Anil Kumble steps down as coach

1 hour ago, Yoda-esque said:

Wth, Kohli deleted his tweet..:rofl:

This man is such a baby!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What more you expect? Professionalism from the team gone the day Dhoni stepped down.

Kohli should never been the captain. Best player does not necessarily mean he has to be captain. I thought we learned this lesson long back during Tendulkar era.

Pressure on Virat Kohli after Anil Kumble exit: BCCI official

NEW DELHI: After head coach Anil Kumble's exit on Tuesday following long-running disagreements with Virat Kohli, the pressure has fallen squarely on the captain. A top BCCI official said that Kohli will have to ensure that the team delivers under him, else, he too would have to face the music. "It has been given to understand that Kohli eventually had the veto power on the coach issue which pushed Kumble out of the team. Now that he has his way, he has to deliver as captain. Otherwise, he had it," the official told TOI.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-west-indies/pressure-on-virat-kohli-after-anil-kumble-exit/articleshow/59263004.cms

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

As per new reports, Kumble wanted to bat first against Pak in the finals. It seems like Kohli alone made the decisions with respect to toss and the team selections. He was in no position to listen to the coach and took an premature decision without consulting anyone. 

If this is the attitude he's going have, then he won't last much longer. BCCI has already issued him the warning saying you got your way, now give us the results or ready to face the music. 

If thats the case then Virat may have cost india a world icc tournament. Disgraceful. Then has the nerve to laugh with pakistanis who had the sense to listen to their coach after the first india game BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO WIN. Pak players had no ego, sarfaraz took the right calls and listened to his coach. Results are there

Whatever it Kohli has shown maturity here .Very mature answers and right way as well.He could have lashed at as Kumble as he did in his resignation letter .

Another thing is not a single cricketer has tweeted even any goodbye messages to Kumble since he stepped down nor any support when it was blowing up in media

Probably an indication of how much support Kumble had in the dressing room.

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

Whatever it Kohli has shown maturity here .Very mature answers and right way as well.He could have lashed at as Kumble as he did in his resignation letter .

Another thing is not a single cricketer has tweeted even any goodbye messages to Kumble since he stepped down nor any support when it was blowing up in media

Probably an indication of how much support Kumble had in the dressing room.

Why would players be stupid to go against the captain? 

9 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

yes good response,but not good for ind cricket,how the hell were we going to win with such disharmony in dressing room

There is no disharmony in dressing room. As long as players are not fighting amongst themselves, its fine. I have faith in players like Dhoni who have seen so many ups and downs to provide calming influence during such tough period. Virat did the perfect thing by releasing this statement. We need to accept it and move on. Anything that is released in media will always be blown and manipulated as people want. Hence it was a wrong choice. BCCI/COA/Guha - everyone were just playing around using media and Kumble played his part as well.

8 minutes ago, mishra said:

BCCI/Dhoni/Yuvi/Tendu/Dada response. Kohli was so Pi$$ed he deleted Kumbles welcome tweet.

Regardless of who convinced him to release this statement, it is the right thing to do. Kudos to everyone to convince him and I am sure he himself would have learnt something out of this whole fiasco. I am sure the team is with Virat on this. They can now focus on cricket and be judged on how they perform.

Kumble gives bowler a "dressing down."

A flare-up in the dressing room immediately after the Champions Trophy final may have been the last act of Anil Kumble's tumultuous final weeks as India coach. According to insiders, Kumble, who stepped down as coach on Tuesday, gave a "dressing-down" to one of his players at The Oval on Sunday, moments after Pakistan had completed a 180-run win to seal the title.

If the above report is true, Kumble has proven himself to be a terrible man-manager.  Yes, these guys are professionals who should be able to take criticism, but they are also 20 - 28 yr olds with all the frailties that come with young age.  As a coach and mentor, it is Kumble's job to use better judgment as to when and how to offer criticism.  Just being right is not enough.  How you communicate it is a key skill, and Kumble does not seem to have it.

Again, if the report is true ....

Edited by Brainfade
4 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Kumble gives bowler a "dressing down."

If the above report is true, Kumble has proven himself to be a terrible man-manager.  Yes, these guys are professionals who should be able to take criticism, but they are also 20 - 28 yr olds with all the frailties that come with young age.  As a coach and mentor, it is Kumble's job to use better judgment as to when and how to offer criticism.  Just being right is not enough.  How you communicate it is a key skill, and Kumble does not seem to have it.

Again, if the report is true ....

This is almost like that Amir was a naive 19 year old so his fixing is justified argument.

Grow a thick skin and move on.

Its Indian culture..,elder yells at you even if you are not wrong...you brush it off ignore and move on.

My uncle got on my nerves  few months back when I went to India ,making fun of my unflattering belly when he himself can hands down win the most out of shape man contest. I just smiled,laughed it off and moved on.

You get paid millions and can't take criticism 

What a bunch of sensitive pansies.

Pathetic!!!

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

This is almost like that Amir was a naive 19 year old so his fixing is justified argument.

Grow a thick skin and move on.

Its Indian culture..,elder yells at you even if you are not wrong...you brush it off ignore and move on.

My uncle got on my nerves  few months back when I went to India ,making fun of my unflattering belly when he himself can hands down win the most out of shape man contest. I just smiled,laughed it off and moved on.

You get paid millions and can't take criticism 

What a bunch of sensitive pansies.

Pathetic!!!

Sorry.  First, this has nothing to do with Amir.  He f'ed up.  He paid the price, didn't he?  

And if you can't see the differences between the uncle-story and the Kumble-player interaction, you have blinders on.  

Of course, they must take criticism.  But, it must be handed down in the right way at the right time - that is the job of a mentor.  Not ripping someone apart when they are already down on themselves after a humiliating defeat.  

9 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Sorry.  First, this has nothing to do with Amir.  He f'ed up.  He paid the price, didn't he?  

And if you can't see the differences between the uncle-story and the Kumble-player interaction, you have blinders on.  

Of course, they must take criticism.  But, it must be handed down in the right way at the right time - that is the job of a mentor.  Not ripping someone apart when they are already down on themselves after a humiliating defeat.  

Coach is not a mentor to provide only "good job, well done reaching finals". That's the job of a sports psychiatrist. In Kumble's words, coach is supposed to be a mirror to show how good or bad they are. 

Yes, there is a time for celebration, but maybe the team's and coach's priorities are not matching. You don't fire a coach for that.

Edited by coffee_rules
12 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Kohli was already meeting bcci officials night before finals to plot the ouster of Kimble

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Coach is not a mentor to provide only "good job, well done reaching finals". That's the job of a sports psychiatrist. In Kumble's words, coach is supposed to be a mirror to show how good or bad they are. 

Yes, there is a time for celebration, but maybe the team's and coach's priorities are not matching. You don't fire a coach for that.

Again, I am not advocating that he do a "good job ... well done" all the time.

You guys refuse to read exactly what I wrote.  So, here goes again:  Criticism is a must.  But it is a coach's job to know how and when to dish it out.  And it is not when the guys are already down.  

1 minute ago, kosingh said:

Kohli was already meeting bcci officials night before finals to plot the ouster of Kimble

I don't know if it was a plot.  If BCCI asked him about AK's coaching style and what did not gel with the players, what is he supposed to say?