NASSER HUSSAIN BLASTS ENGLAND SELECTOR’S SELECTION POLICIES. Wish one of our ex-players spoke like him

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Ashwin and jadeja are no1 and no2 test bowlers and they were the reason why India won CT last time .You want them to kicked out. Rahane is the backbone of Indian test batting and he still aspires to have an odi career.What would you as do as a captain/selectors not give him chances in an meaningless series to appease him. People were asking to kick Dhawan out of the team long before the CT but he proved to be one of India's best batstmen there.

I am all for youth movement but you don't play youth just for the sake of playing them you need to to have talent too.I don't see any talented youngster left out other than Pant.Pant is getting and will get his chances.

Pandya got his chances what did he do? did he make any difference with bat or ball.There are no Sachins in domestic cricket who are being left out.

Pandya bros can bat at number 6 and 7 which would allow jadhav to bat up the order. Kartik, jadeja, rahane are all useless batting that low and it forces india to waste jadhav. He only bats basically when the match is already decided. India has a surplus of top order batsman and dearth lower order batsman which is something the pandya bros can fix instantly. Not sure what use rahane can being wehn india already have rohit dhawan kohli lokesh who bat in the top order. 

14 hours ago, putrevus said:

Yuvi/DK are getting selected to odi squads for one reason alone.No youngster has pushed them out, show me one youngster who can match Yuvi's stroke play in domestic cricket. 

So, you want a youngster to display skills like Yuvraj at his best? Was Yuvraj as good when he debuted or Kohli was as good when he debuted. Until you give chances to new players they wont reach the level these guys achieved. These guys took years to reach that level we talk about. They didnt just come and started bashing everyone. Yuvraj for first 5 years of his career was an average batsman at best.

Edited by rkt.india
11 hours ago, putrevus said:

I have not seen one youngster recently who look as talented as Rohit was in 2007 or Yuvi was in 2000. Yuvi was stroke player from the word go, where are the next Pujaras if they are churning runs like Pujara did they will be called up.

These youngsters have IPL to show case their talent and has any India youngster other than Pant impressed, in my view the answer is no.Pant did and he will get his chances.

Why are you hung up  DK getting called up for one meaning less series.

Pant, Nitish Rana, Ishan Kishan, Samson, Iyer all showed their talent in IPL.

47 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

So, you want a youngster to display skills like Yuvraj at his best? Was Yuvraj as good when he debuted or Kohli was as good when he debuted. Until you give chances to new players they wont reach the level these guys. These took years to reach that level we talk about. They didnt just come and started bashing everyone. Yuvraj for first 5 years of his career was an average batsman at best.

so true yuvi was only consistent post 2005 sa series ,prior to that he always blew hot n cold

Problem is most modern cricketer are poor against less than perfect batting conditions. That's why you see teams relying more on conditions and toss to win. There 1-2 class player in all teams that can combat conditions but otherwise you see collapses whenever there is pressure. 

I will not be surprised if the same happened to SA in the next match like in Lords. 

Obviously playing players like Ballance is stupidity but modern teams stupidly want to push positive players with terrible techniques in Test teams

Nasseer Hussain is top notch commentator as well as analyst..He was medicore cricketer but his insights are wonderful..I can remember one test match last year where he was mentioning Karanatka's top scorers as well as thier achievements in last 2 ranji seasons while Rahul and Karun were batting together..On the other hand,Ravi Shastri was saying India chased down 380 something(That joker didnt even remember our highest run chase) against WI(You fool, It was against England with whom we are currently playing).Atherton as well,sound monotonus specially in ODIs but is amazing commentator.