What would be your All time Asia ODI XI

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

This has to be the most senseless 11

5 batsman and 6 bowler....most bizzare combination 

Itni bowling ka karna kya hai 

At 6 - ashwin ( u dnt want some hitting i guess)

At 7 u hve one of the most unreliable batsman, afridi at 8 wud have still made more sense

U havent even selected all rounder like Kapil, razzaq n imran 

I have more allrounder but you not realized till I play with your team 

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

Think , just to make it interesting , we should put a stipulation in that a minimum of two and max of three players from each country- in other words two Bangladeshis, 3 each from Ind, Pak, SL

Can have a few interesting combos that way

Tendulkar

Jayasuriya

Sangakarra

Virat

MSD

Matthews

Shakib

Wasim

Mashrafe

Saqlain

Waqar

If you loose SRT and SanGa early VIRAT need to bats next 35 over to finish under 300.Confirm with Laloo

Edited by Wapas
1 hour ago, kira said:

Afridi won't even get into a 2nd XI, the most garbage player to play more than 300 odis. Also there is no way a pakistani is captaining an asian odi side ahead of dhoni. This has to be by far the worst asian odi XI on this thread

Afridi 8000 runs in ODI 

Afridi. 395 wickets in ODI

Afridi. 351 sixes in ODI : 127 catches too.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

This has to be the most senseless 11

5 batsman and 6 bowler....most bizzare combination 

Itni bowling ka karna kya hai 

At 6 - ashwin ( u dnt want some hitting i guess)

At 7 u hve one of the most unreliable batsman, afridi at 8 wud have still made more sense

U havent even selected all rounder like Kapil, razzaq n imran 

Saeed Anwar scored near 9000 ODI runs with 63 scores of  over 50 alone in ODI 

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

Think , just to make it interesting , we should put a stipulation in that a minimum of two and max of three players from each country- in other words two Bangladeshis, 3 each from Ind, Pak, SL

Can have a few interesting combos that way

Tendulkar

Jayasuriya

Sangakarra

Virat

MSD

Matthews

Shakib

Wasim

Mashrafe

Saqlain

Waqar

No doubt about jayasurya talent in ODI  with 270 sixes,13000 runs 300 wickets but I never like him because real cricket is test cricket 

he despite playing and Lable with great all rounder finished his career with 98 test wickets and under 7000 test runs.

23 minutes ago, Wapas said:

Afridi 8000 runs in ODI 

Afridi. 395 wickets in ODI

Afridi. 351 sixes in ODI : 127 catches too.

I guess averages don't matter now. Even a gully cricketer would make as many runs and take as many wickets if he's constantly picked to play for 20 years even though he didn't deserve it.

SRT, Wasim, Waqar, Murali, Kohli and Dhoni are automatic picks in the line up.

Sanath gets into team with his batting and bowling. Anwar can get into team as opener. 

Sangakara is debatable. Even many lankans rate De Silva higher.

Fast bowling ARs - Kapil, Imran - pick any.

Yuvraj was a clutch player.

1 slot can go to Shakib, Miandad, Ganguly. 

LOL at people overlooking Kapil for XI over Imran.

Kapil was a guy with way better economy rate and way better strike rate with the bat. Neither are good enough to command a top six spot. And an ideal guy for #7 is someone who can bash quick runs as well as rescue a side from crisis (both claims in LOIs Kapil > Imran) and be a perfect 1st change bowler.Kapil ticks this box better than any other candidate in the world...with Klusener only competition.

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

LOL at people overlooking Kapil for XI over Imran.

Kapil was a guy with way better economy rate and way better strike rate with the bat. Neither are good enough to command a top six spot. And an ideal guy for #7 is someone who can bash quick runs as well as rescue a side from crisis (both claims in LOIs Kapil > Imran) and be a perfect 1st change bowler.Kapil ticks this box better than any other candidate in the world...with Klusener only competition.

I will take both in my team with kapil at 7 and imran at 8, akram 9

15 hours ago, goose said:

Sanga has just hit 7 centuries from 12 innings on the English county circuit.

How many has Gary Ballance hit on the "county circuit"?  How many runs did the 50 year old Chanderpaul score this year? How are the county studs Westley, Stoneman, Malan doing in international cricket so far.   County cricket is domestic cricket.   Let's not get carried away extrapolating Sanga's county performances.  

7 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

I will take both in my team with kapil at 7 and imran at 8, akram 9

Wouldn't Waqar be a better choice to complement Kapil and Akram?  Don't need Imran's stodgy batting in a star studded lineup, and Waqar is a notch above Imran as a pure bowler, longevity aside.  

9 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

SRT, Wasim, Waqar, Murali, Kohli and Dhoni are automatic picks in the line up.

Sanath gets into team with his batting and bowling. Anwar can get into team as opener. 

Sangakara is debatable. Even many lankans rate De Silva higher.

Fast bowling ARs - Kapil, Imran - pick any.

Yuvraj was a clutch player.

1 slot can go to Shakib, Miandad, Ganguly. 

Ganguly was a gun ODI player by 90s standards.  But he would miss out next to Jayasurya, especially since you have Tendy as the other opener.