Kohli you are the worst indian captain. Give your captaincy back to Dhoni. This is all karma, you BCCI disrespected Dhoni and this is what you get for doing that

a spoiled brat can never be a leader and that's what is Kohli. All you accolades are down the toilet. You always fail in Finals for us when it matters the most. Pakistani team gave you a life and you wasted it. Shame on you

I'm ashamed of myself and my team 

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

This defeat was so painful for me personally that I have lost interest in the game. I don't think I can gather the courage to watch a cricket match for a long long time. We have some big test series' overseas in the next 2 years but I am done with cricket. Soul sucking day yesterday. 

Ro mat yaar :((  we had lots of painful days as such. So be positive yaar.

Very high. There is little chance of we meeting Pakistan again in an ICC tournament final again.  We were super confident of our victory, to a degree of arrogance. The captain looked clueless and under pressure. Wrong team selections shows either favoritism or lack of ability to read the pitch. A false sense of belief on our batting as a whole. To add a thrashing by 180 runs in a final is huge.

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye
1 hour ago, Hyderabadi Tiger said:

The embarrassment, the humiliation I had to experience yesterday is something I will never forget. This was in our hands, both hands were already on the trophy, we just needed to lift it

Team india, I hope you are reading this because you broke my heart, my passion and my reason to keep moving forward in life. I needed motivation from you guys to keep me going in life. You didn't screwed me, you screwed the entire great nation of India. You shameless bunch should forget about coming back anytime soon. Be glad that your going straight to West Indies because you aren't worthy of stepping foot on the mothers soil

I don't know how long will it take for me to come out of my shell but its going to be a long time, that's what I know. Kohli you are the worst indian captain. Give your captaincy back to Dhoni. This is all karma, you BCCI disrespected Dhoni and this is what you get for doing that

a spoiled brat can never be a leader and that's what is Kohli. All you accolades are down the toilet. You always fail in Finals for us when it matters the most. Pakistani team gave you a life and you wasted it. Shame on you

So sad what this one result has done, we had this :( 

1 hour ago, Hyderabadi Tiger said:

A bit over the top ? It hurts I understands but come on ....