Tendulkar convinces shastri to apply

3 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

I hope somehow Moody gets selected and this whole issue is done with. Perhaps some people may find this political drama entertaining but it makes me sick to my stomach and shows how unprofessional some people are. Indian cricket is becoming like Pak cricket.

Agree. Go with Moody. Can't see an Indian keep himself out of the politics. 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

But dilli ka dil tho shastri mangtaa 

How sure are we. He likes Ravi Shastri, but might gel even better with Moody. 

I think Moody will be the best option. 

But at the end of the day, whoever becomes, should be someone who keeps the team happy. I was seeing Ashwin's "What the duck" episode with Vikram Sathaye where he seems to talk in a way that team was kind of fine with Ravi Shastri, even though he doesn't directly say it. 

At the end of the day, whoever is the coach, players should feel comfortable in approaching him and not just the other way around. If Shastri does that or Moody, i don't care as long as the team is not broken like it got under Chappell. 

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

How sure are we. He likes Ravi Shastri, but might gel even better with Moody. 

I think Moody will be the best option. 

But at the end of the day, whoever becomes, should be someone who keeps the team happy. I was seeing Ashwin's "What the duck" episode with Vikram Sathaye where he seems to talk in a way that team was kind of fine with Ravi Shastri, even though he doesn't directly say it. 

At the end of the day, whoever is the coach, players should feel comfortable in approaching him and not just the other way around. If Shastri does that or Moody, i don't care as long as the team is not broken like it got under Chappell. 

Seriously Bro???

Edited by maniac
10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Lol the rest doesn't really matter does it pra I mean bro.... When you set up the entire premise on that bro

I want Moody/Kohli 2019, not Shastri/Kohli.

My only concern like anyone is that Shastri might pick many Mumbaikars ahead of other deserving players. If that does not happen, I am fine, and I am sure many others would be too. But just because of this nepotism doubt, I want Moody ahead of Shastri.

Hopefully you got your answer. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

My only concern like anyone is that Shastri might pick many Mumbaikars ahead of other deserving players. If that does not happen, I am fine, and I am sure many others would be too. But just because of this nepotism doubt, I want Moody ahead of Shastri.

Shastri is not the selector and with Kohli the last thing you want to do is play selector...we all saw what happened when Kumble wanted to play Kuldeep over Mishra

Even if Shastri has good man-management/bonding skills, the role of a coach goes beyond that to strategies, tactical input, etc. Do you believe Moody, Shastry are on the same level?

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Shastri is not the selector and with Kohli the last thing you want to do is play selector...we all saw what happened when Kumble wanted to play Kuldeep over Mishra

so you want Shastri? I did not get where that reply came from, sorry care to explain??

You want Shastri as coach that means or no?

I have said, with Kohli/Moody, things will remain better, are you questioning that Moody will be a bad coach and combo with Kohli? Sorry, did not get what exactly you meant by that reply, whether you are backing Shastri or do not want him. 

Just now, maniac said:

Also what is this Mumbaikar theory....seriously??? The only 2 Mumbaikars in the side are Rahane and Rohit and both pretty much pick themselves...so unless Sandhu suddenly pops up and opens the bowling I will call bs on that theory

Does Rahane pick himself in ODI XI? Not convinced about that. Ditto about Rohit in Tests. I agree both can be in squad of15 perhaps.

Intersting Shastri interview from a while ago. Before the current drama. But gives you an insight into how he thinks. 

My favorite part of the interview

"I don’t know what the Indian way is but I won’t lick a** to play. I won’t lick a** to do anything in life. What you learnt from the game. You played it hard. Only thing that kept you going was that if you scored runs and took wickets that is what you are. Not because of an X or a Y."

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/ipl-2016-ravi-shastri-interview-commentator-those-days-i-was-at-night-club-at-oberoi-till-2-am-next-day-100-then-back-at-oberoi/

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Even if Shastri has good man-management/bonding skills, the role of a coach goes beyond that to strategies, tactical input, etc. Do you believe Moody, Shastry are on the same level?

I just believe foreign coach will be a better fit for India at this time, with Kohli. Moody did well with Lankan youngsters and seems well respected by SRH camp and knows how to use the players, and from that experience, I think our LOI team will do better under Moody when we go overseas. 

7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

so you want Shastri? I did not get where that reply came from, sorry care to explain??

You want Shastri as coach that means or no?

I have said, with Kohli/Moody, things will remain better, are you questioning that Moody will be a bad coach and combo with Kohli? Sorry, did not get what exactly you meant by that reply, whether you are backing Shastri or do not want him. 

I don't want Shastri as the coach. I want Moody as the coach- these are my views ...

Kohli really wants Shastri- based on reports everywhere.

Should Moody Kohli work based on what we used to think a year back- Aboslutely yes

Will it work in the current environment-NO

Even if they "make it work" will it be effective-NO

Edited by maniac

I just believe foreign coach will be a better fit for India at this time, with Kohli. Moody did well with Lankan youngsters and seems well respected by SRH camp and knows how to use the players, and from that experience, I think our LOI team will do better under Moody when we go overseas. 

Also depends on whether Kohli and co like him I guess; we dont' need another Kohli-Kumble spat.