Anil Kumble steps down as coach

26 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

I don't think you understood what I meant...

I am talking about man's history... He isn't the nicest ethical gentelman he himself portrays ... There are some very obvious grey shady signs with him.. The less we talk about him never talking about matchfixing of Azhar, Jadeja, Manjrekas the better.. He was part of the team of 90s but he never came out with the truth...

I don't want to talk more about his character as it is not the best time.. The man is down and its not fair on his side... but please, nothing against Kohli please.. He is also down and out.. Lets not keep talkign cr@@p about him...  I personally can't stand this hate for Kohli.. Kohli is 100 times more player than Kumble, and has given us more in 6 years than Kumble has given in his entire career...

This is too much now. Match fixing accusations and all is just bullsheet. 

And no, Kohli is not 100 times the player Kumble was. That is just delusional.

Having said that, Kumble made a mistake by opening the can of worms in public. This puts all blame on Kohli for the so called fallout and it is completely unprofessional thing to do. Damn, WTF is wrong with these people. This is ridiculous.

54 minutes ago, Late Cut said:

That's what you need to excel. If you want mediocrity you can surround yourself with lazy fatsos like sehwag.

Totally agree.  But, a coach or manager must also find a way to motivate the players.  Coax, cajole, sweet-talk.  If you cannot reach them, you lose them.  

Just now, Shunya said:

This is too much now. Match fixing accusations and all is just bullsheet. 

And no, Kohli is not 100 times the player Kumble was. That is just delusional.

Having said that, Kumble made a mistake by opening the can of worms in public. This puts all blame on Kohli for the so called fallout and it is completely unprofessional thing to do. Damn, WTF is wrong with these people. This is ridiculous.

You are correct..I went way too far on that match fixing stuff..my apologies

I guess that hate from Dhoni pony fans and bandwagoners got to my head.. I can now understandwhat Smith must have felt leading Pune when Dhoni fans abused him day in day out and gave Dhoni all the credit fir Smiths tacticseven though the same Dhonis team was number 7 team in 2016 IPL....

You put it in simple straight point.. Kumble should never have written this letter, specially, not putting all the blame on Kohli.. Kohli is already down and under the heat by the media and Dhoni fans... this letter is highly UNPROFESSIONAL

3 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Kumble's letter did not need to include the captain or the captain's issues with him (Kumble) at all.

A simple resignation citing personal reasons would have been sufficient. A few public parting shots before going down was unnecessary. 

The more I read about this the more I feel that Kumble played smart to gain sympathy of people by resigning and including that letter. 

Also he tried to be over-smart by resigning right now because there was no way in hell he was getting relected after windies tour.

Kumble is a legend but he is not totaly "Right" here.

18 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

I guess that hate from Dhoni pony fans and bandwagoners got to my head.. I can now understandwhat Smith must have felt leading Pune when Dhoni fans abused him day in day out and gave Dhoni all the credit fir Smiths tacticseven though the same Dhonis team was number 7 team in 2016 IPL....

You put it in simple straight point.. Kumble should never have written this letter, specially, not putting all the blame on Kohli.. Kohli is already down and under the heat by the media and Dhoni fans... this letter is highly UNPROFESSIONAL

I am a Dhoni fan :bumsmack:

Look I like Virat Kohli. He is a gun batsman, but he needs to improve his captaincy skills and be a little more mature with his people skills. There is lot of power being given to him and he has to be responsible. I am expecting couple of WCs under his belt by the time he retires. 

8 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Hard to sympathize with the players.  Didn't they complain to the board about Duncan Fletcher too? And now Kumble. Chappell is from the past era, so no point including him.

And after Kumble's letter, I feel like he isn't as holy as I initially thought.

True. I was more sympathetic to Kumble before he published his resignation letter in public. Now it all looks murky.

In any case, I am glad that we have matches this weekend itself to get over all this.

1 minute ago, Shunya said:

I am a Dhoni fan :bumsmack:

Look I like Virat Kohli. He is a gun batsman, but he needs to improve his captaincy skills and be a little more mature with his people skills. There is lot of power being given to him and he has to be responsible. I am expecting couple of WCs under his belt by the time he retires. 

Hahaha.. You are one of the very few Dhoni fans who think about India first...These Dhoni fans really need to learn from you.. Don't know why they get so insecure about Dhoni.. I am pretty sure even Dhoni himself enjoys playing under Kohli but Dhoni fans are so insecure that in order to make Dhoni look invincible, they have to abuse or hate other captains like Smith and Kohli... Think about India first guys!!

Regardless, I am a Dhoni fan too..

27 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Some dhoni fans are pro Kohli on this issue since dhoni was equally authoritative.They need to justify it by saying Indian team is only about Captain and its okay for coach and others to be his toys.

Edited by Pollack
2 hours ago, nevada said:

Regarding the headmaster allegation - in his early days as coach Kumble insisted on all players showing up at the team bus on time. Late comers were supposed to pay a fine which would be collected by one of the players(I think it was Dhawan at first, maybe changed to another player later I don't know) and the money thus collected would be given to charity. Looks like the players were late too often and didn't like losing out too much money in fines. 

This is most definitely not a Kumble rule.  This rule was in place for Team India for a very long time.  Suresh Raina told me and a few more fans about this rule when he was captain on the West Indies tour in 2011.  He was getting late for the bus, and tried to explain to eager fans that he was captain, and he has extra responsibility to be on time.  

26 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

The more I read about this the more I feel that Kumble played smart to gain sympathy of people by resigning and including that letter. 

Also he tried to be over-smart by resigning right now because there was no way in hell he was getting relected after windies tour.

Kumble is a legend but he is not totaly "Right" here.

I don't know what' so wrong about this letter - Kumble is clearly being pushed out of his job - a job that he worked hard to get and wanted to keep.  Why is he under obligation to keep it a secret that the Captain didn't like his style?   What exactly has he said in this letter that is "unprofessional".   He has his own reputation to keep,  and the least a man is entitled to do, is to put forward his case in a diplomatic manner.   

I don't see any issue here.  Its not as if he's going on TV channels and bashing Kohli.  If he does that, I will be the first to criticize him.   Nothing wrong with his resignation letter.   

If Virat or any other player wanted AK gone for legitimate reasons, then man up and say something.  This sad whisper campaign about Kumble's headmaster attitude and all that is what's unprofessional.  

Edited by sandeep
6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I don't know what' so wrong about this letter - Kumble is clearly being pushed out of his job - a job that he worked hard to get and wanted to keep.  Why is he under obligation to keep it a secret that the Captain didn't like his style?   What exactly has he said in this letter that is "unprofessional".   He has his own reputation to keep,  and the least a man is entitled to do, is to put forward his case in a diplomatic manner.   

I don't see any issue here.  Its not as if he's going on TV channels and bashing Kohli.  If he does that, I will be the first to criticize him.   Nothing wrong with his resignation letter.   

If Virat or any other player wanted AK gone for legitimate reasons, then man up and say something.  This sad whisper campaign about Kumble's headmaster attitude and all that is what's unprofessional.  

Nothing unprofessional to me personally but its only for public to see and ensure they do not make too much out of one's reisgnstion and pass any judgement on either party.

I am just keeping it simple and transparent for those who are bashing Kohli because Kumble has quit. Many are just bashing Kohli because they feel Kohli is on the wrong just because Kumble is quitting. Thats not the way we should look at things, thats all. 

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I agree .  Well  you leak all these stories of about unsavory things about coach and then expect the poor guy should send a resignation letter 

patting the back of that arrogant brat  . AK is right in pointing out why he did not continue even when CAC wanted him to do so. 

5 hours ago, veer said:

What a logic you have there.. jeez..

Ofcourse you won't mind... Kohli is from Delhi afterall.. I wasnt believing when others used to say you are bias towards Delhi players.. but you clearly are..

I like ticz overall as a poster but its undeniable his behind licking of every dilli/punjabi player. He is indeed a dilli punjabi fanatic. Despite that, i do like his non behind licking posts and hope he reduces his bias in future

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Nothing unprofessional to me personally but its only for public to see and ensure they do not make too much out of one's reisgnstion and pass any judgement on either party.

I am just keeping it simple and transparent for those who are bashing Kohli because Kumble has quit. Many are just bashing Kohli because they feel Kohli is on the wrong just because Kumble is quitting. Thats not the way we should look at things, thats all. 

Kumble is not "quitting".  He was forced out due to the Captain's "reservations".   VK can't have his cake and eat it.  He doesn't want Kumble as coach, and doesn't want to take direct responsibility for it.  That's BS.   And so is pretending to accept it.  

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

This does not look so simple 

""

The more I read about this the more I feel that Kumble played smart to gain sympathy of people by resigning and including that lett

""